Did God ever reveal death penalty for homosexuals, etc?

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟97,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
None of those quotes are from the Quran. Regarding leaving Islam, the Quran says nothing about legal punishment -- it only speaks of retribution in the afterlife.

The Quran is not the only source for Islamic jurisprudence and Muslims would have no idea how to practice Islam without the Hadith. People who reject the Hadith are considered heretics by the majority of Muslims. The Quran commands Muslims to look at Muhammad as the example of a good Muslim and to obey what he said. Without the hadith this command would be impossible to fulfill and my quotes came from the most trusted sources.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I think the passage is speaking about consensual homosexual sex and not rape.

The point is: the biblical account never talks about consensual homosexual intercourse in relation to Sodom, and the only sexual transgression mentioned in this context is attempted gang rape.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
There is a death penalty for ALL sins. That's why Jesus had to die for us, to pay off the penalty. Sin kills!

Shouldn't this give you some reason to pause and think?

There is a reason why we don't treat people who didn't pay for their parking space the same way as people who kill their neighbours.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The original post is only concerned about the Qur'an.

yeah, it looked that way to me too. since the q is anti-truth, opposed to the Divinity of Christ, foreign to and contrary to Scripture,

why is discussing it even permitted here ? (against the TOS I thought. ... just seems odd, very odd)

btw. there's a list of the sins/sinners who are judged by the Creator for not turning from their sin, for not repenting and not being forgiven in the blood of the Lamb ---- i.e. their sins are held against them,
and perversion and lies and adultery and .... (see Revelation the list)
is there, and is condemned to the lake of fire. (according to the Creator)

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟97,822.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The original post is only concerned about the Qur'an.

The original post talks about the laws of Moses and Muhammad and the laws of Muhammad are not found exclusively in the Quran.

Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." (Quran 3:31)

To obey Muhammad and his laws you would have to know what he said and did and you cannot find this in the Quran.

Upvote 0
A

Agnikan

The original post talks about the laws of Moses and Muhammad and the laws of Muhammad are not found exclusively in the Quran.

Say, [O Muhammad], "If you should love Allah , then follow me, [so] Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is Forgiving and Merciful." (Quran 3:31)

To obey Muhammad and his laws you would have to know what he said and did and you cannot find this in the Quran.

The Hadith are a whole 'nother topic, due to the many issues surrounding their interpretation. Just to give one example, Ibrahim al-Nakhai, a Muslim jurist in the eighth century, and Sufyan al-Thawri, a Hadith scholar, rejected the idea that the apostate should ever be punished by death.

But the simple fact that the Qur'an itself (as the original post maintains) never declares death to those who leave Islam, is cut-and-dried.

Whether a particular hadith supposedly coming from Muhammad's companions, is fully and accurately descriptive of what Muhammad taught, is another question, for another thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
S

simplegifts

None of those quotes are from the Quran. Regarding leaving Islam, the Quran says nothing about legal punishment -- it only speaks of retribution in the afterlife.

004.089 They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks;-
004.090 Except those who join a group between whom and you there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with hearts restraining them from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. If Allah had pleased, He could have given them power over you, and they would have fought you: Therefore if they withdraw from you but fight you not, and (instead) send you (Guarantees of) peace, then Allah Hath opened no way for you (to war against them).

Defines what a renegade is -
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 586: Narrated Ibn Al-Musaiyab: The companions of the Prophet said, "Some men from my companions will come to my Lake-Fount and they will be driven away from it, and I will say, 'O Lord, my companions!' It will be said, 'You have no knowledge of what they innovated after you left: they turned apostate as renegades (reverted from Islam).

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 76, Number 587: Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "While I was sleeping, a group (of my followers were brought close to me), and when I recognized them, a man (an angel) came out from amongst (us) me and them, he said (to them), 'Come along.' I asked, 'Where?' He said, 'To the (Hell) Fire, by Allah' I asked, 'what is wrong with them' He said, 'They turned apostate as renegades after you left.' Then behold! (Another) group (of my followers) were brought close to me, and when I recognized them, a man (an angel) came out from (me and them) he said (to them); Come along.' I asked, "Where?' He said, 'To the (Hell) Fire, by Allah.' I asked, What is wrong with them?' He said, 'They turned apostate as renegades after you left. So I did not see anyone of them escaping except a few who were like camels without a shepherd."

What to do with them -
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 83, Number 17: Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah's Apostle said, "The blood of a Muslim who confesses that none has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that I am His Apostle, cannot be shed except in three cases: In Qisas for murder, a married person who commits illegal sexual intercourse and the one who reverts from Islam (apostate) and leaves the Muslims."

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 57: Narrated 'Ikrima: Some Zanadiqa (atheists) were brought to 'Ali and he burnt them. The news of this event, reached Ibn 'Abbas who said, "If I had been in his place, I would not have burnt them, as Allah's Apostle forbade it, saying, 'Do not punish anybody with Allah's punishment (fire).' I would have killed them according to the statement of Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 58: Narrated Abu Burda: Abu Musa said, "I came to the Prophet along with two men (from the tribe) of Ash'ariyin, one on my right and the other on my left, while Allah's Apostle was brushing his teeth (with a Siwak), and both men asked him for some employment. The Prophet said, 'O Abu Musa (O 'Abdullah bin Qais!).' I said, 'By Him Who sent you with the Truth, these two men did not tell me what was in their hearts and I did not feel (realize) that they were seeking employment.' As if I were looking now at his Siwak being drawn to a corner under his lips, and he said, 'We never (or, we do not) appoint for our affairs anyone who seeks to be employed. But O Abu Musa! (or 'Abdullah bin Qais!) Go to Yemen.'" The Prophet then sent Mu'adh bin Jabal after him and when Mu'adh reached him, he spread out a cushion for him and requested him to get down (and sit on the cushion). Behold: There was a fettered man beside Abu Muisa. Mu'adh asked, "Who is this (man)?" Abu Muisa said, "He was a Jew and became a Muslim and then reverted back to Judaism." Then Abu Muisa requested Mu'adh to sit down but Mu'adh said, "I will not sit down till he has been killed. This is the judgment of Allah and His Apostle (for such cases) and repeated it thrice. Then Abu Musa ordered that the man be killed, and he was killed. Abu Musa added, "Then we discussed the night prayers and one of us said, 'I pray and sleep, and I hope that Allah will reward me for my sleep as well as for my prayers.'"

Sahih Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 84, Number 59: Narrated Abu Huraira: When the Prophet died and Abu Bakr became his successor and some of the Arabs reverted to disbelief, 'Umar said, "O Abu Bakr! How can you fight these people although Allah's Apostle said, 'I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, 'and whoever said, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah', Allah will save his property and his life from me, unless (he does something for which he receives legal punishment) justly, and his account will be with Allah?' "Abu Bakr said, "By Allah! I will fight whoever differentiates between prayers and Zakat as Zakat is the right to be taken from property (according to Allah's Orders). By Allah! If they refused to pay me even a kid they used to pay to Allah's Apostle, I would fight with them for withholding it." 'Umar said, "By Allah: It was nothing, but I noticed that Allah opened Abu Bakr's chest towards the decision to fight, therefore I realized that his decision was right."

o8.0 APOSTASY FROM ISLAM (RIDDA)
(O: Leaving Islam is the ugliest form of unbelief (kufr) and the worst. It may come about through
sarcasm, as when someone is told, ``Trim your nails, it is sunna,'' and he replies, ``I would not do it even
if it were,'' as opposed to when some circumstance exists which exonerates him of having committed
apostasy, such as when his tongue runs away with him, or when he is quoting someone, or says it out of
fear.)
o8.1 When a person who has reached puberty and is sane voluntarily apostatizes from Islam, he deserves
to be killed.
o8.2 In such a case, it is obligatory for the caliph (A: or his representive) to ask him to repent and return
to Islam. If he does, it is accepted from him, but if he refuses, he is immediately killed.
o8.3 If he is a freeman, no one besides the caliph or his representative may kill him. If someone else kills
him, the killer is disciplined (def: o17) (O: for arrogating the caliph's prerogative and encroaching upon
his rights, as this is one of his duties).
o8.4 There is no indemnity for killing an apostate (O: or any expiation, since it is killing someone who
deserves to die).
o8.5 If he apostatizes from Islam and returns several times, it (O: i.e. his return to Islam, which occurs
when he states the two Testifications of Faith (def: o8.7(12))) is accepted from him, though he is
disciplined (o17).
o8.6 (A: If a spouse in a consummated marriage apostatizes from Islam, the couple are separated for a
waiting period consisting of three intervals between menstruations. If the spouse returns to Islam before
the waiting period ends, the marriage is not annulled but is considered to have continued the whole time
(dis: m7.4).)

ACTS THAT ENTAIL LEAVING ISLAM
o8.7 (O: Among the things that entail apostasy from Islam (may Allah protect us from them) are:
(1) to prostrate to an idol, whether sarcastically, out of mere contrariness, or in actual conviction,
like that of someone who believes the Creator to be something that has originated in time. Like idols in
this respect are the sun or moon, and like prostration is bowing to other than Allah, if one intends
reverence towards it like the reverence due to Allah;
(2) to intend to commit unbelief, even if in the future. And like this intention is hesitating whether to
do so or not: one thereby immediately commits unbelief;
(3) to speak words that imply unbelief such as ``Allah is the third of three,'' or ``I am Allah''-unless
one's tongue has run away with one, or one is quoting another, or is one of the friends of Allah Most
High (wali, def: w33) in a spiritually intoxicated state of total oblivion (A: friend of Allah or not,
someone totally oblivious is as if insane, and is not held legally responsible (dis: k13.1(O:))), for these
latter do not entail unbelief;
(4) to revile Allah or His messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace);
(5) to deny the existence of Allah, His beginingless eternality, His endless eternality, or to deny any
of His attributes which the consensus of Muslims ascribes to Him (dis: v1);
(6) to be sarcastic about Allah's name, His command, His interdiction, His promise, or His threat;
(7) to deny any verse of the Koran or anything which by scholarly consensus (def: b7) belongs to it,
or to add a verse that does belong to it;
(8) to mockingly say, ``I don't know what faith is'';
(9) to reply to someone who says, ``There is no power or strength save through Allah''; ``Your
saying `There's no power or strength, etc,' won't save you from hunger'';
(10) for a tyrant, after an oppressed person says, ``This is through the decree of Allah,'' to reply, ``I
act without the decree of Allah'';
(11) to say that a Muslim is an unbeliever (kafir) (dis: w47) in words that are uninterpretable as
merely meaning he is an ingrate towards Allah for divinely given blessings (n: in Arabic, also ``kafir'');
(12) when someone asks to be taught the Testification of Faith (Ar. Shahada, the words, ``La ilaha ill
Allahu Muhammadun rasulu Llah'' (There is no god but Allah, Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah)),
and a Muslim refuses to teach him it;
(13) to describe a Muslim or someone who wants to become a Muslim in terms of unbelief (kufr);
(14) to deny the obligatory character of something which by the consensus of Muslims (ijma`, def:
b7) is part of Islam, when it is well known as such, like the prayer (salat) or even one rak'a from one of
the five obligatory prayers, if there is no excuse (def: u2.4);
(15) to hold that any of Allah's messengers or prophets are liars, or to deny their being sent;
(n: `Ala' al-din' Abidin adds the following:
(16) to revile the religion of Islam;
(17) to believe that things in themselves or by their own nature have any causal influence independent
of the will of Allah;
(18) to deny the existence of angels or jinn (def: w22), or the heavens;
(19) to be sarcastic about any ruling of the Sacred Law;
(20) or to deny that Allah intended the Prophet's message (Allah bless him and give him peace) to be
the religion followed by the entire world (dis: w4.3-4) (al-Hadiyya al-`Ala'iyya (y4), 423-24).) There are others, for the subject is nearly limitless. May Allah Most High save us and all Muslims
from it.)

Upvote 0
A

Agnikan

[Quran surah and ayat] 004.089 They but wish that ye should reject Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing (as they): But take not friends from their ranks until they flee in the way of Allah (From what is forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks.

Here is commentary on the context of this Quranic verse and surrounding verses:

.... this verse also only commands Muslims to fight those who practice oppression or persecution, or attack the Muslims. And in the event of a battle, the same laws of war are in place and a Muslim who transgresses limits should prepare for the punishment of God.
[And what are those limits that Muslims must follow?] It is also important to note that the Qur’an clearly condemns murder. The Qur’an says about the prohibition of murder, [in surah and ayat] 6:151 "Take not life, which God hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that ye may learn wisdom."

Upvote 0