• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Depression Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restoredsoul

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
UK
✟24,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tsuriyel said:
:sigh: im feeling overwhelmed :cry:

Hey hun :hug:
I felt a bit like that last night - i was at home grp and i couldn't pray was just too low - i could just say please help me God - i was so tired when i got up but my day has been ok, things aren't so bad.

It's ok to have low points and feel it's all too much - just take a time out to reassess your situation. Take the time to find God in these times and to cling to him :)

He will renew our strength and we will soar like eagles...

Rs xxx

Upvote 0

Rhylla

Apr 12, 2006
✟7,905.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i went to my son's parents evening!!!

now that might not seem a lot, but i wasnt able to face going last year, i made my hubby go on his own. i couldn't face the problems i knew he (my son) was having. i was terrified i'd come home and take out all my guilt and frustration and anger with myself on him. So i stayed home (typically, he had a good report!!!)
ive avoided scool meetings and phone calls, and my hubby has had to do the lot.

But yesterday i went! and i thought i was going to be on my own for a while, but i still did it. im so proud of myself (also still struggling with the guilt i still feel about not having been supportive)

i didnt have a panic attack on the bus and i didn't burst into tears .... well actually i didnt when any negative comments about my son were made, but his tech teacher almost had me sobbing with how kind, and considerate, and just plain caring he has been. even writing this is making me tearful.

He isnt doing too badly at all :) not bad for a 13 yr old kid, who has his own problems and whose mum was either yelling at him or burying her head in the sand for the last couple of years!

-Rhylla-

Upvote 0

AnointedPoetess

Jun 29, 2004
The Land of 10,000 Lakes
✟23,314.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hi guys, its been a while since ive been here but i could REALLY use some support especially right now. I want to go to a place called mercy ministries but im terrified and i cant get over it along enough to fill out the rest of the app.. idk what to do but im loosing hope fast.. im feeling really depressed, nervous and hopeless right now.. :sigh: :cry:

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug:s everyone. I'm sorry that I'm not going to be much for support tonight, as things are going rubbishy my end too. But... praying for you all.

Really suicidal tonight.
I'm back to this mental place again. Welcome back, April.
I want to go back to hos. I want to hurt myself so badly that I go back.

:|

Upvote 0

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug: RS, Rhylla, Crystal, Katy.

Crystal, I think Mercy Ministries is a good idea. :hug: Go for it. It might help you, and getting help is very important when you're feeling desperate.

:hug: Katy, I love you too. You rock. :) I hope things were ok last night.

How is everyone doing today?

Upvote 0

newyorknewyork

Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rhylla said:
i went to my son's parents evening!!!

now that might not seem a lot, but i wasnt able to face going last year, i made my hubby go on his own. i couldn't face the problems i knew he (my son) was having. i was terrified i'd come home and take out all my guilt and frustration and anger with myself on him. So i stayed home (typically, he had a good report!!!)
ive avoided scool meetings and phone calls, and my hubby has had to do the lot.

But yesterday i went! and i thought i was going to be on my own for a while, but i still did it. im so proud of myself (also still struggling with the guilt i still feel about not having been supportive)

i didnt have a panic attack on the bus and i didn't burst into tears .... well actually i didnt when any negative comments about my son were made, but his tech teacher almost had me sobbing with how kind, and considerate, and just plain caring he has been. even writing this is making me tearful.

He isnt doing too badly at all :) not bad for a 13 yr old kid, who has his own problems and whose mum was either yelling at him or burying her head in the sand for the last couple of years!

-Rhylla-

Praise the Lord!!! :clap: thats wonderful news that you were able to go to the parent evening at your son's school and all went well!! good on you!! :thumbsup: :hug:

Upvote 0

newyorknewyork

Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Soulwings said:
:hug:s everyone. I'm sorry that I'm not going to be much for support tonight, as things are going rubbishy my end too. But... praying for you all.

Really suicidal tonight.

soulwings, please tell me you are ok. April, don't do it!! :eek: :hug: :prayer: Jesus please help April right now. Amen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

newyorknewyork

Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
AnointedPoetess said:
Hi guys, its been a while since ive been here but i could REALLY use some support especially right now. I want to go to a place called mercy ministries but im terrified and i cant get over it along enough to fill out the rest of the app.. idk what to do but im loosing hope fast.. im feeling really depressed, nervous and hopeless right now.. :sigh: :cry:

hi, what's mercy ministries? perhaps you could share with us all what that is and others might benefit from it too :hug:

how are you feeling today? what's getting you down? i hope you feel better soon! trying to reach out for help (mercy ministries) is a great idea!!! do it!!! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Restoredsoul

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
UK
✟24,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Soulwings said:

Really suicidal tonight.

hey hun,
you are such a beautiful person and so encouraging to others - it is amazing that you are praying for us even when you're low.

I pray that the Holy Spirit will minister to you right now, that you wil be reminded you are a princess and that God will hold you in his arms.

Rs xxx

Upvote 0

Restoredsoul

Senior Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
UK
✟24,765.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tsuriyel said:
restoredsoul, you are so encouraging!! thank you for what you said!! :hug: you're awesome!! :)

I have been given the gift of encouragement and i will use it all i can. I am so grateful that i can help you all out by my words - God is awesome in power and can do great things through us all if we let him.
:hug: :hug: :hug:
Rs xxx

Upvote 0

luvnJesus721

Apr 29, 2006
✟7,613.00
Faith
Baptist
Hi Guys... I was looking online for Christians dealing with depression and it brought me here. I'm 23 and I've been battling depression for about 2 months now. At first, I didn't know what it was b/c I had never physically felt like I did. I was always the happy fun loving person everybody liked but on the inside I felt like I was dying.

If it weren't for God and knowing that God has a plan for me, I don't know where I would be right now. For me, it's really hard in the mornings to get up b/c that's when I feel the worst, but once I get going I feel much better. I'm just tired of waking up feeling like that day after day. I don't remember what it feels like anymore, not feeling bad. Only my parents and close friends know how bad I feel and they have been really supportive. I'm so thankful for their prayers. I don't know how long this will last ( I pray not too much longer ) but no matter what happens - God is always in control and He knows what is in store for me!

I'm sorry I just went on and on. I just need to type what I was thinking. The many stories I've seen on this board are so helpful b/c I know now that I am not alone. That's how I felt in the beginning b/c I didn't know anybody who had really been depressed so I was afraid to say anything. So Thank You and God Bless :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

She

Apr 23, 2006
✟8,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I'm a bit depressed today too. Mainly because of the off-hand way in which my brothers treat me.
:(
And also because some maniac tried to knock me down yesterday when I was pushing my toddler in his pushchair. (This happened after I spoke to someone on the telephone about National Train Times. This person spoke to be very aggressively. He was European and could not speak English properly so he took it out on me and became very aggressive and rude and was shouting down the phone. I felt very threatened.)
:cry:
I live in a dangerous, crime-ridden neighbourhood but I cannot do anything to help myself. I have a handicapped child and a husband who will not work. I am also getting old. I have an under-active thyroid and I feel tired and old all the time. I feel quite depressed about it.
:sigh:

Upvote 0

newyorknewyork

Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
luvnJesus721 said:
Hi Guys... I was looking online for Christians dealing with depression and it brought me here. I'm 23 and I've been battling depression for about 2 months now. At first, I didn't know what it was b/c I had never physically felt like I did. I was always the happy fun loving person everybody liked but on the inside I felt like I was dying.

If it weren't for God and knowing that God has a plan for me, I don't know where I would be right now. For me, it's really hard in the mornings to get up b/c that's when I feel the worst, but once I get going I feel much better. I'm just tired of waking up feeling like that day after day. I don't remember what it feels like anymore, not feeling bad. Only my parents and close friends know how bad I feel and they have been really supportive. I'm so thankful for their prayers. I don't know how long this will last ( I pray not too much longer ) but no matter what happens - God is always in control and He knows what is in store for me!

I'm sorry I just went on and on. I just need to type what I was thinking. The many stories I've seen on this board are so helpful b/c I know now that I am not alone. That's how I felt in the beginning b/c I didn't know anybody who had really been depressed so I was afraid to say anything. So Thank You and God Bless :)

welcome to this website and welcome to this thread!! :hug: There are a lot of wonderful encouraging people on this thread who can relate to you! Thanks for sharing your story and I really hope God heals you soon.. take care! :hug: tsuriyel

Upvote 0

newyorknewyork

Oct 29, 2005
new york
✟24,565.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
She said:
I'm a bit depressed today too. Mainly because of the off-hand way in which my brothers treat me.
:(
And also because some maniac tried to knock me down yesterday when I was pushing my toddler in his pushchair. (This happened after I spoke to someone on the telephone about National Train Times. This person spoke to be very aggressively. He was European and could not speak English properly so he took it out on me and became very aggressive and rude and was shouting down the phone. I felt very threatened.)

I live in a dangerous, crime-ridden neighbourhood but I cannot do anything to help myself. I have a handicapped child and a husband who will not work. I am also getting old. I have an under-active thyroid and I feel tired and old all the time. I feel quite depressed about it.

I'm so sorry to hear how you are feeling right now... and what has recently happened to you :hug:
I hope that in this thread you will find lots of support and encouragement as you progress on your journey toward wholeness. :hug: Do u have family members nearby who can help you? - tsuriyel :hug:

Upvote 0

Eponine

Not. One. More.
Mar 28, 2005
Brunswick, Maine
✟21,308.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*Sighs* Losing one's voice has added to one's already existing depression issues. Today is the 9th day since I lost it and my singing voice still isn't well, though my speaking voice is fine and has been for a few days.

Upvote 0

AnointedPoetess

Jun 29, 2004
The Land of 10,000 Lakes
✟23,314.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
tsuriyel said:
hi, what's mercy ministries? perhaps you could share with us all what that is and others might benefit from it too :hug:

how are you feeling today? what's getting you down? i hope you feel better soon! trying to reach out for help (mercy ministries) is a great idea!!! do it!!! :thumbsup:
Mercy is a free christian residental program that helps girls and young woman from ages 13 to 28 with all types of issues.. heres the website.. www.mercyministries.com im feeling really depressed and torn even more now than before.. :sigh:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.