✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Odd isn't it that we have a God who can make stars, planets, etc. but He hasn't figured out how to make dirt. Go figure. My faith tells me that on the day the earth was created, it had a dirt surface. After all, it would have been needed to hold the plants. Of course, God probably hadn't figured that into the equation. But, each believes what they have convinced themselves is the truth.

God bless you all,
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
In the interest of truth in advertizing, we should announce to all readers of this string that your UB wisdom came from celestial beings whom you've never tested with Bible-endorsed checks to make sure they are not demons.

"Science observes" is another one of those faith statements. If science were as black-and-white as you say, answer the following:
When Dr. Halton Arp withdrew his estimate of the age of the universe because he had assumed the answer, why was he fired? Why is science still using his assumption that red-shifted stars are fleeing the earth at near light speed? Science is still using the techniques that he poked holes in.
Why did geologists argue for 10 years when the Alvarez father-son team discovered the meteorite that ended the age of the dinosaurs? They did it because they were trying to codify (or turn into fact) the assumptions of uniformitarianism-evolution, an antiquated theology/philosophy whose demise was hastened by this argument.
When Leakey's 1470 skull destroyed evolution using the same techniques (Potassium-argon dating) used by many of the other findings of evolution, why did evolutionists vilify Leakey instead of the techniques? BTW, I once spoke with a potassium-argon dating technician who said, "We throw out half of the determinations because they are too incredible." I asked if I could quote him and he said, "What? You want me to lose my job?" So, when you say that science does not support creationism, you'd first have to check the data thrown on the floor of the potassium-argon dating lab.
I could go on, but you get the point: science is not as black-and-white as proponents would like to claim.

Lots of conspiratorial thinking there, a demonic force hiding behind every curtain! The only point I get from you is that you are willing to betray yourself for the sake of religious pride. Judaism almost unanimously rejected Jesus by comparing him to their scripture books. Just ask them.

You illustrate a willingness to believe quackery simply because the common sense findings of science conflict with the Hebrews creation story written for the child-like mind of bronze age sheep herders. Religion can be a very proud institution, a tyrant really.

I've never said science doesn't support creationism, never!!!! I've said that science doesn't support the pseudo biographical narratives of the Hebrews young earth creation story. I believe that life evolved from created life planted in the shallow, briny seas of 550,000,000 years ago, and fostered by our unseen friends.

The simple observations of our material world, of the archeological record are not getting closer to the YEC account, they continue to get further away. As for religion, belligerent denial, bluff, vilify at all cost is all that they can do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Have you gone to check the Bible about the origin of these giants .... I am sure that even if one day you discover the thruth about the origin of these giants even if it is presented in the Bible you would not believe it.

Genesis 6
You have me mystified. I believe that fallen angels once cavorted with human women, producing the Nephilim giants. This is an area of debate amongst theologians, even those who believe in the Bible as written.

Many seem not to want to discuss these giants, but their existence was upsetting enough to God to want to wipe them out. I believe there was something different about these Nephilim in that they inherited some genetic differences humans do not possess.

We all are spirits in a body, but our bodies are just human. The Nephilim apparently had bodies that were a little different from human. Some like to refer to these giants as demi-gods or more than human.

To find out a little more about demi-gods in Egyptian history, you must go the Manetho. There is some archeological evidence independent of him about the ruling pharaohs but the vast majority of list of pharaohs rests solely upon his accounts, now available to us only through the writing of others.

But before the 1st pharaoh, Manetho told us that the demi-gods walked the land. Before them, the gods.

Now we have to define 'gods' in this context. For this I quote from my soon-to-be-released book entitled "Illuminati Battles: The Methuselah Prophecy" (This book is my second novel in the Illuminati series, dealing in part with Egypt's hidden history and Manetho's insights):

"Lamech, a descendant of Cain before the Flood, had three sons in Jewish history… Jabal who herded cattle, Jubal who invented the lyre and musical pipe, and Tubal-cain who was the first to make implements of bronze and iron. Zeus’ sons made similar discoveries in Greek history: Apollo was a herder of cattle, Hermes invented the lyre and musical pipe, and Hephaestus was a forger of metals."

This passage shows that what the Bible calls history is often raised to the level of the Pantheon by Greeks. But what's interesting is that Egypt also has demi-gods, similar to the Nephilim, in their history. A history, by the way, which is rejected completely. Modern archeologists, same as our scientists, only believe the portions they want and toss everything else aside, leaving us all poorly educated in the process.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

Odd isn't it that we have a God who can make stars, planets, etc. but He hasn't figured out how to make dirt. Go figure. My faith tells me that on the day the earth was created, it had a dirt surface. After all, it would have been needed to hold the plants. Of course, God probably hadn't figured that into the equation. But, each believes what they have convinced themselves is the truth.

God bless you all,
In Christ, Ted

Odd????? Odd is the speculative conclusions concerning the ancient stories, speculation that became the official explanation, then scripture and now the PRIDE of religion which is real good at confessing the sins of the world but not so much it's own imperfections. <-----:oldthumbsup:

Odd is the theory that Gods original intentions were for an immortal man to inhabit this tiny planet, with no death, which by now would be a real mess!

Odd is religions default belief that God can only create all at once, that while we may experience sequence and time now, there was no sequence and time involved in creation other than the Hebrews one week creation story. Odd is the claim that God could not create life by the technique of evolution?!?!

Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
archeological record are not getting closer to the YEC account

I didn't say the archeological record was getting closer to the YEC ("young earth creation") account. All I meant was that whenever the Higher Critics have challenged historical events as reported in the Bible, they've been proven wrong. It's a rather entertaining and illustrious record. Based on that record, the Higher Critics often make baseless statements, and it's reasonable to assume that all their declarations have the same level of credibility.

a demonic force hiding behind every curtain

Obviously, I was not addressing people who do not believe in demons with this comment, I was talking to the Christians who believe the Bible and realize that a full one-third of Christ's ministry dealt with demon deliverance. So, I trust the words of Christ and His ministry more than I trust your UB and its celestial beings (code word for "demons").

betray yourself for the sake of religious pride

Jesus said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." If that makes me religiously proud, I'll accept that label. It's nicer than what some call me.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say the archeological record was getting closer to the YEC ("young earth creation") account. All I meant was that whenever the Higher Critics have challenged historical events as reported in the Bible, they've been proven wrong. It's a rather entertaining and illustrious record. Based on that record, the Higher Critics often make baseless statements, and it's reasonable to assume that all their declarations have the same level of credibility.

Obviously, I was not addressing people who do not believe in demons with this comment, I was talking to the Christians who believe the Bible and realize that a full one-third of Christ's ministry dealt with demon deliverance. So, I trust the words of Christ and His ministry more than I trust your UB and its celestial beings (code word for "demons").

Jesus said, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it." If that makes me religiously proud, I'll accept that label. It's nicer than what some call me.

False claim, that Jesus, whose public ministry lasted for 3+ years, spent an entire year (1/3) casting out demons! That's just not true! Yes, he did cast out very real demons on several occasions, but as I said, their stature and abilities have been greatly magnified by fear merchants. (Demons were rebel angels who messed with mentally unstable individuals.)I believe Jesus defeated Satan, whose stature and abilities were also greatly magnified in the minds of frightened mankind. Satan is a cigar butt, discredited, defeated and locked up.

But obviously you disagree, so anyone who you disagree with is corrupted by the dark forces. What a wonderful government religion set up for itself, unassailable, never wrong, and absolute in authority.

And we just disagree on what the term "Word of God" means. For you it's the writings of the holy men, for me it's Living Truth....."the Word was God".

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi colter,

You wrote:
Odd is the theory that Gods original intentions were for an immortal man to inhabit this tiny planet, with no death, which by now would be a real mess!

You seem to have forgotten that God knows the beginning from the end. As I've often posted on these threads, God knew that man would sin. However, Jesus tells us that the eternal life will be different. We will be as the angels in that there won't be any marriage, and my understanding would be, no procreation when God establishes the eternal realm. As I understand the Scriptures, we now live in a time of life and death for which God told Adam and Eve to procreate, but after the judgment there won't be childbirth.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi colter,

You wrote:

You seem to have forgotten that God knows the beginning from the end. As I've often posted on these threads, God knew that man would sin. However, Jesus tells us that the eternal life will be different. We will be as the angels in that there won't be any marriage, and my understanding would be, no procreation when God establishes the eternal realm. As I understand the Scriptures, we now live in a time of life and death for which God told Adam and Eve to procreate, but after the judgment there won't be childbirth.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted
It's not that I forgot that God knew man would sin, for he created man as finite, meaning imperfection was inevitable. It's that I notice the speculative stories/explanations/theologies of the holy men are very inconsistent with that idea. They have God acting surprised that the crafty beast tripped up Eve, then they have God disappointed that he made man, so he drowns the whole earth except an ancestor of the Hebrew who came up with such a ridiculous story. Then there are more inconsistencies throughout the scripture with these man made speculations.

Upvote 0

James Wilson

Aug 13, 2011
Idaho
✟7,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, James, the same could also be said of creation-science. Also, many of your above opinions show little understanding of how science actually works.

Interesting comment. I worked as a nuclear engineer for 26 years for the US government, predicting the future at the Yucca Mountain Repository a million years into the future, considering such issues as change of government and language, change of climate (including ice age conditions in the Nevada desert above the repository), corrosion of large metal casks holding the nuclear waste, flow of that released waste through the ground and ground water, effects on a farmer of this flow. All in a million year time frame.

I did papers on the Worldwide Conveyor System effects on the global climate and saline changes that could affect that Conveyor and hence, change global climate. Because of my work in that area, I was asked to compete for Primary Speaker at the following Boston Global Warming Conference.

I also did work on the locations of elephant deposits (the super-large oil deposits like the one in Saudi Arabia). This work analyzed the effects of the largest and third largest meteorites to ever hit the earth through releasing magma from the Core, creating LIPS (Large Igneous Provinces) and creating geothermal heat for rapid creation of oil in buried hydrocarbon deposits. This work was presented at the Sequence Stratigraphic Models for Exploration and Production Conference in Houston, Texas. This gathering of geological and petrochemical engineers had a website warning about the dangers of creationists. In spite of that warning, they let me in to expose some of the errors in their work.

I also found errors in human error and risk calculations in Probabilistic Risk Assessment Computer Codes used around the world. Because of the seriousness of these errors, I was paid to correct the errors in the risk calculations and the National Lab followed my recommendations in correcting the human factors errors.

Human error data, especially for critical, double-check calculations were almost nonexistent when I was working in this area. This type of error is very important in calculating probability of operator error in high-risk accidents at nuclear power plants. I discovered and published new data in this area for a significant increase in probabilistic data for different types of operator error.

Explain to me what I'm missing about how science operates, particularly in the area of assumptions (particularly unknown assumptions spread by culture and training), frequent punishment of whistle blowers who try to correct errors in evolution, and specifics like, how hard it is to get published in peer reviewed conferences, both national and international. I've published 40 engineering and scientific papers, none of these in creationist or religious venues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hoghead1

Oct 27, 2015
✟8,968.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
James, we are concerned here with evolution, not nuclear engineering. How much research have you done into evolution? How much field work? See, given a choice between you and Alfred Russell Wallace, who came up with the idea of survival of the fittest, I am inclined to believe the latter, as he spent years and years living in jungles, painstakingly collecting and examining specimens. Next, You talk about whistle blowers trying to correct errors in evolution. OK, fine. Name the errors and name the parties involved. Also, what does your history of publication have to do with anything here? I mean, I can sit here and say I have presented forty major theological papers at scholarly societies in the US, Canada, and Europe. I have also published six academic books, including my dissertation, which is used as a reference work in many seminary classes. What research have you published on evolution? That is the question. And while we are on the subject of publication, a problem I have had with creation-science is that too much literature is published by almost vanity presses. Kindle being a major source for creation-science publications here; and if you check them out, its a vanity press. Again, you have told some interesting stories about your work. OK, fine. But I don't see how any of this relates to the subject at hand.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hi colter,

What do you find written that shows you that the ancient holy men seem to think that God was surprised?

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted
Because they had God asking what happened and then reacting with curses on the beast who had already fallen before Eve sinned.

.......Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

14 So the Lord God said to the serpent, “Because you have done this,

“Cursed are you above all livestock
and all wild animals!
You will crawl on your belly
and you will eat dust
all the days of your life.
15 And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush[b] your head,.......

Here we have the human speculation that the eternal God regretted creating man because they were wicked except of coarse an ansestor of the Hebrews. We are then lead to believe that Australian aborigines, American Indians, ancient Chineses Dynasties and every other human culture is a descendant of Noah........and the whole earth rapidly repopulated with plants, animals, insects and every other living thing, millions of living things.

6 The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled.7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”8 But Noah found favor........

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dirt is very old, it is the product many factors of an ageing earth not the least of which is life, it's death and decay cycle.Adam and Eve were incarnate adults from another place. They were educated and spoke the same language as the fallen prince. We could speculate about their years on the earth after they lost the life sustaining powers of the tree of life.

Quite detailed analysis. Thanks.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, seven days after He started creating, the dirt was 7 days old.
The desire to stretch the days of creation into a billion years/day is an attempt to reconcile the God-given wisdom of creation for man's uncertain understanding of the creation of the earth.

But normally..what is dirt?
How old is dirt?
How old is Dust man was made from?

If you want man to be made from God's saliva...ok.
But that's not what I read.
I read dirt or dust.
And a garden to eat from. How old are gardens?

It doesn't take 1000 pages of adding dates together to
get to any truth in scripture. Agreed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

paloma22

May 2, 2015
✟8,622.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If the flood did not produce the fossil record, then what did in context of a young earth view? I have heard it said that God could have created coal when He formed the world. But coal comes from organic remains, pressurized over long periods of time. Also, coal seams contain fossils, such as the imprints of leaves and other organic structures. If God created this, he is essentially making detailed evidence of something alive that never lived. Would God do this?

All the evidence clearly shows that a Global Flood is responsible for the billions of dead things buried all over the earth. Organic material needs to be rapidly buried in sediment in order to become a fossil, exactly what Genesis describes. The evidence when looked at in its entirety, is utterly overwhelming and convincing. :)

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In the interest of truth in advertizing, we should announce to all readers of this string that your UB wisdom came from celestial beings whom you've never tested with Bible-endorsed checks to make sure they are not demons.
I'm not sure how you would substantiate this criticism.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All the evidence clearly shows that a Global Flood is responsible for the billions of dead things buried all over the earth. Organic material needs to be rapidly buried in sediment in order to become a fossil, exactly what Genesis describes. The evidence when looked at in its entirety, is utterly overwhelming and convincing.

Hen Ham is wrong on that. Actually, the evidence shows that all fossils
are a result of rapid burial, many layers are displaced, removed, or flipped
in no universal manner, and that it's quite hard to sort them out.
There is plenty of evidence for rapid layering, but the world wide flood,
if it occurred, might not have even disturbed any of them.

History is very difficult to "predict" beyond your personal memory.
Even that has been known to be fuzzy on occasion.:hug:

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The desire to stretch the days of creation into a billion years/day is an attempt to reconcile the God-

I've never tried that. I'm a 7 day guy. My argument is that time,
as we know it, didn't start until Adam's Fall from Grace. Till
then he was immortal.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
And sand, where does sand come from? It comes from erosion over loooooong periods of time. I live in the Appalachian Mountains, some of the oldest mountains in the world. Once as tall as the Rockies, they have worn down over the ages through the mechanism of erosion. The white sands of the east coast beeches comes from the quarts of the mountains.

Last edited:
Upvote 0