Minnesota
✟215,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A Democratic congressman has made an alarming accusation that has led critics to label him an election denier.

At an event last week with House Intelligence Committee chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), Rep. Vicente Gonzalez (D-Texas) falsely claimed that the GOP “stole” a House seat from a fellow Dem earlier this year in a special election.
South Texas Democrat Makes Shocking Claim About 'Stolen' Election: Accuses Republican Rep. Mayra Flores And Her Backers Of Cheating With Outside Money

Democrats have claimed before that elections were essentially stolen, in many cases going far beyond this example: This has been quite common for Democrats. Stacey Abrams, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Maxine Waters, Jimmy Carter, and Congresswoman Barbra Lee to name just a few who have actually denied election results.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: hislegacy

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A Democratic congressman has made an alarming accusation that has led critics to label him an election denier.
I assume the critics in question are either stupid or lying, at least based on the evidence you linked to here. Who are these unnamed critics? The congressman is not quoted as denying the validity of the election or asserting vote fraud. He's saying that the Democrats were outspent with money coming in from outside -- which has nothing to do with being an election denier.

I suggest you either
1) Provide some evidence that the man in question actually denied the validity of the election, or
2) Apologize for telling falsehoods about him.

This has been quite common for Democrats. Stacey Abrams, Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Maxine Waters, Jimmy Carter, and Congresswoman Barbra Lee to name just a few who have denied election results.
Are all of those accusations as vacuous as this one?

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I assume the critics in question are either stupid or lying, at least based on the evidence you linked to here. Who are these unnamed critics? The congressman is not quoted as denying the validity of the election or asserting vote fraud. He's saying that the Democrats were outspent with money coming in from outside -- which has nothing to do with being an election denier.

I suggest you either
1) Provide some evidence that the man in question actually denied the validity of the election, or
2) Apologize for telling falsehoods about him.

Are all of those accusations as vacuous as this one?
Here he said the election was stolen. "Stolen" are his words not mine. I have no information beyond what the article says. There is a long list of Democrats who have likewise criticized election results in a much stronger way. . Note the article also said:
The Daily Wire noted that a blogger Gonzales paid some $1,200 to make racist and vile remarks regarding Flores. He later claimed he does not “pay for political attacks.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,241.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well lets wait to see if they get a bunch of people to rally around the capital in Austin and storm the building in "protest" with a hangman's noose on the front lawn.
Did everyone there put up the hangmans noose? Perhaps it was Antifa, but yours is the philosophy that if one or a few are violent then all are guilty. How about the FBI round up every individual who was at the violent BLM protests? Let's put their photos up and find them.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did everyone there put up the hangmans noose? Perhaps it was Antifa, but yours is the philosophy that if one or a few are violent then all are guilty. How about the FBI round up every individual who was at the violent BLM protests? Let's put their photos up and find them.
Go for it, if they're part of a violent protest they should be arrested. I don't care what side they're on.

Upvote 0

sfs

Jun 30, 2003
Massachusetts
✟342,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here he said the election was stolen. "Stolen" are his words not mine. I have no information beyond what the article says.
Then accuse him of using overheated rhetoric. Based on the information you have, you have no reason to think he's an election denier.
There is a long list of Democrats who have likewise criticized election results in a much stronger way.
Deal with this accusation first. If you don't have reason to think he's an election denier, withdraw the suggestion that he is one.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,979.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well all I can say is that the democrats know the ropes of stealing elections well so they may automatically get suspicious. Oops, yes I really said that. I've always thought with them to look at what they accuse and they have shown there own hand in terms of tactics.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Theres certain problems that could invalidate an election, I think.

But, obviously, you need evidence of those problems for your complaint to be considered valid.

And if you persist long enough with un-evidenced complaints, then it looks like you are the one trying to steal the election.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Go for it, if they're part of a violent protest they should be arrested. I don't care what side they're on.

Too bad you aren't in charge in the government. What a breath of fresh air that would be.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,780.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Too bad you aren't in charge in the government. What a breath of fresh air that would be.
Pass, don't want that responsibility. I'v got a full plate dealing with my wife with dimentia.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Pass, don't want that responsibility. I'v got a full plate dealing with my wife with dimentia.
That’s a hard road, friend, be sure you get breaks and are continuing to take care of yourself first.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟337,667.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Well lets wait to see if they get a bunch of people to rally around the capital in Austin and storm the building in "protest" with a hangman's noose on the front lawn.

So you don't care if someone says that the election was stolen? You only care if someone storms a capital? Is that right?

• Useful
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,509.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
So you don't care if someone says that the election was stolen? You only care if someone storms a capital? Is that right?
Well the first being an opinion and the latter being felonious activity, there is enough of a difference for such a position to make sense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The article is fairly clear about the sense in which he meant stole. He was referring to a deluge of money from outside the area spent in the campaign. It seems hyperbole to call that stealing, but it doesn’t appear he was saying the Republican didn’t win.

Democrats have disputed congressional elections in the past based on gerrymandering. This is pretty obviously a a valid complaint, even if the current Republican Supreme Court has refused to deal with it.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,149,208.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I don’t care what someone’s opinion is. I do care if we elect officials who will use the belief as a way to make sure that only their party can win an election. Yes, I apply this to both parties. I’m opposed to Democratic gerrymanders, too.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,207,589.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, until they storm the place, it's not exactly a valid comparison, but thanks for playing.

There's a stark difference between the posturing and whining that would describe the
"Not my president" stuff when Trump won
The kind of stuff Abrams was pulling when she lost
The birther nonsense that happened when Obama won

...and the kind of events that unfolded on Jan 6th.

There's "regular sore loser" chatter, and then there's escalation to physical violence.

I'd say a good comparison would be the difference between regular sports fans and full blown "sports hooligans" when their team loses (or wins? I've never really figured out rules on that lol).

There's a difference between going on facebook and complaining about the refs and verbally accusing the other team of cheating...and going out in the streets to bust out windows and light dumpsters and cars on fire because one's team lost.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, Rudy Giuliani is behind in spousal support and needs a side gig.

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,667.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

I've seen political ads on TV tying anyone questioning how free and fair the 2020 election was with the storming of the Capitol. So, by that measure, does it really matter? Is it legitimate to question the legitimacy of elections or isn't it?

ThatRobGuy said:
There's "regular sore loser" chatter, and then there's escalation to physical violence.

The politico-media complex in this country has worked hard to blur the distinction between the two.

Upvote 0