Democrats say Republicans will regret Barrett confirmation, slam 'manipulation' of Supreme Court

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
'My colleagues may regret this for a lot longer than they think,' Schumer said

Shortly after Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday, Democrats warned Republicans that they would regret their decision to hold a vote so closely to an election.

"The Republican majority is lighting its credibility on fire ... The next time the American people give Democrats a majority in this chamber, you will have forfeited the right to tell us how to run that majority," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said during a floor speech Monday.

"My colleagues may regret this for a lot longer than they think," he added.

Continued below.
Democrats say Republicans will regret Barrett confirmation, slam 'manipulation' of Supreme Court

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
'My colleagues may regret this for a lot longer than they think,' Schumer said

Shortly after Amy Coney Barrett was confirmed to the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday, Democrats warned Republicans that they would regret their decision to hold a vote so closely to an election.

"The Republican majority is lighting its credibility on fire ... The next time the American people give Democrats a majority in this chamber, you will have forfeited the right to tell us how to run that majority," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said during a floor speech Monday.

"My colleagues may regret this for a lot longer than they think," he added.

Continued below.
Senator Schumer should remember two things:
1. He is a Minority leader.
2. By the grace of God and the action of our Founding Fathers, he has a voice in the government.
How he uses that voice is up to him.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
As if the Dems, who perpetrated the Kavanaugh hearings outrage against the country, would not have done exactly the same as the Pubs did here, and worse, had they the chance. This was one Senate debate I could not watch due to the utter hypocrisy from the other side talking about legislating from the bench, parliamentary order, the will of the American people, etc. The irony is that they have their own Harry Reid to thank for losing the filibuster.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The Senate Democrats, if they take control of the Senate in 2021 and Biden is president, will most likely attempt to pack the Supreme Court. AND they will claim that they 'had' to do it since the GOP did the unthinkable and confirmed a new justice after another had died.

So they are laying the verbal groundwork for that right now.

In truth, they would have made the same move whether or not the Senate had confirmed Judge Barrett, but this will be one of their talking points.

• Agree
Reactions: Xenophon
Upvote 0