• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depression

Quietus

Lost Cause
Mar 29, 2020
St. Louis
✟7,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I’m in the same boat. Some days are better than others, but those days are few.

But I think of it like this: if God can forgive you, then you can forgive you. Isn’t His mercy greater than yours?

I say, ask God to help you forgive yourself, and others. Ask to acquire a tender heart.

And remember that His blood is sufficient.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi everyone i have had a very tramatic past and was diagnosed with clinicatl depression, ive also been consumed with guilt because of my bad past that i know cant be changed how can i forgive myself
The following two articles are the best I've ever come across on the subject.

Are you under condemnation? - Christian Life Frankston
Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

We must forgive others. We also must forgive ourselves. When God forgives, it's as if we'd never sinned. If God forgets, why should we punish ourselves? What does it achieve? Answer: nothing except to cripple us spiritually.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone i have had a very tramatic past and was diagnosed with clinicatl depression, ive also been consumed with guilt because of my bad past that i know cant be changed how can i forgive myself

You are not at fault for your past.
You did nothing to deserve your past.
If you believe this then you can let go of your feelings of guilt over the past and forgive yourself.

Please seek and talk to a therapist to get professional help in break with your feelings.

Upvote 0

Marumorose

Nov 30, 2019
Polokwane
✟37,738.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Firstly acknowledge your bad past
Secondly forgive anyone who has wronged you.
Thirdly ask God for forgiveness
Fourthly thank God for forgiving you
Lastly forgive yourself. Say " I forgive myself because God has forgiven me"
1 John 1:9 says "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
May our Lord Jesus Christ bless you and save you from depression
AMEN

• Winner
Reactions: Ronit
Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To be able to forgive you need God's love. Depression often robs us of our love and leaves us behind in loveless state. So it has to do with knowing God's love before you can feel God's love. So let God's word affirm God's love to you, so you may know His love and then be able to break with the loveless reality of your depression. Once God's love touches you you will be healed soon enough.

Love God and neighbour as well as yourself and all will fall back into place. We can leave sin behind only after Jesus washed it away from us. So fill yourself up with the love of God and let Him cleanse you of your sin. For when His truth sets you free you shall be free indeed.

Be of good courage.

1 John 1:5-10
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.

If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

• Winner
Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0

Willing-heart

In Christ Alone.
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2017
Gloucester
Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“The one thing,” says the apostle Paul (Philippians 3:13) is that “I forget those things which are behind me and strain forward to what lies ahead.” When you read something like this from the life of the apostle Paul, you have to be convinced that this is something he struggled with, a temptation that he constantly fought, the haunting of his past sins, the heavy weight of his past blasphemy, the painful vivid memory of the stoning of Stephen which he witnessed and approved, the nightmare of arresting innocent Christians and putting them in prison. Like the apostle Paul, we also need to keep on nailing our sins to the cross, burn those bridges of idolatry in our lives, and press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus.

From Despair to Joy

Reactions: Jeshu
Upvote 0

LWoodall

Dec 17, 2018
ASHBURN
✟8,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sorry about how you feel! When society goes back to normal, it would be helpful if you meet with a therapist regularly. I pray that God gives you His peace and that you live knowing that you are a forgiven person. I hope that you feel better soon. God bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ladybug6

Apr 23, 2011
✟16,194.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I’m in the same boat. Some days are better than others, but those days are few.

But I think of it like this: if God can forgive you, then you can forgive you. Isn’t His mercy greater than yours?

I say, ask God to help you forgive yourself, and others. Ask to acquire a tender heart.

And remember that His blood is sufficient.
Thanks

Reactions: Quietus
Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
The following two articles are the best I've ever come across on the subject.

Are you under condemnation? - Christian Life Frankston
Can you forgive from your heart? - Christian Life Frankston

We must forgive others. We also must forgive ourselves. When God forgives, it's as if we'd never sinned. If God forgets, why should we punish ourselves? What does it achieve? Answer: nothing except to cripple us spiritually.
Ok I totally get that. But what is freaking me out is Judgment Day when every Idle word will be brought into account?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Ok I totally get that. But what is freaking me out is Judgment Day when every Idle word will be brought into account?
Thanks
True. And God will wipe away all tears, even those of regret. We are forgiven. We have eternal life. Our words are important, but God's grace is sufficient. If you've said something you regret, confess it as sin. The blood of Lord Jesus removes sin as if it never happened. God created us, He loves us, He is merciful and gracious to us. He is not looking for excuses to beat us up. He is like the Prodigal son's dad, just happy that we have come home. Ask God to show you how much He loves you. A clue. Enough to send Jesus to die in your place.

Upvote 0

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
True. And God will wipe away all tears, even those of regret. We are forgiven. We have eternal life. Our words are important, but God's grace is sufficient. If you've said something you regret, confess it as sin. The blood of Lord Jesus removes sin as if it never happened. God created us, He loves us, He is merciful and gracious to us. He is not looking for excuses to beat us up. He is like the Prodigal son's dad, just happy that we have come home. Ask God to show you how much He loves you. A clue. Enough to send Jesus to die in your place.
I I get that Aussie Pete. But I'm kind of freaked about the Great White throne Judgment where everything is exposed. And if all is forgiven why does it have to be brought up again to be judged?
Thanks

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I I get that Aussie Pete. But I'm kind of freaked about the Great White throne Judgment where everything is exposed. And if all is forgiven why does it have to be brought up again to be judged?
Thanks
You will not appear before the Great White Throne. That is the judgement for unbelievers. We will be judged as believers. It's like a prize giving event. Our works determine reward, not punishment. Some will be greatly rewarded, others very little. God will show us our whole life so we will rejoice in His goodness. We will see where He rescued us and what He was doing in secret to cause us to be more like Jesus. We are already forgiven.

Some people will have much regret because they failed to live the life that God had in store for them. That should be an encouragement to seek the Lord for His will and purpose for our lives. We get one shot at this life. Let's make the most of it.

We are already alive in Christ. The Bible says at least 365 times, "Do not be afraid". That's once for every day of the year. Maybe God is trying to tell us something..............

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ronit

Jul 29, 2017
Oregon
✟34,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You will not appear before the Great White Throne. That is the judgement for unbelievers. We will be judged as believers. It's like a prize giving event. Our works determine reward, not punishment. Some will be greatly rewarded, others very little. God will show us our whole life so we will rejoice in His goodness. We will see where He rescued us and what He was doing in secret to cause us to be more like Jesus. We are already forgiven.

Some people will have much regret because they failed to live the life that God had in store for them. That should be an encouragement to seek the Lord for His will and purpose for our lives. We get one shot at this life. Let's make the most of it.

We are already alive in Christ. The Bible says at least 365 times, "Do not be afraid". That's once for every day of the year. Maybe God is trying to tell us something..............
:) Thanks Aussie Pete

Upvote 0

J0A0

May 12, 2020
Benbrook
✟18,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I deal with the issue of being forgiven myself. I’ve received wise counsel, and unfortunately my (as of yet undiagnosed, but probable) OCD/depression/anxiety, not to mention the enemy, reminds me of something e done or my motives, etc. (That’s not to say I am not responsible for not heeding the advice given to me.) There’s this song by Tenth Avenue North I listen to a lot when things are pretty bad. It’s called Times, and it’s a very soothing song. I’d suggest you give it a listen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0