✟15,590.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CrossWord said:
I think you're missing my point about Luke 17:30-32.
(Sorry if I repeat myself.)

"when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with His mighty angels"

"The day of the Lord"

"The Second Coming"

Are the above referring to a single literal day?

It seems you're asserting, "Yes".
That is exactly what I am saying crossword. The Day of the Lord and the Second Coming are the same event.

OK go back to Luke 17:30-32, where it refers to, "the day when the Son of Man is revealed."

You're asserting this is a single literal day. Fine. In 17:30-32 what is the directive concering that literal day: "He who is on the housetop let him not go down, He who is in the field let him not turn back." This is not talking about fleeing to the hills to escape from earthly adversaries on the literal day of the Second Coming, is it? Rather, it has to be figurative of a rapture event on that day.
Okay, if you look at Luke 17: 32 it says, Remember Lots wife. What did she do? She turned around and looked at Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed BY GOD as He rained down fire and brimstone, correct? God is going to destroy the earth by fire, right? That is why it says in that verse Remember Lots wife. Luke 18:29-30..But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. 30) Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. 2nd Thess 1:7-10 ~ And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, 8) In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.
Lot is an exact comparison of what is going to happen at the second coming and Day of the Lords wrath. We are going to know the time that we are in when this starts, but just not the exact day of Jesus returning. If you are thinking about your stuff in your house, instead of Jesus appearing in the clouds, you are going to be here for the wrath. In verse 33 it says Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it. This doesn't necessarily mean that you are going to die a horrendous death. We will die to this physical body when we are changed for sure. Our bodies will be preserved for eternity. In essence, this is the "rapture"....second coming.

NOT "rapture" below:

OK, so go to Matthew and Mark's version of the Olivet discourse and it says, "He who is on the housetop let him not go down" but in this case regarding a time prior to tribulation. Why is it not also talking about a rapture event there as well (i.e. a pretrib rapture in this case)?
Matt and Mark both mention events prior to the tribulation and the tribulation. I believe that we are in this time right now. Matt 24:8 says the beginning of sorrows. These fleeing here are what a lot of Christians believe are the remnant that escape to Petra...a mountainous walled city. Marks accounting is beginning of tribulation. The abomination has happened prior in Mark 13:14. Notice in verse 18 in Mark it says...And pray that your flight not be in winter. It is just basically saying...get the h*ll out of Dodge, and don't go down into your house to retrieve anything. He is speaking of those in Judea as scripture states in Matt....remnant. Petra lies in Jordan in the mountains 80 kilo from the Dead Sea.
Order of events:
# 1- abomination
# 2- fleeing out of Judea...remnant of tribe of Judah and Jacob fleeing to Petra.
# 3- tribulation
# 4- second coming and wrath..same parallel as Lot being removed from Sodom, and God raining down fire and destroying it on the same day. Even same "tool" for destruction for the earth....FIRE.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.