Did Adam Have A Belly Button?

Did Adam Have A Belly Button?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.
ej said:
I'd always thought that man's SOUL was created in God's image.
I can't imagine God having a body, let alone a belly button
God does have a body, that of Jesus. Gods physical body is that of a man.
And Man is created in the image of God.
God made Man to be the body of God.
The Bible refers to the believers as the Body of Christ. And Christ is the body of God.

Gods belly button.
Hmmm... There is one you know. Jesus has a belly button. And Jesus is God.
But that is the physical.
There is another, between the physical and non-physical.

Upvote 0

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Duane Morse said:
The Bible refers to the believers as the Body of Christ. And Christ is the body of God.

Gods belly button.
/me 's head explodes

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Duane Morse said:

Gods belly button.
We were talking about Adam, whose soul was made in God's image.

Jesus came to Earth as a man. He was begotten not made.

Upvote 0
ej said:
We were talking about Adam, whose soul was made in God's image.

Jesus came to Earth as a man. He was begotten not made.
Well, the image of God, when physical attributes are applied parallel to the spiritual image, may produce the physical form of a man.
Form and function.
The function of the Spirit with the form of Man.
The form of Man may not be arbitrary, it may be dictated by the image.

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Duane Morse said:
Well, the image of God, when physical attributes are applied parallel to the spiritual image, may produce the physical form of a man.
Form and function.
The function of the Spirit with the form of Man.
The form of Man may not be arbitrary, it may be dictated by the image.
I doubt such theories apply to God.

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Duane Morse said:
Because a can-opener looks like a can-opener and functions like a can-opener.

A man looks like a man and functions like a man.

God functions like God and looks like.... a man? Do you really think the creator of our universe is a physical being? I don't know for sure, to be honest, but I very much doubt it...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SirKenin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2003
from the deepest inner mind to the outer limits
✟9,370.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm just thinking of what image of God the Bible presents us with, apart from stating that we were "created in His image".

There are a few hints in the Bible.

in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4
Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, Philippians 2:5-6

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. Colossians 1:15

These verses suggest that Jesus was the image of God. Other verses go on to say that he had the nature of God.

If this is the case, then logic would seem to dictate that as we have the same appearance as Jesus, we must therefore have the same appearance as God.

Of course, this doesn't solve your belly button problem, but it does hopefully resolve the "in His image" question.

Upvote 0
ej said:
Because a can-opener looks like a can-opener and functions like a can-opener.

A man looks like a man and functions like a man.

God functions like God and looks like.... a man? Do you really think the creator of our universe is a physical being? I don't know for sure, to be honest, but I very much doubt it...
John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

1 Corinthians 8:6 - But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Colossians 1:16 - For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

These are all speaking of Jesus, who's physical form is a man.
To say that God has no physical form, no body, is to deny that the Word was made flesh. It is to deny the Trinity. Because the Son is the physical, bodily God.

Jesus did not create everything before He was conceived, He did it after He resurrected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Duane Morse said:
These are all speaking of Jesus, who's physical form is a man.
To say that God has no physical form, no body, is to deny that the Word was made flesh. It is to deny the Trinity. Because the Son is the physical, bodily God.
Jesus is God... begotten not made, of one being with the Father.

Now, God BECOMING flesh to come to Earth, does not mean that God is flesh. Far from it... if God had always been flesh, he could have come to Earth in his original form, rather than as Jesus Christ (in the form of a man).

Is this reverse theology? :scratch:

Upvote 0
ej said:
Jesus is God... begotten not made, of one being with the Father.

Now, God BECOMING flesh to come to Earth, does not mean that God is flesh. Far from it... if God had always been flesh, he could have come to Earth in his original form, rather than as Jesus Christ (in the form of a man).

Is this reverse theology? :scratch:
Well, the phrase, made flesh, can also mean that Jesus was originally made as a flesh being.

As I have pointed out before, it was not Jesus entering into Mary's womb.
It was the Father and Holy Spirit conceiving the Son in Mary's womb.
Jesus, the Son, is not mentioned at all except to say that the Son would be conceived.
The same process as the male sperm and female egg meeting, only in this case the male and female of God, namely the Father and Holy Spirit, were Spirit only and Mary was the physical in the union.

The Word was God, and the Word was made flesh.
The Word was God, and God was made flesh. Pure and simple.
And Jesus did not lose His body with the resurrection, His body changed. He still has a body of physical substance. God is still physical substance with a distinct body. And that body is the body of a man. The Man that all others, including Adam, proceed from.

The whole point in having a Son was to become a physical, living, breathing God. God is the Son, and the Son is God. They are one.
And they are both Spirit and flesh.

God was not always flesh, that should be obvious. God became flesh as the Son.

Upvote 0

ej

hopeless romantic
Apr 1, 2003
✟16,563.00
Faith
Catholic
Duane Morse said:
The whole point in having a Son was to become a physical, living, breathing God. God is the Son, and the Son is God. They are one.
And they are both Spirit and flesh.

God was not always flesh, that should be obvious. God became flesh as the Son.
Phew, glad you agree with me at last... I was worried for a moment ;)

Upvote 0
ej said:
Phew, glad you agree with me at last... I was worried for a moment ;)
Oh, I seem to worry a lot of people.
But you need to understand, Jesus, while eternal, also has a beginning. He is the beginning of the Creation.

Jesus is the biggest paradox you will ever find. He is eternal, yet He has a beginning and an end.
He is Alpha-Omega.

Upvote 0