Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Democracy is a system of government in which power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or through freely elected representatives.

A republic, based on the Latin phrase res publica ("public affair"), is a state in which political power rests with the public through their representatives—in contrast to a monarchy. Representation in a republic may or may not be freely elected by the general citizenry.

Is the US a combo?

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The US was designed to be a constitutional republic; that is, the People elect members from their specific states or districts, who go to the Capitol and enact laws within two parameters:

1. Such laws must abide by the regulations in the Constitution; and
2. Such laws must represent the will of the People.

That's how it's supposed to work. I think we can all see that the system has become corrupt; not in the system itself, but in the way the system is being abused by those manipulating it.

P.S.: The ones manipulating the system are not the People. ;)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The US was designed to be a constitutional republic; that is, the People elect members from their specific states or districts, who go to the Capitol and enact laws within two parameters:

That's how it's supposed to work. I think we can all see that the system has become corrupt; not in the system itself, but in the way the system is being abused by those manipulating it.

I think they hide their true agenda.
Push laws and what not per personal preference pushed on all til it is absolutely acceptable by force.

Upvote 0

Danthemailman

Jul 18, 2017
Midwest
✟305,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

California Senate candidate and Congressmember Adam Schiff is calling for a major overhaul of American institutions, including getting rid of the Electoral College, expanding the Supreme Court and eliminating the filibuster in the name of protecting democracy. o_O

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-save-democracy-abolishing-electoral-college/

What the left means by "protect our democracy" is really protect our power. Their power only. Someone once said, "Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotisms." Sadly, that seems to be the direction America is heading.

• Winner
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
California Senate candidate and Congressmember Adam Schiff is calling for a major overhaul of American institutions, including getting rid of the Electoral College, expanding the Supreme Court and eliminating the filibuster in the name of protecting democracy. o_O

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...-save-democracy-abolishing-electoral-college/

What the left means by "protect our democracy" is really protect our power. Their power only. Someone once said, "Republics decline into democracies and democracies degenerate into despotisms." Sadly, that seems to be the direction America is heading.
All the while screaming about Democracy being protected. They are the ones destroying our democratic republic.

• Winner
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I think they hide their true agenda.
Push laws and what not per personal preference pushed on all til it is absolutely acceptable by force.
It is hidden only in that we have gotten used to the usurpation of the peoples lawmakers by vote, to the judges by appointment.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0