Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Chapter and verses you are referring to, please?
““Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭3‬:‭28‬-‭29‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25‬:‭46‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
““Truly I say to you, all sins shall be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they utter; but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is guilty of an eternal sin”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭3‬:‭28‬-‭29‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬

` 'I {Jesus} tell you the truth'/'Point of Doctrine'/
'Surely of a truth I am saying to you'{amen},
"All sins shall be forgiven the sons of men . . .
and all blasphemies/'malicious misrepresentations'
as many as they use to defame;
but whoever may blasphemes/'maliciously misrepresents'
the Holy Spirit, absolutely never {ouk} has forgiveness,
but, in contrast, he is guilty {enochos}
of an everlasting sin."

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
“These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭25‬:‭46‬ ‭NASB1995‬‬
If they go into eternal punishment? That would mean they would have to be eternal to experience it. Unbelievers do not have eternal life.

To say "everlasting punishment" would be the right fit for its meaning.

How would you describe God's life? Not eternal?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If they go into eternal punishment? That would mean they would have to be eternal to experience it. Unbelievers do not have eternal life.

To say "everlasting punishment" would be the right fit for its meaning.

How would you describe God's life? Not eternal?
Is English a second language for you? The word eternal has multiple definitions just like the Greek word aionios. They both have the exact same multiple definitions. I proved it by providing the definition and I proved it by its usage in the scriptures.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No, not if you know what the MULTIPLE definitions of the word eternal are and how to apply them to different uses of the word.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, not if you know what the MULTIPLE definitions of the word eternal are and how to apply them to different uses of the word.
So.. if its multiple definitions?

It takes the believer being filled with the Spirit and having enough doctrinal learning to determine which definition would be correct.

In other words? If we are not careful and allow our emotions to rule?

Its just another never ending debate that continues according to one's bias/objectivity, and unreasonableness/reasonableness.

Which definition feels right to you? And, why?

But, we can know this. God has no beginning and no end. Only God.

Everything created had a beginning.

So? No created thing can be eternal (no beginning and no end) but only everlasting.

That is where 'everlasting' comes in.

grace and peace ................

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This issue was raised in another thread that I didn't get a chance to respond to as I went on holidays and it was off topic so thought I would deal with it here and see what you all have to say for yourselves.
I say he didn't as eternal life is imputed to our spirit and if Adam had eternal life he could not have died spiritually. It's also the reason we don't die even though we sin. You can't perish (spiritually) and have eternal life at the same time.

John 3:15
that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

What say you?
This wondering often comes from not understanding about why God brought this 2nd earth world age that is ordained to be destroyed.

Did you not know there are 3 earth world ages written of in God's Word, and that since Genesis 1:2 we have been in the 2nd one? (2 Peter 3).

This present world earth age, a 2nd one, is temporary. It represents the degradation that Satan caused when he coveted God's throne in the 1st earth world age, and God ended that 1st world earth age. The Jeremiah 4:23-28 Scripture is actually an explanation of the wasted condition the earth is in at Genesis 1:2. Back at Genesis 1:1 was God original perfect creation. This is why at the end of Revelation we are shown in the world to come there will be no more sea, and no more death, and God's River and the Tree of Life returning to this earth, literally (see Ezekiel 47 also).

• Informative
Reactions: timothyu
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How could Adam have been created with eternal life if God warned that Adam could die?

What Adam had was not eternal life.
It was a day by day agreement not to eat from the forbidden tree.
For on the day he should eat? He would die!

Eternal life means unable to die. Its God's life. Life that has always existed.

Everlasting life means placed in a position where one will never die. Its human life. Life that was created. One that had a beginning.

:coffee: ........ Living to be defining "life" - one day at a time!

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,685.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What Adam had was not eternal life.
It was a day by day agreement not to eat from the forbidden tree.
For on the day he should eat? He would die!
Yes he lived with a choice, there being the two trees. Life or death.
We too now live withtwo choices, world of man or Kingdom. Death or Life

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How could Adam have been created with eternal life if God warned that Adam could die?
There's the gist of it.

Another way to say it is Adam had... to be subjected to the power of death, and thus fall, otherwise there would have been no need for The Savior to come to die on the cross to defeat death and the devil for us.

Reactions: GenemZ
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟307,685.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Another way to say it is Adam had... to be subjected to the power of death, and thus fall, otherwise there would have been no need for The Savior to come to die on the cross to defeat death and the devil for us.
Death which was the power of the rebellious elohim over us, was defeated yes, but it merely put us back at square one where we chose between two trees. This time the choice of one person will not effect all, but rather each individual.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's the gist of it.

Often times glossed over is the meaning of the Hebrew when Adam was warned.... On the day you eat you shall surely die.

Yet, the Hebrew spoke of death in plurality. "In dying you shall die."

Some try to avoid this and simply say it means "surely you shall die."

Yet, as we know, Adam suffered two deaths. One on the day he ate. That was his spiritual death, and resultant fallen nature of his body.
The second death was the result of the first. For Adam died physically hundreds of years later. Not on the day he ate.

We need to know with accuracy. For Jesus stated that the Truth will make us free. Not, simply thinking we know truth.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the first account of creation, God made male and female in His image. The account ends with Genesis 2 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because on that day He rested from all the work of creation that He had accomplished. Judging by this, the answer to your question is Yes. The only problem is, the male and female that were created are not Adam and Eve. These beings were perfect and God was pleased with them, unlike Adam and Eve.

The Adam and Eve in the second account were not made in God's image, they were made by LORD god who formed them from the dust of the ground, which means they were corrupt even before they fell, or they fell because they were already corrupted Carbon copies/knock-offs of God the father's perfect spirit world male&female entities.
Genesis 1:27

So God created [bara] man in His own image; in the image of God
He created [bara] him; male and female He created [bara] them.

See that? It says that "God created.

"Bara" in the Hebrew means to create something out from nothing.

The bodies were not created in God's image. Man's male and female SOULS were created in God's image.

Now how were those immaterial human souls to be made alive in the material created world? ?

Genesis 2 gives us a different story about creating man than Genesis 1.

Genesis 2 begins by telling us that God did no more [bara] (creating something out from nothing) .
It tells us that God 'rested' from bara - creating something out from nothing!

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day
he rested from all his work. Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because
on it he rested from all the work of creating [bara] that he had done."
Genesis 2:2-3​

The Hebrew of Genesis let's us know that the body for Adam was not created out from nothing. Only his soul was.

It says that the Lord took the elements of the earth and "molded and formed" a body for the soul of Adam. The Hebrew word 'jatsar' means to take something and to mold and form it into something. Not to create something out from nothing like we saw in Genesis 1:27.

That soul that had been created in Genesis 1:27? That soul entered the body for Adam when the Lord breathed it into the nostrils of Adam in Genesis 2:7. Until then? That body made from the elements of the earth was laying there lifeless. Not having living soul!

Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils
the breath of life, and the man became a soul having life' (nephesh) - 'soul life'.

grace and peace ..................

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Where is your proof that the Lord god's Breath of Life in the second account is the "souls" from the first account? Why would a satisfied God (who the verse makes very clear, rested) put His male&female creations(souls?) in to somthing inferior such as Adam's body? I'm arguing that the two accounts are completely different other than the fact that the second account is an inferior copy-cat of the first.
What did God save? Your body?
Or, your soul?

For “you were like sheep going astray,” but now you have
returned to the Shepherd and Overseer of your souls."

1 Pet 2:25

Not to mention... The Bible teaches us that He crucified your body with Christ.

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live,
but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh
I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me."

Galatians 2;20​

So? With even that little to think with?
How could your body have been created in His image when He only saves your soul?

God is both invisible and immaterial....
The human soul is invisible and immaterial.
In His Image.

Its the human soul that was created in His image. Not the body.

grace and peace ...........................

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe we are born again of God's Holy Spirit. Whatever “The Breath of Life” is, it is only meant to keep our flesh alive. The Holy Spirit is also what the male&female in the first account of creation were animated by. They did not have “The Breath of Life” in them. We are made in God's image only after we are born again of God's Holy Spirit.
Wishing you well....
thanks.

Upvote 0