Depression from a spirit filled & bible truth perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToBeBlessed

I already said that God helps me, he may not completely take it away but he helps me manage it, so that must take faith i think, it takes faith in what the scriptures teach me. I believe paul's words and i follow his instructions because i have faith in it. David said that God helped him, and so i think God helped me. That's faith in action. Look at Davids words, i get the sense that he was dependent on God daily. That's how i live too. It took me a while to learn this though, but the apostles do teach us that we must have patience, and that we must grow which takes time. Why would i want to cast doubt and fear along with frustration on someone who struggles like i do? I know that time is needed, and patience, and understanding by others. Cant you at least try to understand that you may be wrong about How God helps people?

Psalm 28:6 Blessed be the Lord,
Because He has heard the voice of my supplications!
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart greatly rejoices,
And with my song I will praise Him.
8 The Lord is their strength,[a]
And He is the saving refuge of His anointed.
9 Save Your people,
And bless Your inheritance;
Shepherd them also,
And bear them up forever.

Don't let it shake you. *big hug*

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the truth is .. the Word of God

we have it for admonition and instruction in righteousness .
when we believe in Him and apply his word ..persevering in doing so .we will come to know the outworking of it in our lives .

i encourage any one, to avoid being over come by a spirit of heaviness (it's not that folks dont get them..but to avoid being over come and instead to be an over-comer ) to Stand on the promises of God fully placing our faith in the Lord Jesus to do all he has promised to do. and do not be distracted from doing so by the enemy of our souls .
for the lord is faith ful and his word is true .

Blessed (happy) is the man who trusts in the Lord .

what ever condition we may have stumbled ourselves into .. the lord JESUS is the answer and the one who ,with certainty ,can lift us out and restore us .

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

when we believe in Him and apply his word ..persevering in doing so .we will come to know the outworking of it in our lives .

i encourage any one, to avoid being over come by a spirit of heaviness (it's not that folks dont get them..but to avoid being over come and instead to be an over-comer ) to Stand on the promises of God fully placing our faith in the Lord Jesus to do all he has promised to do. and do not be distracted from doing so by the enemy of our souls .

what ever condition we may have stumbled ourselves into .. the lord JESUS is the answer and the one who ,with certainty ,can lift us out and restore us .

Cant argue with that.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i speak in this post from the perspective of being "spirit filled " as one who knows as well as believes that we are in a war and tat war has angels and demons the power of the lords presence and the presence of all manner of wickedness at work in the children of disobedience .

Depression from a spirit filled & bible truth perspective
NO WORLD allowed .

I have noticed a phenomenon over the last 2 decades that has saturated even into the fabric of the church .and saturated it deeply .

it involves this odd thing the "world "calls depression .
and now the churches too often seem to accept it as "a medical issue "
one which millions (even from the church ) go to "worldly councilors for .
a condition that is imprinted upon peoples minds by the world and then profited from by the selling of untold millions of dollars for drugs which have "never " healed any one but only numbed the symptom and increased the likelihood of a dependency on those drugs (which leads to more profits $$)and ...

the odd thing is .. when we look at the worlds definition of "depression" we see everything opposite to what the lord JESUS offers us .and thus we must realize that to deal with this the worlds way .., is to get it absolutely wrong .

ie - depression
dɪˈprɛʃ(ə)n/Submit
noun
feelings of severe despondency and dejection.
"self-doubt creeps in and that swiftly turns to depression"
synonyms: melancholy, misery, sadness, unhappiness, sorrow, woe, gloom, gloominess, dejection, downheartedness, despondency, dispiritedness, low spirits, heavy-heartedness, moroseness, discouragement, despair, desolation, dolefulness, moodiness, pessimism, hopelessness;

All of the above describes a person without the LORD JESUS as lord in their life and without the active present power of the Holy Spirit .

Now, some, may leap in a defensive manner at such a bold statement (and boy have they ever ).but i find zero scriptures where we are told having the power of the promised holy Spirit will cause us the symptoms described above in the "worlds" definition fo depression .

We need to look at the situation of depression from the aspect of Truth .,being , the lord JESUS, as lord of our lives hearts and minds .

His word is true
His word is faithful .
if we act on it ,according to it ,we will have the end result of what is promised in it .
if it is not so ..then none of us are saved and we are all in great woe . but we are NOT in great woe ..for his word IS true and in him we ARE saved .

thus i conclude that depression has no place or part with me ,for i am IN Christ Jesus.
And greater is he that is in me then he that is in the world .

no one becomes a state of what the "world " calls depression suddenly .. there is always a process that leads to it overtaking inundating overwhelming a person .for a Christian to get into such a state ,sadly they must follow a sorrowful path of ignoring the word of god and choosing to not plant their faith firmly IN God .

look again at that worldly definition ..
"self doubt " -this in itself is erroneous, as the believer must have "faith in God via belief.. ,to fall into doubting is simply falling into unbelief .

if that sounds harsh , and it does ,then take another look at the the definitions of depression and you will see i put one word in bold .
"Despair" - this is defined as "a complete lose of hope .
Now ,align that to the word of god and you will find NO one who has their faith in the lord Jesus can be without hope ..,to lose all hope one must become blinded to true faith in the lord Jesus .
so how does one become so blinded to faith that they fall into despair within the blinds of what the world calls depression?
that- is a demonic work of oppressive evil spirits and time to cast off unbelief and realize that it is JESUS that people need to return to and that HE is the deliverer .
How do such mischievous spirits grasp hold of the minds of even the redeemed? one way is through our complacency , we allow our mood to rule us ,even entertain it .we cant be bothered searching the bible and knowing it , that we might apply what is written there in .so the enemy has a field day , we become as a soldier naked in a battle field - had we applied the armor of god ,we would not find ourselves so vulnerable to what amounts to school yard spiritual bullies around our feet .

And worse ..had we applied the armor of god we would not be so disarmed as to watch our fellow believers fall prey to such attacks .. because while most people are busy reading about the Armour in relation to "SELF" they miss the truth that he goes on to say ..we get clothed in the Armour ..that we may be -Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;..it not about "YOU" .

it is sometimes unpleasant to be a person who makes the absolute statements . but there are times ...,sometimes after some wonderful prayer meetings .., that i wake and for no obvious reason i begin to feel despondent and "down" as we call it . but its written that we are not unaware of the wiles of the enemy ... so i recognize such a state of mind is not in agreement with the word of god and i tell that devil in no uncertain terms the truth of the mater as written in the world of God and within moments that "feeling " (which in truth is that evil spirit) flees from me .

any believer in the lord Jesus ,so doing ,as an act of faith ,will in no wise fall victim to the wiles of the enemy and find themselves in slough of despondency (a loose reference to "A pilgrims progress" by John Bunyan)

To get there we must follow a path that is not the path of faith and belief.
But the lord is gracious and ever merciful and desires that no one remain in such a state .., for any who call upon the lord believing in their heart shall be saved .. and there is no demon that can resist his true word .
Jesus is ,was and always will be ,the sure answer and the certain deliverer from demonic oppression .
though he may reveal its means of grip upon us , be it an unforgiving heart or ,pride (which is the source of self pity AND an unforgiving heart) or a myriad of other things from pains to fears to SIN which poisons and works death in our body and so calls us to relinquish those things to the power of the cross and thus remove the devils Jugs,Incuts,Slopers,Pinches,Crimps and Chips*, by which he maintains a grip upon our lives ..and with these removed he falls from us as a snake from a marbled wall .

in truth a return to belief .. a repentance from unbelief and a reestablishing of faith in Gods immeasurable power and truth in his word ..is the way out of depression for it is the way into CHRIST and HE is the door to life promising the believer that he has come that we might have LIFE and that ,ABUNDANTLY .
--------------------------------------

* a reference to the names of the differing holds and grips in indoor rockclimbing

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have already said this once but it is worth repeating:

To be perfectly honest, the two groups in this thread are seperated by one common theme...

One group believes in the occurance of gifts and thrir operation in normal Christianity...

The other seems to disagree and as a consequence place a premium on medicines and human intervention.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

To be perfectly honest, the two groups in this thread are seperated by one common theme...

One group believes in the occurance of gifts and thrir operation in normal Christianity...

The other seems to disagree and as a consequence place a premium on medicines and human intervention.

Why don't you start your own thread for your critique?

It has nothing to do with this thread.

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I see it in the opposite manner. One group places the wrong value on gifts and they may not understand how and why they are given. While the other group may or may not believe in gifts, its not clear to me if they do or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
to get it back on topic of course .

It never got off topic did it? These discussion are meant to explore the different dimensions of a topic aren't they? Sometimes they intersect with other topics but that how the bible seems to work as well so it seems likely to happen. If we discuss things without exploring every detail of its structure then how will we fully understand it?

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

This is border-line flaming and goading. Walk in love. Walk in love.

Reactions: Frogster
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder. Is the fire Dept humanism as well? How about insurance? I wonder if House insurance is humanism.

I hear ya loud-n-clear bro!:thumbsup:

There is a double standard around, that we are not going to be in.:)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It is very comforting.

Yup, and Paul said to said he was an example all showing that he knew even in his weakness, he was an example, some people hate weakness, but that means they don't have grace and a harsh spirit sets in to replace the grace.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I am not surprised that the main ones in the forum that have spoken against signs and wonders are the ones most ardently for medical treatments for depression in this thread. Is it a coincidence that the lack of faith for gifts or signs coincides with a lack of healing?

Something to ponder

who?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
It would be interesting to get a response to this question. I think that we should use faith for things that Paul actually commands and urges us to follow. Paul never commands that we live in perfect health. Matter of fact he says that exercise doesn't profit much but Godliness does. When paul urges Timothy to fight the good fight of faith he doesn't urge him to seek physical fitness or physical healing. I really feel in my heart that healing isnt what faith is about. I think its about seeking heaven where there is no need for such things. That is the essence of faith and walking in it. We should not allow our focus to get off of those things, no matter if we suffer or not. THe parable of the sower teaches us that the cares of this life can cause us to fall away, and so if im not healed then i cannot fall away but i must persevere instead. That's what we should be encouraging each other to do. But somehow we get sidetracked by preachers who teach us to sow financial seeds to reap financial rewards, and they promise healing and all manner of blessings, but they fail to prepare us for hardship. In my humble and fallible opinion i think they are leading people astray.

yup, 1 Cor 15, "if we are just about this life, we are to be pitied" said paul.

Those in heb 11 did not all attain in this life, not even Abraham, he was in the land, but knew there was a better city.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

the word? the word says even though the Philippians had faith they were called to suffer in 1:29, and Peter said in 1 Peter 2:21, that we suffer as Jesus did, the WORD SAYS THAT..too..

Should diabetics go off their meds today?

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Did Paul use human intervention and go natural and call his roman citizenship into play in Acts 22 which gave him natural law protection, and earthly special rights as a Roman citizen?

Did he have Luke the doctor with him?

Again, have a little wine, use medicine Tim!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the word? the word says even though the Philippians had faith they were called to suffer in 1:29, and Peter said in 1 Peter 2:21, that we suffer as Jesus did, the WORD SAYS THAT..too..

Should diabetics go off their meds today?

to what ends will,you go in silencing the promotion of faith in the lord Jesus .
Perhaps you do not believe he is able .. but i know he is .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.