Depressing followup to "America...post-Christian" thread

RKO

Oct 27, 2011
✟41,071.00
Faith
Catholic
It appears that the topic has drifted on that thread, so I thought I would start this one to ask you a question:
I agree that most of the west is "post Christian." My question is, what parts of the world could be considered a "Christian nation" now? It seems there aren't many. Are we like the Jews who were in world wide diaspora for so many years? It's not a good proposition...

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It appears that the topic has drifted on that thread, so I thought I would start this one to ask you a question:
I agree that most of the west is "post Christian." My question is, what parts of the world could be considered a "Christian nation" now? It seems there aren't many. Are we like the Jews who were in world wide diaspora for so many years? It's not a good proposition...

Good Question, sadly much of the world isn't only non-Christian but anti-Christian. Have anyone heard about yesterday terrorist shooting in California? well go on twitter, facebook, and read the the liberal rags like the new york daily news because now people of faith are being shamed for praying for the victims. These sad pathetic people are saying " prayer is not enough, a waste of time, etc." and that "we need concerate actions, law, somthing that meaningful!". There already a term for it called "prayer shaming" that to me is a example of America a/d the west being"post-christian", I mean lok 15 - 20 years ago in america the "prayer shaming" crowd would been ran out of town to somewhere like San Fransico or New York, now they have followers! sadly it's even worse around the world where Christians are facing persecutions, violence, forced conversions, forced de-conversions, discrimination in laws, ethnic cleansing and genocide. So yeah the answear to your question is much of the world is not only Post-Christian, it is Anti-Christian and I would point to much of the world outside of Eastern Europe, and the Caucuses, even China is seasing up on Christianity while Western/Northern Europe and nations like the USA, Austrila and Canada are either Post-Christian/anti-Christian

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gzt

The age of the Earth is 4.54 ± 0.07 billion years
Jul 14, 2004
Abolish ICE
Visit site
✟118,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I believe in not bearing false witness, and part of that is portraying what others are saying in full. I think the Bible mentions something along those lines at some point. As to what that newspaper cover is saying, if you have read your Bible, there's some point in there where it has something about people who have the ability to do something but instead just think and pray about it (and senators have the ability to actually do something).

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My question is, what parts of the world could be considered a "Christian nation" now? It seems there aren't many. Are we like the Jews who were in world wide diaspora for so many years? It's not a good proposition...

the only Christian nation there has ever been is within the Church, where Christ rules with His saints. worldly nations might follow at times (ie the Byzantine Empire, Holy Russia, etc), but there really only has ever been Christian nation, and that is the Holy Nation of Israel ie the Church.

Reactions: ZaidaBoBaida
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok I deleted and edited my posts that may have offended Gzt, and the liberals on here, and out of respect for the OP. Yesterday attack just hit too close to home being out here in California. Anyways let's all get back on topic out of respect for the OP. Sadly the more research I do and the research brought to my attention by others on here and off of here, I have to conclude there aren't any nation on earth that truly Christian, from the Western Perspective one could say the collapse of the Western Roman Empire was the death of Christendom in the west, if we want to be technical about it. In the East It seem that Eastern Christendom ended with the Bolshevik Revolution and the murder of the Tsar, and his family. I guess the body of believers in the True Faith, and in communion with each other is the True Christian nation on earth. Sorry Op I'm trying to have it get back on track now.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟429,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Few, if any, and mostly relegated to the dustbin of history. Modern Ethiopia until the overthrow of the monarchy, Armenia (for the 0.5 second of its history when it wasn't under the control of some foreign power or ideology), Egypt from the closing of the pagan temples to the coming of the Muslims, etc. Christianity did better with kingdoms than nations, but of course all those are gone too (Meroe and the other Christian kingdoms of the Sudan, of course the first one ever in Osroene under King Abgar, the later kingdoms of the Christian Arab Lakhmids and Ghassanids, etc.), so there's not a lot to choose from. I don't personally see the problem with this (better a benevolent ruler who doesn't claim to be Christian than an evil one who does), but I could see how others might.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums