Did God Create Fossils?

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
All the evidence clearly shows that a Global Flood is responsible for the billions of dead things buried all over the earth. Organic material needs to be rapidly buried in sediment in order to become a fossil, exactly what Genesis describes. The evidence when looked at in its entirety, is utterly overwhelming and convincing. :)
It is true that organic material needs to be berried rather quickly to be preserved, but that has happened many times over millions of years. And when the world was flooded for a year nothing was buried, all the dead moms and dads, and grandmas and pregnant moms etc would have floated around in the water without decay because God killed every living thing so, no bugs to eat grandma that God killed because she wasn't as righteous as Noah who, upon returning, was found passed out drunk and naked in his tent! Also NEVER, EVER, ANYWHERE have we found human skeletons with dinosaurs.

Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
False claim, that Jesus, whose public ministry lasted for 3+ years, spent an entire year (1/3) casting out demons! That's just not true!

My estimate was based on a published quote. You looked and laughed. Hmmm, let me think. What's more credible?

Colter stated, in part, "...anyone who you disagree with is corrupted by the dark forces."

I didn't say you were corrupted, or at least, possessed by demons. The Bible says to test all spirits. Anyone who believes that quote from the Bible would be interested that the Bible corrections you've been making with great confidence come from an untested source. To use an untested source doesn't mean you are demon possessed. Corrupted? That's ambiguous (and I don't mean that sarcastically. It's just that 'corrupted' is open to many interpretations).

Colter stated, "we just disagree on what the term "Word of God" means. For you it's the writings of the holy men, for me it's Living Truth....."the Word was God"."

In John 1, the Greek word used to represent Jesus is 'logos'. In Hebrews 4:12 the same Greek word, 'logos' is used at the beginning of the verse: "For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Most believers interpret 'Word of God' in this passage as the Bible, and especially it's interpreted this way in courses on witnessing for their faith.

Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It doesn't take 1000 pages of adding dates together to
get to any truth in scripture. Agreed?

Bishop Ussher didn't just add dates. He collocated each verse of the Bible with history going on at that time. Some of these added passages explain obscure references that might otherwise confuse the reader. Many Christians use helps: Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, Halley's Handbook, The Bible Almanac or a Concordance to research various verses of the Bible and to get a better understanding of the history and people of that era.

In counterpoint, Egyptian archeologists have historically based most of their dating on a few tie points and the rest are dependent upon assumptions of types of Egyptian art and pottery. This is a perennial problem because many of the Pharaohs had concurrent reigns, or multiple names. Quite a battle is brewing in this area now because checking with Hittite history could adjust some dates as much as 1000 years closer to modern times. Ussher didn't suffer from that kind of myopia.

Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is true that organic material needs to be berried rather quickly to be preserved, but that has happened many times over millions of years. And when the world was flooded for a year nothing was buried, all the dead moms and dads, and grandmas and pregnant moms etc would have floated around in the water without decay because God killed every living thing so, no bugs to eat grandma that God killed because she wasn't as righteous as Noah who, upon returning, was found passed out drunk and naked in his tent! Also NEVER, EVER, ANYWHERE have we found human skeletons with dinosaurs.

Wow! What an illustration of your 'scientific observation'. We had a local dam collapse here in Idaho and some houses had up to three feet of mud inside.

Since the highest mountain was covered by the Genesis Flood (the only credible on-site reporting we have available on that flood), that would produce a lot of mud. As that mud and water poured into the oceans, shellfish would be buried in-place. Fish were also trapped in the mud. Continuing muddy water would be washing off the continents, entrapping slower moving land animals. Horse and man could delay their burial until the last moment. Hmmm, that's the same order as the fossil record.

We have a fascinating site out in the west at Dinosaur National Monument. Large piles of dinosaurs fossils trapped in the throes of death. The scientists who've examined these fossils say it must have been done by a local flood (obviously, it's forbidden for them to say Genesis Flood).

The Maryland Bone Caves have fossils from all climate zones buried there. This implies some mobility and also suggests a worldwide flood (or at least one that extended to many climate zones.

Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And sand, where does sand come from? It comes from erosion over loooooong periods of time. I live in the Appalachian Mountains, some of the oldest mountains in the world. Once as tall as the Rockies, they have worn down over the ages through the mechanism of erosion. The white sands of the east coast beeches comes from the quarts of the mountains.

Scientists used to spout this unfounded observation about sand. Recently an island rose from the sea composed of lava. Within a few years it had sand on its beaches. Some scientists have adjusted their view of how long it takes to make sand.

Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've never tried that. I'm a 7 day guy. My argument is that time,
as we know it, didn't start until Adam's Fall from Grace. Till
then he was immortal.

Glad to hear you're a 7-day guy. I am too.

I'm also a nuclear engineer retired after working 26 years for a national lab. I've seen the bad science that goes on in dating. I talked to a potassium-argon (KAr) dating technician who stated they regularly throw away half the estimates without even telling the client. I have many other reports of bad science. I prefer to question the dating schemes instead of making Adam immortal for a million years.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
My estimate was based on a published quote. You looked and laughed. Hmmm, let me think. What's more credible?

Colter stated, in part, "...anyone who you disagree with is corrupted by the dark forces."

I didn't say you were corrupted, or at least, possessed by demons. The Bible says to test all spirits. Anyone who believes that quote from the Bible would be interested that the Bible corrections you've been making with great confidence come from an untested source. To use an untested source doesn't mean you are demon possessed. Corrupted? That's ambiguous (and I don't mean that sarcastically. It's just that 'corrupted' is open to many interpretations).

Colter stated, "we just disagree on what the term "Word of God" means. For you it's the writings of the holy men, for me it's Living Truth....."the Word was God"."

In John 1, the Greek word used to represent Jesus is 'logos'. In Hebrews 4:12 the same Greek word, 'logos' is used at the beginning of the verse: "For the word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart." Most believers interpret 'Word of God' in this passage as the Bible, and especially it's interpreted this way in courses on witnessing for their faith.

Your estimate is based on a published quote????? Fine, but it's not based on any of the gospels. Show us where Jesus spent "1/3" of his ministry casting out demons?

The Bible "says test all spirits"? Ermmm, that's not exactly what (1) book in (1) quote from John, who was talking about (in his own words) people with an anti-Christ spirit. More specifically "every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God"

1Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;…

2This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,

3but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

With that In mind the Urantia Book most defiantly passes the test!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Scientists used to spout this unfounded observation about sand. Recently an island rose from the sea composed of lava. Within a few years it had sand on its beaches. Some scientists have adjusted their view of how long it takes to make sand.
Oh-my-gosh! Errrrm, the sand came from the ocean? My gosh, how did you ever do work in the nuclear feild with all that young earth radioactive decay????

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Wow! What an illustration of your 'scientific observation'. We had a local dam collapse here in Idaho and some houses had up to three feet of mud inside.

Since the highest mountain was covered by the Genesis Flood (the only credible on-site reporting we have available on that flood), that would produce a lot of mud. As that mud and water poured into the oceans, shellfish would be buried in-place. Fish were also trapped in the mud. Continuing muddy water would be washing off the continents, entrapping slower moving land animals. Horse and man could delay their burial until the last moment. Hmmm, that's the same order as the fossil record.

We have a fascinating site out in the west at Dinosaur National Monument. Large piles of dinosaurs fossils trapped in the throes of death. The scientists who've examined these fossils say it must have been done by a local flood (obviously, it's forbidden for them to say Genesis Flood).

The Maryland Bone Caves have fossils from all climate zones buried there. This implies some mobility and also suggests a worldwide flood (or at least one that extended to many climate zones.

I'm glad you are no longer involved with our nuclear science in America! The Genesis flood is a fabrication on the part of the Hebrew authors who were not able to trace their arrogant bloodlines all the way back to a much older Adam and Eve.

Where are the humans with the dinosaurs and the settlements and other artifacts all covered at the same time with this childish flood story?

Upvote 0

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi Colter,

Here's why we don't find any human fossils with "dinosaurs".... Very simple. Exactly what we would expect to see in a global deluge.

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/humans/why-dont-we-find-human-dinosaur-fossils-together/

Not sure what your saying in the rest of your post, sorry. Billions upon billions of things were buried in the year long flood, that's why we see billion upon billions of fossils of every kind of creation, that's what ragging water does, see my other thread for some example of what water can do.

Peace!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
James, we are concerned here with evolution, not nuclear engineering. How much research have you done into evolution? How much field work? See, given a choice between you and Alfred Russell Wallace, who came up with the idea of survival of the fittest, I am inclined to believe the latter, as he spent years and years living in jungles, painstakingly collecting and examining specimens. Next, You talk about whistle blowers trying to correct errors in evolution. OK, fine. Name the errors and name the parties involved. Also, what does your history of publication have to do with anything here? I mean, I can sit here and say I have presented forty major theological papers at scholarly societies in the US, Canada, and Europe. I have also published six academic books, including my dissertation, which is used as a reference work in many seminary classes. What research have you published on evolution? That is the question. And while we are on the subject of publication, a problem I have had with creation-science is that too much literature is published by almost vanity presses. Kindle being a major source for creation-science publications here; and if you check them out, its a vanity press. Again, you have told some interesting stories about your work. OK, fine. But I don't see how any of this relates to the subject at hand.

How on earth do you come to the conclusion that radiometric dating has nothing to do with nuclear science?

I did name the whistle blowers in my earlier comments. You must have read them with little attention.

Evolution has worked its way into almost every science, so you have to cover many sciences to discuss it.

You ask, "What research have you published on evolution?" How much have you?

Remember that paper I mentioned that was published in Sequence Stratigraphic Models for Exploration and Production Conference in Houston, Texas, in a conference attended by geological and petrochemical engineers? (Did you read my statement #571 at all?). My company required me to have it reviewed by a geologist before sending it to the conference hosted by geologists. The reviewer sent e-mails to 7 levels of management above me in the 7,000-employee national lab demanding that I be fired. Yet, the conference of geologists approved the paper for publication. And you wonder why most creationists can't get published in the mainline magazines? It's not for lack of science nor for lack of brains. It's just that evolution is as protected as a new-born baby.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi Colter,

Here's why we don't find any human fossils with "dinosaurs".... Very simple. Exactly what we would expect to see in a global deluge.

https://answersingenesis.org/dinosaurs/humans/why-dont-we-find-human-dinosaur-fossils-together/

Not sure what your saying in the rest of your post, sorry. Billions upon billions of things were buried in the year long flood, that's why we see billion upon billions of fossils of every kind of creation, that's what ragging water does, see my other thread for some example of what water can do.

Peace!
Hi Paloma,

I read the link, it was funny and sad. One if the many holes in the Hebrews world wide flood myth is the claim that God killed every living thing. So the micro organisms that decompose bodies as the clowns at AIG claim, would be dead. Therefore this part from the AIG link "In most cases, dead things decompose or get eaten" doesn't work.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Glad to hear you're a 7-day guy. I am too.

I'm also a nuclear engineer retired after working 26 years for a national lab. I've seen the bad science that goes on in dating. I talked to a potassium-argon (KAr) dating technician who stated they regularly throw away half the estimates without even telling the client. I have many other reports of bad science. I prefer to question the dating schemes instead of making Adam immortal for a million years.

The idea is that He was immortal because the "time transmission" was
still in neutral, not so much that he had nine lives. Loosely speaking.
I appreciate your technicians views though. Why not give somebody
that answer they want? It's hard enough to get decent data anyway.
Who is going to check their work?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Re-check your sources.
Likely there were no more than 16,000 land animals and birds on the Ark.
I'm not sure if amphibians were included.
And if they hibernated in the dark, an easy trip.

Reactions: paloma22
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Oh, is that all?
The Hebrew creators of the global flood story left no wiggle room for future apologist.

Thus He blotted out every living thing that was upon the face of the land, from man to animals to creeping things and to birds of the sky, and they were blotted out from the earth; and only Noah was left, together with those that were with him in the ark.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bishop Ussher didn't just add dates. He collocated each verse of the Bible with history going on at that time.

That's not how we obtain Bible Truths...not at all.
God was not waiting for Usser to expose Truth.

Upvote 0