Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Depends if the buck stops with him or if he just passes it on and blames everyone else for his incompetence. Buck passing - Wikipedia
ETBa163WAAAaMLh.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟996,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But since the mid 90's, Republicans have been more in control of every branch. Political views aside, your claim is just demonstrably false.

Um, shut up with your obvious facts?

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The Obama administration significantly reduced the stockpile of N95 masks in 2009. Over the next 7 years they never replaced them. Did anyone bring this to the president administration's attention? Should some career beurocrat have said something. Or perhaps a member of the Obama administration?

It does not appear so. However the 2019 World Threat Assessment stated there was a lack WORLD WiDE in readiness for a pandemic. BUT it did not mention the US specifically nor was there a mention of the 3/4 depletion of masks that took place during the Obama administration.
I have not heard this before. Do you have a source?

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So no evidence that Trump knew about this then. Yet you and others blame him for it. Yet Obama KNEW because he had to authorize it. But did nothing to replenish or advise.

If we are going look for evidence that Trump does not know something we are going to be here for a long while.

He has been the president for years now but as others have said I guess back there it does not matter when you can blame your predecessor.

When the secret service screws up next time Trump will probably blame Lincoln for giving them traumas when he got assassinated.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,111,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did anyone bring this to the president administration's attention?
The Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response (ASPR) of the Department of Health and Human Services has managed the Strategic National Stockpile since October 1, 2018. Prior to that, the stockpile was managed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Strategic National Stockpile - Wikipedia

The 3yrs. that Trump has been in office was plenty of time for the CDC in 2017-10/1/2018 and the ASPR from then through 2019 to inform him. Whether they did or not ...

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,111,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For someone who repeatedly lied about his willingness to actually make his tax records public his professions of wealth mean nothing.
Tax returns aren't going to show you that either. I want to see a Balance Sheet showing the totals from all his companies, assets, liabilities, and capital.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,111,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So no evidence that Trump knew about this then. Yet you and others blame him for it. Yet Obama KNEW because he had to authorize it. But did nothing to replenish or advise.
Your right, Obama should have seen that supplies were replaced and it angers me that he didn't. He failed.
Trump also failed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,378.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
He didn’t just start his presidency this year. What is Trump’s excuse (or rather your excuse for him) for not looking at our lack of preparation or not addressing it in nearly 4 years on the job?
Campaign rallies don't run themselves, you know.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Quick question:.

How is Trump not knowing this better?

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,133.00
Faith
Pentecostal
If we are going look for evidence that Trump does not know something we are going to be here for a long while.

He has been the president for years now but as others have said I guess back there it does not matter when you can blame your predecessor.

When the secret service screws up next time Trump will probably blame Lincoln for giving them traumas when he got assassinated.

You're right. You cannot expect a president to know everything that is going on. Are you kidding? How many agencies does the federal government have? How many agencies does the executive branch control? How many employees and regulations, rules for each of those agencies are there?
You can point s finger and say the buck stops there. But the buck has to get there first. The president gets the final word and final say when he is involved in the decision making process. He cannot (no matter who he is) be held responsible for things that he has no knowledge of not involvement in. What, do you believe any man is capable of know or being aware of everything? A CEO of a company is held responsible for problems in a company by the board. But if the board is aware of a problem so is the CEO.

In this case, Obama was aware of the problem but did nothing. Trump was not aware of the problem. If he was and refused to fix it, then he is responsible. The buck stopped at his desk and he didn't do what was needed. However the buck never got there. So, he couldn't make the demand that it be fixed.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟338,133.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Quick question:.

How is Trump not knowing this better?
Do you expect every president to know everything that goes on in the government? There are 15 departments, 22 agencies and 4 million employees in the executive branch. I have no idea how many departments each agency is broken into. How many rules and policies are there for each of them.

Is Trump supposed to know? Was he supposed to know that the FBI was screwing up the FISA warrant process? He only knows what people tell him. He is only responsible for decisions made that he is responsible for. All presidents are like this.

Do you want a king? Do you want a dictator where no one does anything at any time without the king or dictator giving approval?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If this was so important, why didn't Obama do something about it?

He did just fine during the pandemics that occurred under his watch.

But then again, Obama was a better leader than Donald, so that's to be expected.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟559,525.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You're right. You cannot expect a president to know everything that is going on. Are you kidding? How many agencies does the federal government have? How many agencies does the executive branch control? How many employees and regulations, rules for each of those agencies are there?
You can point s finger and say the buck stops there. But the buck has to get there first. The president gets the final word and final say when he is involved in the decision making process. He cannot (no matter who he is) be held responsible for things that he has no knowledge of not involvement in. What, do you believe any man is capable of know or being aware of everything? A CEO of a company is held responsible for problems in a company by the board. But if the board is aware of a problem so is the CEO.

And if there's a bunch of stuff going on in the company that the CEO doesn't know about, it suggests that the CEO isn't doing a very good job of managing his people.

In this case, Obama was aware of the problem but did nothing.

Got any source for that? Was it posted earlier in the thread and I missed it?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If this was so important, why didn't Obama do something about it?
No. That's not an answer to my question.

I don't understand how you've convinced yourself that you are not a Trump supporter. I certainly understand that you find PARTS of his personality reprehensible SOMETIMES.... but that's a sidebar and unimportant to the discussion.

Reactions: iluvatar5150
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,887.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Do you expect every president to know everything that goes on in the government? There are 15 departments, 22 agencies and 4 million employees in the executive branch. I have no idea how many departments each agency is broken into. How many rules and policies are there for each of them.

Is Trump supposed to know? Was he supposed to know that the FBI was screwing up the FISA warrant process? He only knows what people tell him. He is only responsible for decisions made that he is responsible for. All presidents are like this.

Do you want a king? Do you want a dictator where no one does anything at any time without the king or dictator giving approval?
I would expect a president could tick off this box:
Are we prepared for a major epidemic or pandemic?
____Yes ____ No

If not, _____ is in charge of that and he should report to me.

You are still blaming an outgoing president for a lack of knowledge that the incoming president would be VERY easily able to get.

He is only responsible for decisions made that he is responsible for. All presidents are like this.
You say that but I don't recall reading ANYWHERE that OBama himself was directly responsible for not replacing the masks.

Would you care to provide some consistency in messaging for me? Thanks.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0