• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Destroying Vanity

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by DeerGlow, Jul 12, 2017.

1. DeerGlow

DeerGlow User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else Supporter

+2,200
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    I feel like I have been to selfish, careless, and reckless lately in my words and life. How do I deny myself? And the one who has been forgiven much loves much, so I wonder if I have unbelief about my forgiveness since I do not love God as much as I should for my sins if they are forgiven. Does anyone have scriptures which can help?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. faroukfarouk

faroukfarouk Fading curmudgeon

+15,042
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Above all it's a matter of keeping the focus on the Lord: 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith' (Hebrews 12.2) - see the whole chapter - rather than being introspective.

Blessings.

3. 1watchman

1watchman Overseer Supporter

+764
    Christian
    Married
    "Destroying vanity" is about NOT thinking about what I think or like, but what God thinks on everything; and I also value the thought in 2 Cor. 10:5 as a general rule.

4. longwait

longwait Well-Known Member

+449
    Christian
    Married
    How do you deny yourself? By doing what the Lord wants and not what you want. That means if you find yourself in a situation or a circumstance that you don't like or want but still it is the righteous thing to do then do it.

5. tdidymas

tdidymas Newbie

+575
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Republican
    We all experience times of inadequate faith.
    1 John 3:18-22:
    Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. We will know by this that we are of the truth, and will assure our heart before Him in whatever our heart condemns us; for God is greater than our heart and knows all things. Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence before God; and whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight.

6. Angel Wings 1288

Angel Wings 1288 Active Member

+181
    Protestant
    Private
    Vanity, or excessive pride, stems from someone’s preoccupation with the opinions of others, wanting to feel validated. If you want to extinguish your vanity, quit caring too much about what others think of you and be confident in yourself regardless of others’ opinions.