Depression

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may just be a physical problem then. Is the medication helping? Is there something that has happened recently that may have triggered this? Was there something bad that happened to you when you were younger that maybe your mind is suppressing?
I feel for you. Hopefully the doctors can figure out what it is that is bothering you.
Take care and hang in there.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Blair,
I too have been in the darkest of places. Depression and fear running my life. I tried drugs. When there are no drugs, it is only worse than before. The only thing that really works is faith in God.
This society is so hung up on drugs fixing everything. Are you nervous? Take this drug. Are you anxious in a crowd? Take that drug. God cannot work on people full of drugs. I have a Christian brother who says God gave him marijuana so he can have patience with other people. PLEASE!
Go to someone who can lay hands on you and pray for you. Dont do it on drugs though. Pray to have your depression turned into faith in God.

Stand in the mire and praise God for your situation. Stand in the mire and ask for Gods healing hand.
Stand in the mire and ask that your depression be turned into
the Joy of loving God. Thank Him for your blessings. Thank Him for your very life. Thank Him that he will make you the person he wants you to be. If you are living in sin of any sort, stop it. God will heal you.
God will heal you by your faith.

Upvote 0
Solo66 man is absolutely right. You have to thank God with every prayer.
I am a borderline manic deppressive. The first time in my life I didn't feel like I walked in a cloud or had an insurmountable weight on me was a few months after I came to Jesus. I still remember the first time I truly laughed with joy and the first time I began to see things clearly and with a new outlook. I still get very down sometimes, and I have to fight awful battles for my security, sanity and hope.
But it is all demonic. They know we love God and will do whatever it takes to make us look away from Him and discourage us beyond all we can take.
Paul felt like this in jail.He and (Silas? forgive me for not finding it) said they were at the point of saddness unto death and began singing and praising God in the cell. This is when that great earthquake opened the cells, and they were able to be set free and witness to the gaurd, bringing him to salvation, and later using him to begin the church in Rome!
And God said ,"Praying always with prayer and supplication (thanksgiving) in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perserverance and supplication for all saints"
We are all lifting you up in prayer for this need. I know it is great, and is torturous. Just try to think on what is good, and pure and keep your mind from evil. Remember, too that suicide gets you opposite of what you are searching for.

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Amen girl4god,
I was so depressed anything I thought about, death was part of the possible equation. I felt absolutely no need for my own existence. Death was the only real answer. I truely believed the world would definitely be a better place without me.
This also, led to great great fear. I could not even walk down the street in the daylight, I was so afraid. I began to believe people could even read every wretched thought I had.
Thanks be to God I am here many years later to speak about it.
God and only God could save me from myself.
I believe that it was God making me turn to Him. I had NO hapiness until I turned to my Father in Heaven.
Praise God.

Upvote 0
thanks to both of you. i was born again in april 1986. everything in life was great. back in june i felt like i wanted to die. i've been praying and believing. god also works through medicine. i've had hands laid on me. gets frustrating when praying and taking medicine and still feeling bad. i need a real break through.

GOD BLESS

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Blair,

I hope I can help.

Suicide is a very frightening thing to discuss. I find most people avoid the subject at all cost.

I believe Satan takes a Godly desire (to be present with the Lord) --
PHP 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far;

He then uses this desire to try to destroy you--
MT 4:5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:

" `He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.' "

MT 4:7 Jesus answered him, "It is also written: `Do not put the Lord your God to the test.' "

I have never heard anyone say this, but I believe that Satan was trying to get Jesus to kill himself.

The desire to be absent from the body and present with the Lord is a Godly desire.

Suicide is a temptation of Satan. It is very important that you see this destinction, and as Jesus said "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"

You must be strong in the Lord and make the decision to live no matter how strong your desire to be with the Lord might be. You are sharing in Christ's sufferings. I believe you are being tempted with the same temptation that Christ endured--what an honor.

RO 8:17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

Christ knew to use the Word against Satan. If you notice, he always answered Satan with a bible quote. You are going to have to learn to protect yourself by learning spiritual warfare.

HEB 4:12 For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. 13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.

EPH 6:13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints.

I try to always have a bible quote going in my mind--"take captive every thought".
2CO 10:3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

As you come to bring every thought into captivity your joy will increase greatly--and yes, you can want to die (be present with the Lord) and still have great joy.

I am constantly quoting a bible verse in my mind and the more I am able to do this, the greater my joy. Let me warn you it is not easy at first. You will be quoting the bible to yourself and then all of these other thoughts will come into you mind. But, persevere--it gets easier and easier as time goes on.

COL 3:1 Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. 3 For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Just think Blair how you would feel if you had a child you loved dearly. You took care of this child in every way possible--he didn't have a worry in the world. You would always take care of him. But, he didn't believe you. You knew how much you loved him and you knew you would take care of him--but he didn't believe it. Think how that would hurt you.

Blair, trust God in life as well as death.

Please let me know Blair if there is anything I can do to help you in any way.

Love you in the Lord

Terri

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Terri,
That is a beautiful story. I love how God intervenes when we need Him. I believe He actually saved your life. Miraculous and amazing.
Blair,
We are so fortunate to have a God who is so wonderful that He holds the entire universe in the palm of His hand and yet is so concerned with each one of us. He cares the same for you. I know
you know that. But sometimes it is good to read and/or hear it.
I show Him how glad I am by going on each day and thanking Him
for His mercy. His love is so great.
Praise His precious Holy Name. Thank you, Lord
Although, I still struggle at times with saddness and wanting to get off this planet, I remember what life without Him was like.
Now, when I start to get down, I remember the dream of being
His holy child that He put in me. That takes the burden off of me
and I start to feel better. Then I remember how much He loves me
even though I do not fully comprehend just how much.
Now, I am so devoted to Him, but still have so far to go to do His will daily. Some day perhaps.
Thank You God in Heaven

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I am new here, but I understand depression, I have been there before, and right now am depressed but have good reason to be now, as I am going thru alot myself. but on the other hand, I know how god can help you through depression and you will come out stronger after wards becasue you see where god lead you and how he helped you. i will pray for you also blair. blessings to you. in christ, evangelizer

Upvote 0

Terri

Senior Veteran
Dec 28, 2001
Visit site
✟20,061.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Sol66 man I just wanted to say thanks for your comments about my post to Blair about suicide.

Blair you are constantly in my thoughts and prayers:

Father I come to you in Lord Jesus name. I ask you in Lord Jesus name to watch over Blair as he goes through this difficult time. I ask you to strengthen his heart so that Christ can dwell in it in his fullness. I ask that you help him learn spiritual warfare so he will be able to stand against the evil one. In Lord Jesus name I pray. Thank you father in Lord Jesus name. Amen

Love you both in the Lord

Terri

Upvote 0

Martin

Senior Veteran
Jan 13, 2002
Rochdale
Visit site
✟11,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Terri,

I'm sure God will use your post to great effect in the hearts of those reading this thread who are in such difficulties.......

I comend your willingness to be vulnerable for the sake of others..... the Lord bless you (as much as He loves you!)

Upvote 0

solo66 man

Jan 18, 2002
San Jose Ca.
✟6,958.00
Terri,
The situation was so transparent the beauty of Gods works was easy to see; probably because you heart is written there. That makes it easy to encourage you in your work. God gave you a wonderful talent and a tool with which to work it.
I agree fully with Martin. Perhaps a ministry uncovered. But that is between you and God.
God Bless you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

amie

Survivor
Mar 1, 2002
California
Visit site
✟7,688.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Blair,
I love you...I am praying for you...we are all spiritual being having a human experience...you WILL get through this! WE will get you through this! We care for you, embrace you and are there for you! You are loved much more than you could ever know...Praying for you with everything in my soul...
your friend,
Amie :angel:

Upvote 0

Iffy

Feb 6, 2002
Brisbane
Visit site
✟15,549.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by Blair
im a born again christian and got into deep deppression i don't know why...woke up one day wanting to die. been to the doctor and on many different meds with no help. feel very hopeless.

thanks

Hi Blair,
Are you open to going for Christian counselling and also to someone who is involved in the healing and deliverance ministry?

In my teens, I often felt up-down-up-down..and because I couldn't expressed my 'downs', it seemed to me (although no one else knew) that I was more often down. I was much comforted when I remembered that Jesus was a man of sorrow and much acquainted with grief. I didn't feel like I had to be happy all the time. I also felt like Jesus really,really understood me.

Two years ago, while I was at college.. I was very down. It wasn't clinical depression but if anyone asked me, I would say 'depressed'. I remember one evening walking past the campus newsagent..and I just had to stop and sit down on the steps. I felt like I was going to lose my mind! Seriously. I had never felt that way before. It scared me big time. I sensed that it was the work of the Evil one and I was freaked out.

Later, I went to a healing and deliverance thingy I heard on the Christian radio. On the first night, nothing happened. I wasn't ministered to really. The second night, this guy prayed for me and he had the gift of knowledge. He said things which only God could know and which have since changed my life -spiritual life as well.

Remember, God LOVES you and His life-changing power is available to you. Why? Because you are His precious child. Worry not. You are much loved by the Almighty God who is the boss of all universe, and you are in my prayers as well.

'When I am afraid, I will trust in You' - Psalm 56:3

'Be strong and courageous for the Lord your God is with you always' - Joshua 1:9

'For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper and not go harm you, plans to give you a FUTURE and a HOPE.'

hugs,
Chris

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.