Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah...I was kind of surprised. Seems like the CF has been a little more 'dead' lately. I figured with a lot of areas getting rainy weather that more people would be inside/online. Oh well.....let's run amuck! lol I guess that makes me an Amuck Canuck. hehehehehe

As for being 'creeped out by the thought of marriage'...all I can say is "I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!" Sadly, that 'tude is the HC I'm most comfortable being... That's the HC that doesn't let everyone else's "perceived" happiness and life events get her down. That's the HC that is finally able once again to focus on other things that God has blessed her with. It's all good in HC's world. *claps and does the Happy Dance* hehe

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yeah...I think if you looked up "slap happy" in the dictionary, you'd find a clearer picture of me than the one on my CF webpage. haha

Actually, I need to go nighty-night. I have to be at work in 7 hours. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. It's going be at least a 10 hour day. I'll have to PM ya tomorrow to let you know how the Dr. Appt went.

Have a great night and hang in there as well. You are loved. *hugs*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jenster

Hey everyone! I'm here too, but a little busier these days, so not on CF as much. Still dealing with co-workers who try to take credit for things they're not doing and deflect blame from themselves when disasters -- of their own making -- strike. Sometimes the dishonesty is like fingernails on the chalkboard, especially because they're both church-goers. Sigh.

God's really trying to teach me to (1) ignore people and (2) pray for them. Sometimes that's hard to do with any sincerity. lol. Thank God for His Holy Spirit to help me do what I naturally can't.

Upvote 0
J

Jenster

Thanks, mwb. Working with people can be so frustrating sometimes; almost makes me want to be an artist and work by myself all day.

I'm reading a book on intercessory prayer, and there's a chapter that explains how Satan wants to trip us Christians up by turning us against people (the very ones that God wants us to reach and witness to). But as it says in the Bible, Christians fight not against people but against the devil. So I have to remember that my co-workers are being tripped up by the devil, and therefore I need to be patient and understanding and prayerful. I know God's working in the situation, 'cause He's powerful and in control. It's just hard to figure out what He's doing sometimes. Ah well!

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you go into sites for Money & Kiplinger's magazines, there are articles that give ideas on how to handle workplace issues. Over the years, I have saved articles from magazines dealing with job issues. Every once in a while I look at them to remind myself what I should be doing to make my situation better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MadFingerPainter

in His hands
Jun 12, 2006
KS
✟18,077.00
Faith
Baptist
I'm having similar problems with one lady in particular at work that's supposedly a Christian. I agree...it's like that gets put on the back burner when they come to work and then everything seems to be fair game. Regardless of who gets hurt along the way. Problem is...when she's being mean and nasty to me...she doesn't see it as being wrong. She seems to enjoy it.

Upvote 0

mwb

Senior Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
✟11,020.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm having similar problems with one lady in particular at work that's supposedly a Christian. I agree...it's like that gets put on the back burner when they come to work and then everything seems to be fair game. Regardless of who gets hurt along the way. Problem is...when she's being mean and nasty to me...she doesn't see it as being wrong. She seems to enjoy it.

It's got to be a tough call for people. Being Christian or at least fair to others might cost them a raise, a promotion or even their job. But if people are good at their jobs, they should have some backbone because they can get another job if they had to.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know how a man who claims to be a devout Christian can sleep at night knowing he's paying full-time employees with years of experience only a few bucks more than the minimum wage. The man who owns the radio stations where I work owns about 14 more and probably laughs all the way to the bank while driving his fancy Caddy but his employees are struggling to live. If employees have a spouse that makes a little money then it's okay but us single folks would never be able to survive on the joke of a wage paid here. I'm glad it's only my 2nd job. His idea of a 'raise' is keep the pay rate the same but give you more hours.

Upvote 0

HoosierCanuck

Senior Contributor
Feb 4, 2004
midwest US
✟24,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I had one of these at my former job. She was married and her husband had a disability but still did odd jobs and likely didn't turn any of the money in as part of his taxes. They were NOT struggling but she seemed to find it necessary to take any extra hours available...knowing full well that at the time it was my only job and ONLY income. She would also mess up all the time when she filled in for me when I took a vacation but somehow the blame always got back to me. Her brother works for the company I work for now. I dreaded visiting his location but so far it hasn't been too bad.

Upvote 0