Not open for further replies.

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
no, the topic of why some posters are focused on this or that is not the topic of this thread .
the topic of this thread is that God wills to and can bring anyone out of the deepest sorrow and fufill his promise to give us LIFE and that abundantly .. for the lord Jesus said it is why he came ..
and he gives us this awsome HOPE that "if we believe .. all things are possible .
Hs word is faiuthful and true .. believe it, apply it,abide in him and see .
Hos word will save you . and keep you from falling into the proverbial slough of despair

and if you have fallen in already.. his word (JESUS ) is more then able to lift you out and set your feet back upon solid ground .

Hey, i didnt start the discussion on the "focusing" thing, it just became part of the discussion. I suspect that if we go back we might see that people on both sides of this discussion are equally involved in it. I try to say in the middle because thats where i find my beliefs. I shared my testimony of how Christ helped me by following the examples in Scripture. I am not using any drugs, i never seen a doctor, i used faith, perseverance, and the scriptures guided me in hope and direction. However im not going to condemn anyone who uses drugs either, im not sure that they are bad, but for me personally i couldnt use them because i couldnt go to the doctor. I was forced to walk in faith. But im not healed, im helped. THe path of faith i follow keeps me from the pit of depression, but if i gave up on that path i would find myself back there again. So i know that i need to keep walking this path. I feel joy and so i know that its right. I do however have my battles, but experience along with guidance from scripture has taught me how to manage it, and i suppose prayer has been a blessing too. I think that i use spiritual warfare to manage it, and that is biblical.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I personally am saddened that this thread as gone off topic

Also I see all the comments about depression as helpless.

The Gospel of Jesus brings hope and encouragement this is what we should be sharing not a message of despair.

That's your opinion. There has been much testimony from believers with clinical depression that that surprises me.

Despair is an emotion that many people even those in the bible felt. To not discuss the whole bible and to dismiss parts of it would not be learning what God intents for us to learn.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
why this insistence on saying people have said some don't have faith..? or saying people are condemning those who do meds ?.. no one has or is doing that ..its no more then a distraction.

the truth is .. whatever state we get into . the lord JESUS is able to get us out of it again be it chronic depression or prescription drug addiction.. God is able so take heart ..be of good cheer .. God is able ..nothing is impossible with him . take hold of him and do not let go .persevere and abide in him.. for this is the word of the lord to us .
we have got to stop listening to the spirit of this world .. it lies .
and to add to encouragement i re post this ...

do not be distracted by one misquoted out of context verse about wine for a stomach ache ...
look to the word of god and be overwhelmed with Hope ..put your faith in HIS word..grasp a hold and do not let go .but persevere,, for whatever state you are in..

you deliverer Comes
-ONLY BELIEVE-

Psalm 34:17
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Psalm 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

James 5:16 esv
Therefore, confess your sins(faults ,failings weaknesses) to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Galatians 5:1
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

John 8:32
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

2 Peter 2:9
Then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials.............

John 15:7
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Psalm 40:17
As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!

Matthew 10:1
And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.

Psalm 40:9-10
I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; behold, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O Lord. I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart; I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation.

--such words of hope and faithfulness go on and on and on .. the lord is YES and AMEN.

take heart ,be of good cheer .for if the lord is with you ,who can be against you .

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
why this insistence on saying people have said some don't have faith..? or saying people are condemning those who do meds ?.. no one has or is doing that ..its no more then a distraction.

the truth is .. whatever state we get into . the lord JESUS is able to get us out of it again be it chronic depression or prescription drug addiction.. God is able so take heart ..be of good cheer .. God is able ..nothing is impossible with him . take hold of him and do not let go .persevere and abide in him.. for this is the word of the lord to us .

I use to be addicted to certain controlled substances but i have since then got away from that addiction and it was difficult. If someone suggests that taking meds for depression is not faith then isnt that the same as condemning them?

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

threads do that :( ..but .. lets bring it back on topic :)..

i share now the words of a man of God one cannot ignore without some considerable effort ..

" The greatest weakness in the world is unbelief. The greatest power is the faith that worketh by love. Love, mercy, and grace are bound eternally to faith. There is no fear in love and no question as to being caught up when Jesus comes. The world is filled with fear, torment, remorse, and brokenness, but faith and love are sure to overcome. “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1 John 5:5). God hath established the earth and humanity on the lines of faith. As you come into line, fear is cast out, the Word of God comes into operation and you find bedrock. The way to overcome is to believe Jesus is the Son of God. The commandments are wrapped up in it.

When there is a fidelity between you and God and the love of God is so real that you feel you could do anything for Jesus, all the promises are yea and amen to those who believe. Your life is centred there. Always overcoming what is in the world.

Who keepeth the commandments? The born of God. “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). They that believe, love. When did He love us? When we were in the mire. What did He say? Thy sins are forgiven thee. Why did He say it? Because He loved us. What for? That He might bring many sons into glory. His object? That we might be with Him forever. All the pathway is an education for this high vocation and calling. This hidden mystery of love to us, the undeserving! For our sins the double blessing. “...whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory...even our faith” (1 John 5:4). He who believeth — to believe is to overcome. On the way to Emmaus Jesus, beginning from Moses and all the prophets, interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself (Luke 24:27). He is the root! In Him is life. When we receive Christ, we receive God and the promises (Galatians 3:29), that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. I am heir to all the promises because I believe. A great heirship! I overcome because I believe the truth. The truth makes me free. " - Smith wigglesworth
-

That is wonderful.

However, in this thread the OP and title specifically discuss 'depression'.

Depression when it is clinical is a physician diagnosed medical problem. When one Christian can judge another on faith or any other criteria as a way to treat a medical prognosis, I think the believer has gone past any teaching or care for another and moved into an area of judgment.

As the OP themself has been the one to bring medication and doctors into the conversation, now the conversation includes that as a talking point.

How can one Christian judge another's faith or relationship with God when the person is taking care of themselves or their family''s medical needs. All our decisions include faith, but the testimony of many has been that the Lord has chosen not to heal?

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

threads do that :( ..but .. lets bring it back on topic :)..

i share now the words of a man of God one cannot ignore without some considerable effort ..

" The greatest weakness in the world is unbelief. The greatest power is the faith that worketh by love. Love, mercy, and grace are bound eternally to faith. There is no fear in love and no question as to being caught up when Jesus comes. The world is filled with fear, torment, remorse, and brokenness, but faith and love are sure to overcome. “Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?” (1 John 5:5). God hath established the earth and humanity on the lines of faith. As you come into line, fear is cast out, the Word of God comes into operation and you find bedrock. The way to overcome is to believe Jesus is the Son of God. The commandments are wrapped up in it.

When there is a fidelity between you and God and the love of God is so real that you feel you could do anything for Jesus, all the promises are yea and amen to those who believe. Your life is centred there. Always overcoming what is in the world.

Who keepeth the commandments? The born of God. “Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world” (1 John 4:4). They that believe, love. When did He love us? When we were in the mire. What did He say? Thy sins are forgiven thee. Why did He say it? Because He loved us. What for? That He might bring many sons into glory. His object? That we might be with Him forever. All the pathway is an education for this high vocation and calling. This hidden mystery of love to us, the undeserving! For our sins the double blessing. “...whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory...even our faith” (1 John 5:4). He who believeth — to believe is to overcome. On the way to Emmaus Jesus, beginning from Moses and all the prophets, interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself (Luke 24:27). He is the root! In Him is life. When we receive Christ, we receive God and the promises (Galatians 3:29), that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. I am heir to all the promises because I believe. A great heirship! I overcome because I believe the truth. The truth makes me free. " - Smith wigglesworth
-

That is wonderful.

However, in this thread the OP and title specifically discuss 'depression'.

Depression when it is clinical is a physician diagnosed medical problem. When one Christian can judge another on faith or any other criteria as a way to treat a medical prognosis, I think the believer has gone past any teaching or care for another and moved into an area of judgment.

As the OP themself has been the one to bring medication and doctors into the conversation, now the conversation includes that as a talking point.

How can one Christian judge another's faith or relationship with God when the person is taking care of themselves or their family''s medical needs. All our decisions include faith, but the testimony of many has been that the Lord has chosen not to heal?

There is just no solid ground that one can stand on on this topic in it's defense.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I use to be addicted to certain controlled substances but i have since then got away from that addiction and it was difficult. If someone suggests that taking meds for depression is not faith then isnt that the same as condemning them?

Yes it is.

The Word plainly states that no one but God knows the contents of anyone else's heart.

We are to look to the fruit of the spirit when we look at each other.

Judgement has no place between one believer and another believer.

It is in the Word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All our decisions include faith, but the testimony of many has been that the Lord has chosen not to heal?

There is just no solid ground that one can stand on on this topic in it's defense.

Maybe you're referring specifically to the lack of faith thing that seems to be a focus in this discussion. Im not sure, but i myself did suggest that God can choose not to heal someone, but i wasnt suggesting that it was due to weak faith. Just so i can help readers understand my understanding better let me explain. God chooses to make one man rich but another poor. The poor are chosen to be rich in faith according to james. But are all rich people faithless? Perhaps not if they use their money to help others rather than feed worldly lusts. Why does God make one person suffer retardation while other are blessed with extra ordinary intelligence? Why is one person ugly and another beautiful? Why are some people born without arms or legs while others are blessed with extraordinary athletic ability? Perhaps God chooses his way for good reason and we dont always know why. We cannot say that the genius is good or evil based solely on his intellect. We cannot say that the person who was born with less intelligence is good or evil based solely on that criteria. We also cannot say one person lacks faith based solely on health, wealth, intelligence or based on whether they are born blind or without arms or legs. Why does God not heal people born without legs? Do they lack faith? Are they evil?

My point? If i am healed them i healed, but if not then im not. I'm still Gods creation and He will love me if he chooses and he doesn't look at outward appearances, He looks at the heart.

I want to see a faith healer heal someone who was born without legs. Do that and i'll admit that my understanding is wrong. But now you see why i think the way i do. I consider all things and i draw a logical conclusion based on scripture and creation.

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes it is.

The Word plainly states that no one but God knows the contents of anyone else's heart.

We are to look to the fruit of the spirit when we look at each other.

Judgement has no place between one believer and another believer.

It is in the Word.

I also feel lead to believe the same as you. I just feel lead that way. I use to be more judgmental but suffering has opened my eyes to few things. But i prayed for that too, so praise the Lord for opening my eyes.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

again.. no one has .its just a distraction to bring it up .

i was an Unprescribed meth addict,the knowledge of god kept me from being suicidel ... God set me free .in a single moment . there is fullnes of Hope in him .why would i judge other when in some instance i was worse then they . so we can drop the judgment angle .

consider carefully what we share .. i will maintain and continue to share that the Lord JESUS is the sure way out of chronic depression and the sure hope of salvation ...
i think it would be a travesty of his truth to cause any to doubt that , because it means to doubt the absolute truth of who the lord JESUS is .

there is hope in him for all and any .. who will but believe

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
T

ToBeBlessed

Maybe you're referring specifically to the lack of faith thing that seems to be a focus in this discussion. Im not sure, but i myself did suggest that God can choose not to heal someone, but i wasnt suggesting that it was due to weak faith. Just so i can help readers understand my understanding better let me explain. God chooses to make one man rich but another poor. The poor are chosen to be rich in faith according to james. But are all rich people faithless? Perhaps not if they use their money to help others rather than feed worldly lusts. Why does God make one person suffer retardation while other are blessed with extra ordinary intelligence? Why is one person ugly and another beautiful? Why are some people born without arms or legs while others are blessed with extraordinary athletic ability? Perhaps God chooses his way for good reason and we dont always know why. We cannot say that the genius is good or evil based solely on his intellect. We cannot say that the person who was born with less intelligence is good or evil based solely on that criteria. We also cannot say one person lacks faith based solely on health, wealth, intelligence or based on whether they are born blind or without arms or legs. Why does God not heal people born without legs? Do they lack faith? Are they evil?

My point? If i am healed them i healed, but if not then im not. I'm still Gods creation and He will love me if he chooses and he doesn't look at outward appearances, He looks at the heart.

I want to see a faith healer heal someone who was born without legs. Do that and i'll admit that my understanding is wrong. But now you see why i think the way i do. I consider all things and i draw a logical conclusion based on scripture and creation.

I'm speaking about faith in general terms. I would never use the lack of faith terminology that some have chosen to use. I don't think we can judge another believer. That's the Lord's place, not mine.

The Lord chooses who He will heal.

Now those who call themselves 'faith healers' that's a whole nother subject that I will not comment on because I do not want to dereail the OP's thread.

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
again.. no one has .its just a distraction to bring it up .

i was an Unprescribed meth addict,the knowledge of god kept me from being suicidel ... God set me free .in a single moment . there is fullnes of Hope in him .why would i judge other when in some instance i was worse then they . so we can drop the judgment angle .

consider carefully what we share .. i will maintain and continue to share that the Lord JESUS is the sure way out of chronic depression and the sure hope of salvation ...
i think it would be a travesty of his truth to cause any to doubt that , because it means to doubt the absolute truth of who the lord JESUS is .

there is hope in him for all and any .. who will but believe

Believe me when i say that i am not trying to distract or divert attention, im not using any angle. Im sincerely trying to seek the truth, the whole truth and nothing but that. Perhaps its just the nature of debate and online communication via text. Maybe we are just misunderstanding each other a little.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

I also feel lead to believe the same as you. I just feel lead that way. I use to be more judgmental but suffering has opened my eyes to few things. But i prayed for that too, so praise the Lord for opening my eyes.

The Lord is sanctifying your heart to love and compassion. That is truly wonderful! Love and compassion make us so much more like Christ than other attributes.

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm speaking about faith in general terms. I would never use the lack of faith terminology that some have chosen to use. I don't think we can judge another believer. That's the Lord's place, not mine.

Now those who call themselves 'faith healers' that's a whole nother subject that I will not comment on because I do not want to dereail the OP's thread.

Sounds good. I understood your viewpoint, thanks for clarifying though. :)

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

bit late .. the two of you have done little else but bring up accusations of people sayng others have little faith or no faith ,, and now accusation of people condemning people .?. yet NO ONE has said those things .. no one has condemned any one .. Im only saying there is a better way, a sure way . IT IS JESUS .

-and umpteen posts later you decide you don't want to derail the thread ? get on the right track or hop off the train .your riding to a different station .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Originally Posted by Alithis View Post
do not be distracted by one misquoted out of context verse about wine for a stomach ache ...
look to the word of god and be overwhelmed with Hope ..put your faith in HIS word..grasp a hold and do not let go .but persevere,, for whatever state you are in..

you deliverer Comes
-ONLY BELIEVE-

Psalm 34:17
When the righteous cry for help, the Lord hears and delivers them out of all their troubles.

Psalm 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

Psalm 34:4
I sought the Lord, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.

James 5:16 esv
Therefore, confess your sins(faults ,failings weaknesses) to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working.

Galatians 5:1
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery.

John 8:32
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

2 Peter 2:9
Then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials.............

John 15:7
If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

Psalm 40:17
As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God!

Matthew 10:1
And he called to him his twelve disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal every disease and every affliction.

Psalm 40:9-10
I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great congregation; behold, I have not restrained my lips, as you know, O Lord. I have not hidden your deliverance within my heart; I have spoken of your faithfulness and your salvation; I have not concealed your steadfast love and your faithfulness from the great congregation.

--such words of hope and faithfulness go on and on and on .. the lord is YES and AMEN.

take heart ,be of good cheer .for if the lord is with you ,who can be against you .

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

bit late .. the two of you have done little else but bring up accusations of people sayng others have little faith or no faith ,, and now accusation of people condemning people .?. yet NO ONE has said those things .. no one has condemned any one .. Im only saying there is a better way, a sure way . IT IS JESUS .

-and umpteen posts later you decide you don't want to derail the thread ? get on the right track or hop off the train .your riding to a different station .

Don't the accusations above, clearly break the new rules of CF flaming and goading?

I think moderators would see that this is a personal accusation of me.

I'm not going to report it. I hope that this behavior does NOT continue. :wave:

Upvote 0

Souldier

Mar 30, 2015
✟2,955.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lord is sanctifying your heart to love and compassion. That is truly wonderful! Love and compassion make us so much more like Christ than other attributes.

I feel great joy when i think about love and gentleness, it is like a flood of Joy. And i feel a little sad when i see my limitations. I want to be what i see is precious to God. Perhaps he put that in me. Its a source of strength too i think. This may sound silly but i was watching Kung Fu, that old TV show from the 70's or 80's. I look at Cain and his gentleness and humble meekness and i want to be like that, but i am so far from being that. BUt i am joyful to have that dream in me and to have the desire to go that way. To me it does seem like a huge blessing from God. I just dont know how to describe it, buts its lovely. I use to have feelings inside that were very contrary to that so i take it as avast improvement on my heart. God does change us, he does work in us.

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

That is lack of faith that He will heal everyone who wants to. That's not judging, just reading and concluding you believe another doctrine.

I believe that when we pray in truth that "thy will be done" that we are giving the Lord permission to do His will in our lives. He gives us the freedom to follow Him and to choose. I believe that I give back to Him my agreement in whatever You will Father.

I am giving God the glory and letting His will be done. If you see that as a lack of faith, that is fine. It is what I believe and I have peace with it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.