Democrats vs Corporate America

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you are married, your spouse would have SS also. If the spouse didn't work outside the home, the spouse would receive an amount equal to half your SS. So now we have a household income from SS of 27K.
Brings it down to 10-15 years to save enough. An improvement, but still not "just a few years". And it is actually longer than that, because now you've got to fund the decades between retirement and when SS kicks in at 63+.

• Agree
Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Brings it down to 10-15 years to save enough. An improvement, but still not "just a few years".

Good idea to start a 401K or the like 30 years before retiring.

Proxy 40 years straight working here -- plus part time jobs on some weekends.

Bought my first house when I was around 25 years old.
Had to rent it out -- couldn't even afford to live in it at that time.
Back then the rent almost made the payment (THE GOOD OLD DAYS).

I know many older guys that did not plan ahead for their retirement,
not homeowners today or old with still a house payment.
Better planning required.

M-Bob

Reactions: mukk_in
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
that's what I said...….

No, just as in other things you've posted in this thread, you said something, and then changed it after someone else corrected you with evidence showing your previous statement was false, and then claimed your new statement was what you meant to say all along.

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
No, just as in other things you've posted in this thread, you said something, and then changed it after someone else corrected you with evidence showing your previous statement was false, and then claimed your new statement was what you meant to say all along.
We call that "shifting goal post"

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
We call that "shifting goal post"

IMO, "shifting the goal post" is more when you attempt to reframe the objective of the argument. I.e. Originally trying to show that A is true, but when A is shown to be false, saying "B is true, so i'm correct". In this case, he's not even keeping his claims consistent, not to mention what he's trying to prove.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
IMO, "shifting the goal post" is more when you attempt to reframe the objective of the argument. I.e. Originally trying to show that A is true, but when A is shown to be false, saying "B is true, so i'm correct". In this case, he's not even keeping his claims consistent, not to mention what he's trying to prove.

Good indication of; getting out over your skis, not wanting to admit it and going into scramble mode.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sir Robbins

Waiting for Fall
Sep 28, 2012
Saint Augustine, FL
✟52,747.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Libertarian
Or just throwing a bunch of stuff against a wall and hoping something sticks.

just because you don't understand what I'm saying doesn't mean it isn't so. Everyone has different views. What I posted is MY reality, my belief and the reality of those I know. You're atheist, you should know this. You believe nothing is out there, I do. It's the same thing. It's faith based. You're lack of acceptance and tolerance of this shows your immature view on the subject. I'd wish you a Merry Christmas but you obviously don't celebrate it (or if you do) it's not for the reasons I do.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
just because you don't understand what I'm saying

Citation needed.

What I posted is MY reality, my belief and the reality of those I know.

In which reality can one accumulate hundreds of thousands of dollars in just a few years investing $20K a year at a 12% return? I'd love to visit it.

You're lack of acceptance and tolerance of this shows your immature view on the subject.

Why is it immature in not accepting things which can't be shown to be real? Normally children are the ones confused by the difference between reality and make believe land, not adults.

I'd wish you a Merry Christmas but you obviously don't celebrate it (or if you do) it's not for the reasons I do.

Is this how you want to represent Christianity to unbelievers?

Upvote 0