United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
for discussion

Is there anything in us or about us that make us deserving of the Father’s love?
Not until we come to Him through faith in His Son. Then we are joined to Christ, as righteous as He is and deserving of God’s love. But it comes because of what His Son has done on our behalf. Before we come to Him scripture says we are not deserving of His love. We are dead in our sins and children of wrath.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Since God is love and God made us, therefore He loves us and so we are deserving of His love. Of course, God is deserving of all our love.

Wisdom 11:24
For thou lovest all things that exist, and hast loathing for none of the things which thou hast made, for thou wouldst not have made anything if thou hadst hated it. rsvce

God still loves us even if we reject His love for us by sinning against His commandments.

Ezra 9:9
For we are bondmen; yet our God has not forsaken us in our bondage, but has extended to us his steadfast love before the kings of Persia, to grant us some reviving to set up the house of our God, to repair its ruins, and to give us protection in Judea and Jerusalem. rsv

1 John 5:1-3
Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God, and every one who loves the parent loves the child. 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments. 3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome. rsv

Jesus saves the people who love God. The people who love God are the people who strive to keep/obey His commandments. These people will receive the crown of eternal life.

James 1:12
Blessed is the man who endures trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life which God has promised to those who love him. rsv

Revelation 2:10
Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life. rsv

Many Christians will not remain faithful until death and so they will not receive the crown of eternal life.

Matthew 7:22-23
On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’ rsv

Luke 13:25-27
When once the householder has risen up and shut the door, you will begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, open to us.’ He will answer you, ‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from; depart from me, all you workers of iniquity! rsv

Luke 6:46
“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?" rsv

John 3:36
He who believes in the Son has eternal life; he who does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God rests upon him. rsv

There is no belief in God without striving to obey God's commandments.

And to whom did he swear that they should never enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient? 19 So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief.

Hebrews 5:8-10
Although he was a Son, he learned obedience through what he suffered; 9 and being made perfect he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 10 being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchiz′edek. rsv

Disobedience is a type of unbelief.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟83,880.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
for discussion

Is there anything in us or about us that make us deserving of the Father’s love?

Deserving? No

But... in humor... I recall the phrase “a face that only a mother could Love”.

I would say there are some that have “a soul only God could Love”.

In regards to GRACE... it is indeed unmerited and to shift it towards “Merited” would remove its property of being GRACE.

I am not one that desires to fall from Grace. I need it’s PROVIDER perpetually!

Upvote 0

cantool

Mar 20, 2011
North Carolina, USA
✟19,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
for discussion

Yes! Absolutely!
Now, for all of you 'naysayers', that have learned all you know about God through religious teachers, the spirits within men are worth everything to the Living God! (Zachariah 12:1)
When you stand before a mirror you see the exterior of the house; this reflection is NOT you, the eternal being. God gave birth to babies. These are they whom God pours His manifest love upon. Whom He blesses, and curses.
The flesh is cheap. Made cheaper (value) still by an imagination that has not undergone and endured the changes required. To say this another way, "How you perceive Christ, the cross, the former and latter covenants, your true state of being!" The KJV way of saying all of that is summed up in a single word, "Repentance".
Is Jesus diminished in any way? Absolutely NOT! Jesus is forever King of kings. He is Abbadon, the destroyer of the world system setup by Satan. Jesus has done what no one else could ever have done. He alone has reconciled the spirits of men back unto God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes! Absolutely!
Now, for all of you 'naysayers', that have learned all you know about God through religious teachers, the spirits within men are worth everything to the Living God! (Zachariah 12:1)
When you stand before a mirror you see the exterior of the house; this reflection is NOT you, the eternal being. God gave birth to babies. These are they whom God pours His manifest love upon. Whom He blesses, and curses.
The flesh is cheap. Made cheaper (value) still by an imagination that has not undergone and endured the changes required. To say this another way, "How you perceive Christ, the cross, the former and latter covenants, your true state of being!" The KJV way of saying all of that is summed up in a single word, "Repentance".
Is Jesus diminished in any way? Absolutely NOT! Jesus is forever King of kings. He is Abbadon, the destroyer of the world system setup by Satan. Jesus has done what no one else could ever have done. He alone has reconciled the spirits of men back unto God.
I think a reading of the next few verses destroys this argument.

Upvote 0

cantool

Mar 20, 2011
North Carolina, USA
✟19,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I think a reading of the next few verses destroys this argument.
What I wrote has nothing to do with the prophetic words following the portion I gave the readers.
Now, you can certainly make what I wrote an argument. It's your individual right to do so. But, the truth of what I said still stands as true.
Thank you for replying.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What I wrote has nothing to do with the prophetic words following the portion I gave the readers.
Now, you can certainly make what I wrote an argument. It's your individual right to do so. But, the truth of what I said still stands as true.
Thank you for replying.
Are you saying that you referenced scripture, but the rest of your post had nothing to do with it?

Upvote 0

cantool

Mar 20, 2011
North Carolina, USA
✟19,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hammster
Not sure exactly what you are phishing for.
I did use a portion of verse 1 in the afore referenced chapter and verse to validate "the which who" was deserving of God's tender-loving kindness and mercies, and why, according to scripture.
If you have a disagreement with what I posted originally, or lack a clear knowledge of God's purpose and intentions towards His Sons then perhaps you can suggest a different venue to discuss this and similar topics.
Blessings Brother

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,727,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Hammster
Not sure exactly what you are phishing for.
I did use a portion of verse 1 in the afore referenced chapter and verse to validate "the which who" was deserving of God's tender-loving kindness and mercies, and why, according to scripture.
If you have a disagreement with what I posted originally, or lack a clear knowledge of God's purpose and intentions towards His Sons then perhaps you can suggest a different venue to discuss this and similar topics.
Blessings Brother
Well, you used that verse with no regard to the context. So if that’s how you plan to make arguments, I’d rather pass.

Upvote 0

cantool

Mar 20, 2011
North Carolina, USA
✟19,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Where did I even touch on the subject of the desolation of Jerusalem, or her impending punishment?
I digress. I do hope that you seek the very face of Father God and aquire His knowledge, so that you may walk in the power of His love, and let the gentiles see Jesus.
Good day

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tone

"Whenever Thou humblest me, Thou makest me great."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2018
California
✟61,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Deserving? No

But... in humor... I recall the phrase “a face that only a mother could Love”.

I would say there are some that have “a soul only God could Love”.

In regards to GRACE... it is indeed unmerited and to shift it towards “Merited” would remove its property of being GRACE.

I am not one that desires to fall from Grace. I need it’s PROVIDER perpetually!

Congrats!

• Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I answered that already in the post you just quoted...? Why do you want to hear it again...?

Anyway, but in my own evaluation of my own self, that answer would always have to be a great resounding, big fat "No"... but I don't exactly know what God thinks on the issue all the time either, I mean He considered us worth dying for, right...? Said we are worth more than many sparrows, etc...

It will probably never make logical sense to me though, if He or God does in any way, etc... Like I said it would escape me completely... If He did in any way, etc...

God Bless!
The fact of all of what He did for us, seems to suggest He places some value on us in some way, but why or how, or "why", is what completely escapes me and my logic, etc, if He does or did, etc, or does still, etc...?

And escapes my logic every single time, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I agree, but didn't God have or find something in us that was/is worth "something", or worthy or deserving of "something" at least...?

Or not...?
I think He found Him... Or the missing part of Him maybe...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟108,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
No. There is no worthiness in us at all. All we deserve in ourselves is to experience God's wrath and an eternity in hell. God did not save us because there was anything good in us that is of worth to God. If that was so, God would not have acted out of mercy and grace, and Jesus would not have had to die on the cross to be our Saviour.

The ones who think they have some worthiness will be those who will be saying, "Lord, Lord" at the judgment and Jesus will say that He never knew them.

The true followers of Jesus Christ do have worth. The true followers of Jesus Christ continually strive to obey His commandments.

Revelation 3:4
But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. mrint

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. mrint

God saved us because He loved us. God loves all that He has made.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. rsv

Jesus came to earth because of Adam's sin. Adam's sin separated him and all his descendants from God. Jesus' sacrifice repaired that separation and so now every person has the possibility of entering into eternal life to live with Him and His Father and His Holy Spirit forever. Romans 5:12-21

However, a person must believe/obey His commandments until death if he desires to inherit eternal life after his physical death. There is no belief in God without obedience to His commandments.

1 John 2:2-4
and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He who says “I know him” but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him; rsv

Hebrews 3:18
And to whom did he swear that they should never enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient? rsv

Titus 1:16
They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny him, being abominable and disobedient and worthless for any good work. mrint

Luke 10:25-28
And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? How do you read?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have answered right; do this, and you will live.” rsv

1 Timothy 5:8
If any one does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his own family, he has disowned the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. rsv

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. rsv

Hebrews 10:23-24
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful; 24 and let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, rsv

We are commanded to do good works. The following verse is not a suggestion. It is a command.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his work, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance that we should do them. mrint

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’ rsv

People must do the good works that God prepared beforehand for them to do if they desire to inherit eternal life.

We are judged by our works alone on Judgment Day. Matthew 25:31-46

Our works do prove our true character. If we love God, we will do the good works that He prepared beforehand for us to do. If we love ourselves more than God, then we will fail to do the good works that God prepared beforehand for us to do. If we do evil works, we do not love God. God promised the crown of eternal life only to the people who love (obey) Him until their death.

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast when tested, because once he is shown to be genuine, he will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. mrint

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,404.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The true followers of Jesus Christ do have worth. The true followers of Jesus Christ continually strive to obey His commandments.

Revelation 3:4
But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. mrint

Romans 5:8
But God shows his love for us in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us. mrint

God saved us because He loved us. God loves all that He has made.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. rsv

Jesus came to earth because of Adam's sin. Adam's sin separated him and all his descendants from God. Jesus' sacrifice repaired that separation and so now every person has the possibility of entering into eternal life to live with Him and His Father and His Holy Spirit forever. Romans 5:12-21

However, a person must believe/obey His commandments until death if he desires to inherit eternal life after his physical death. There is no belief in God without obedience to His commandments.

1 John 2:2-4
and he is the expiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. 3 And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments. 4 He who says “I know him” but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him; rsv

Hebrews 3:18
And to whom did he swear that they should never enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient? rsv

Titus 1:16
They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny him, being abominable and disobedient and worthless for any good work. mrint

Luke 10:25-28
And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” 26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? How do you read?” 27 And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” 28 And he said to him, “You have answered right; do this, and you will live.” rsv

1 Timothy 5:8
If any one does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his own family, he has disowned the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. rsv

Matthew 5:16
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. rsv

Hebrews 10:23-24
Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful; 24 and let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, rsv

We are commanded to do good works. The following verse is not a suggestion. It is a command.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his work, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared in advance that we should do them. mrint

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’ rsv

People must do the good works that God prepared beforehand for them to do if they desire to inherit eternal life.

We are judged by our works alone on Judgment Day. Matthew 25:31-46

Our works do prove our true character. If we love God, we will do the good works that He prepared beforehand for us to do. If we love ourselves more than God, then we will fail to do the good works that God prepared beforehand for us to do. If we do evil works, we do not love God. God promised the crown of eternal life only to the people who love (obey) Him until their death.

Blessed is the man who remains steadfast when tested, because once he is shown to be genuine, he will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him. mrint
Oh well, if you are trusting in your personal performance according to the Law, you are welcome to it.

Upvote 0

Joy

May 21, 2004
B'ham
✟1,403,923.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
MOD HAT ON

264514_e3ba2f9f1270d1140a69d605703a8674.png

For Staff Review

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,224,304.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
MOD HAT ON
Thread how open for posting again.
Remember address the argument, not the CF member.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0