Denominations

Status
Not open for further replies.
aforchrist33 said:
Dear Aggie03;

Spiritually "Denominational" labelism is biblically defined as being "CARNAL". (1 Corinthians 3:3) How often has someone asked which church you belonged to when their is only "ONE" (Ephesians 4:4) "NON LABELED" (1 Corinthians 1:12) "NON DISAGREEING" (1 Corinthians 1:10) "NON BUILDING" (1 Corinthians 3:9) body of Christ church. :wave:

agreed but there are times that tell believers to distant themselves from wrongful teaching, wrong living yet after talking to that person first to try to disolve the problem thru the scriptures

Luke 12:51 suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division... but this is believers from unbelievers

So God calls the elders to longsuffer and correct gentlely showing thru the scriptures like in 1 cor 3:1-3 then 4:21 ..

aggie 03 still ignoring me or what's going on?????

Upvote 0
1cor 12:12 for the body is one

but does any one get disturbed that rev talks about HOW MANY churches...

may be that why God raptures us out of here in Judgement...

Pergamos church satan dwells within WHAT?rev 2:13

Sardis is a church that hast a name among the world and it is dead rev 3:1

Laodicea church is luke warm who God spues out rev 3:16

what church are you in
best to look over ones self

Upvote 0

777Zealot

Oct 22, 2003
Uk
✟7,613.00
Faith
Protestant
Warrior4Jah said:
*shrugs* I think the hole denomination thing is silly. We should not be divided amongst each other under Christ, but as one together. There is WAY to much existing seperation among christian because of the massive amounts of different "denominations".

I see the point of having one church. Benefits are a single doctrine of beliefs.

Unfortunitely there are many churches I would not attend.
I would gladly walk into a Catholic or Protestant church, but any form a Liberal Christian Church (teaching homosexuality is fine for example) I could not sit through.

It is one thing to have a certain belief about the Word, a very different thing however to preach that belief to others, and I find it detestable to hear someone preach something I strongly disagree with.

Thus sad to say, I see the reason why there are so many denominations.

Upvote 0

Crazy Liz

Oct 28, 2003
California
✟23,305.00
Faith
Christian
777Zealot said:
I see the point of having one church. Benefits are a single doctrine of beliefs.

I don't think denominations are mainly about differences in beleifs any more. Most protestant Christians are quite comfortable moving from one denomination to another. The relevance of denominations for today is not doctrinal distinctives, but polity - whereby organizational forms don't have to be re-invented and there is some accountability outside the local congregation, and different flavors and varieties of spirituality to be found in the traditions of different denominations.

Upvote 0

WanderingMagi

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
✟445.00
Faith
Protestant
Having been brought upi a strict Presbyterian (Free Church of Scotland), having worshipped for several years with the Plymouth Bretheren, changing to the Church of Scotland (more relaxed Presbyterians) for practical reasons, and now worshipping at both high and low Anglican churches on the same Sunday, I'd have to say I agree.
I can worship with any and all Christians - and to be frank I don't think I have met any Christian or denomination that is theologically 100% right. As I am not planning my own (even if I wanted to, I am well aware I have my own errors) I am pretty sure what God wants is simply for me to worship with whatever Christians he has given me to worship with.

Did I mention that I went to a Catholic school?

WanderingMagi

Upvote 0

onetruechurch

Aug 5, 2003
georgia
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
cougan said:
Well it seems to me that the bible teaches that their is only one body which means that their is only 1 church. Of course this one body is christ body which he is the head over and the way to get into this body is found in 1Cort 12:13. Paul taught and taught for us to be of the same mind and for there not to be any divisions. So in my opinion if someone is claiming to be a denomation they are not that of that 1 body which is christ. Denomination means that they have their way of doing things which differ from another which goes against what Paul teaches on unity. Eph 5:23 says that Jesus is the savior of the body which is the one church. So it would seem clear to me that jesus is not the saviour of a denomantion.
very well said!!!!!

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Divide and conquer.
Like dividing brothers into leadership & laity.
If the Denomination Roof keeps expanding to include all factions, the appearance of unity is maintaned while the individual members descend into every kind of rationalized religious ritual & ceremony regaredless of its ungodly origin.
Better to clearly mark divisions in order to study them, rather than gloss them over & bury them in hierarchical sophistry, as my bumper sticker says.

There has to be an answer, but its not always framed in terms of someone being right & someone being wrong. As a matter of fact, it has less to do with someONES than it has to do with someWAYS.
I'm pretty sure John 10:16 refers to Jesus as the one sheppard. That's always made more sense to me than it being anyone else, especially a human... or a German(kidding).
So I choose to bear His reproach OUTside the camp(denominational religion).
It's the same problem - men want priests just like Isreal wanted a king.
We are supposed to be both ourselves.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

onetruechurch

Aug 5, 2003
georgia
Visit site
✟7,760.00
Faith
Christian
"There has to be an answer, but its not always framed in terms of someone being right & someone being wrong."

how about if we all read the bible? kjv or nkjv- we would come up with the same thing. forget all of your denominational thoughts and just read the bible to figure out what you are supposed to do. I think that is the best way. I think one reason that we have so many denominations today is that we have so many translations of the bible, study bibles with other peoples opinions, etc. just go to the original and read it yourself. you can't go wrong.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.