Deliverance Ministry: Any experience that you want to share or comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hello.

I have been questioning thoughts about deliverance ministry. Through past events in my life, I experienced that deliverance ministry is one of the required ministry in a functionally biblical church.

It shows that Gospel is true to save and free the lost out of bondages, giving them hope. And this is a powerful message that can reach to many. By testimonies, people will come to believe in Jesus. By freedom of bondages of sin and demons, people will come to believe in Jesus. Because the power lies in the truth of Jesus Christ, our Savior. By Him, we are saved!

I just want to know if anyone in here is involved in a deliverance ministry. If you are, can you share us and teach us what you learned and witnessed? And those who witness any deliverance of themself or others, please do share your stories. I am interested in getting to know more about this. Because when we know more about our enemy, we are more prepare to defend and fight in a spiritual warfare.

Andrew

Feb 25, 2002
✟13,840.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Lee,

Are you talking about casting out demons (non-Christians) as in exorcism or do you also include being freed from bondages like alcoholism, fear etc w/o any exorcism (more Christians with bondages)?

I think Quaffer and disdaskalos have experience in the 1st category. Personally, I've never experienced or seen anything of the 1st category, so sorry, can't contribute. I've only heard of stories/testimonies.

As for the 2nd category, I was badly attacked by fear once and it lasted a long time.

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
I read a book by the Chief Exorcist of Rome that told of a young man who he had worked with that had to leave because of Military duty. The young man wrote him a letter, telling him that he was finally freed through the work of Pentecostal prayer group. It takes cooperation and years, sometimes, to free people from demonic influence, but Christ uses us all!
The prayer of the faithful accomplishes much!

God Bless,

Neal

Upvote 0

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a deliverance ministry I have seen people healed, freed and more just from a little tiny bit of warfare God leads me to do. Its work, hard work but its so worth it in the end. I started studing the deliverance ministry as soon as I got saved and came out of witchcraft at fourteen. I am twenty now my dad is a minister and he always made me read my bible and his spiritual books. I thank him now. I read pigs in the parlor, diary of an exorcist, out in jesus name, the handbooks of deliverance and spiritual warfare, the bible of course, twila fox's book she is an md who is a psychiatrist with a deliverance minsitry and that is where i see myself one day very soon actually. Some doctorines in the books I do not agree with. But hey there is gold in the books irreguardless. If you want stories PM me or email me at prinzesanarki@yahoo.com

Upvote 0
A

ABDIarise

Lottedah said:
I have a deliverance ministry I have seen people healed, freed and more just from a little tiny bit of warfare God leads me to do. Its work, hard work but its so worth it in the end. I started studing the deliverance ministry as soon as I got saved and came out of witchcraft at fourteen. I am twenty now my dad is a minister and he always made me read my bible and his spiritual books. I thank him now. I read pigs in the parlor, diary of an exorcist, out in jesus name, the handbooks of deliverance and spiritual warfare, the bible of course, twila fox's book she is an md who is a psychiatrist with a deliverance minsitry and that is where i see myself one day very soon actually. Some doctorines in the books I do not agree with. But hey there is gold in the books irreguardless. If you want stories PM me or email me at prinzesanarki@yahoo.com

Lottedah, it is so different when you are really working with folks isn't it. It is not games then. I am glad you are working to help people with this.

Upvote 0

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is different and sometimes I have noticed the spirits get together and try to divide my marriage. My husband is a really gentle calm person but when he says something out there he would never say I know better than to respond in anger because its not even him talking. It can also be alienating, I have some denominations calling me a sorceress for being a female, I have some calling me a quack, but then when someone comes to me at work or in public and says they know I can help them. It makes it worth while. Sometimes God gets me up out of bed at three in the morning to warfare til seven. On those days he makes me extra hyper so I dont fall asleep at work. lol.. its wonderful, being threatened by demons, attacked by strangers and so forth. Anyone else game to join the party?

Upvote 0

ablikespaintball

Oct 20, 2003
CT
Visit site
✟15,361.00
Faith
Protestant
Lottedah said:
It is different and sometimes I have noticed the spirits get together and try to divide my marriage. My husband is a really gentle calm person but when he says something out there he would never say I know better than to respond in anger because its not even him talking. It can also be alienating, I have some denominations calling me a sorceress for being a female, I have some calling me a quack, but then when someone comes to me at work or in public and says they know I can help them. It makes it worth while. Sometimes God gets me up out of bed at three in the morning to warfare til seven. On those days he makes me extra hyper so I dont fall asleep at work. lol.. its wonderful, being threatened by demons, attacked by strangers and so forth. Anyone else game to join the party?
I'm game ;)

Upvote 0

kukumot

Aug 26, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟171.00
Faith
Christian
I have considerable experience in deliverance ministry, both as a helper to those who are ministering to others, and also as a recipient, having received a lot of deliverance myself. One of the replies in this thread made reference to two types of deliverance ministry - casting out demons and getting free from bondages. I know something about both, having received both.

I would like to share a few things I have learned, and hear any comments from others.....

First of all, it is pretty useless to attempt to cast a demon out of someone who has not dealt with the reasons why the demon is there in the first place. For instance, if someone has a demon of rage and murder because he/she is angry at a parent for abuse suffered in childhood, then that demon is not going to leave until the person truly forgives the parent and takes away the demons right to stay.

I have witnessed an experienced deliverance minister who should have known better get into a knock down drag out confrontation with a demon in a woman who had been abused as a child, and was just unable to forgive her abuser. The minister wrestled with the demon (spiritually), and the demon thrashed her body around the floor almost in convulsions. At last after a few hours it seemed to leave, and she got up and felt better. But I can guarantee you that it came right back at her in the parking lot after she left, because she had refused to forgive her father, and that was the demon's legal right to torment her.

I have read countless books on spiritual warfare and deliverance -- too many to name or list. There seems to be three major approaches:

1) The Frank Hammond "Pigs in the Parlor" or Win Worley "Battling the Hosts of Hell" approach, which is just command them to leave - don't bother to deal with any underlying issues - and keep commanding them to leave until they do, even if it takes hours and a physical battle to get them out.

2) The Neil Anderson approach, described in "Victory Over Darkness" and "The Bondage Breaker", which takes the opposite stance..... he says you MUST deal with the underlying reasons that the demon has access to you, and once you close whatever door in the spirit is opened, by forgiving, etc., then the demons will just leave.

3) The Bob Larson approach, which is a little bit of the first two. Deal with your stuff, close all the doors in the spirit, take away whatever right the demons have, then command them to leave, and keep telling them to leave until they do.

I guess I tend to agree more with Neil Anderson and Bob Larson. Having witnessed and been a part of numerous deliverance sessions (many of them where I was the "subject"), I question the need to have a knock down drag out fight with any demon. If you deal with an issue, like unforgiveness, and the demon does not leave when commanded to, I now think that it must be because there are more underlying issues that have not been dealt with that allow it to remain.

One complicating factor can be dissociation, which I saw someone refer to in another thread. For anyone not familiar, the term "dissociation" refers to what used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder (MPD), and is now called "Dissociative Identity Disorder" (DID). If the person in need of deliverance is dissociative, it can be much more difficult to deal with their "stuff", because while they may have forgiven their Dad for molesting them, a part of them (or alter personality) may not have, and that is what the demon holds on to.

This is very controversial, and I don't want to derail this thread with a lot of talk about MPD/DID unless the others involved in the discussion are interested.

I would just like to say one more thing for those who may be thinking this -- it is a common misconception that MPD/DID is extremely rare and hardly ever seen. That is simply not true. It is a lot more common than people realize. As a matter of fact, many of you probably either have met or know someone who is dissociative, especially if you work in Christian ministry, counseling or deliverance.

Karen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hands&Feet

Sep 27, 2003
USA
✟851.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I have ministered deliverance on and off for about fifteen years. I have seen many people helped immensely, but not without its downside. I was attacked so badly that i almost died, it cost my marriage and a good friend of mine lost his farm. It is too deep to go into now, but it was ALL directly related to our deliverance ministry. I pleaded with God to let me out of it and He did. I don't think I would be alive today had I coninued.

I see some people who are successful at it and there have been a few times since then where I have performed deliverance with good and bad results, but it can get real ugly.

I studied under some very widely reputable ministers and took several 3 credit courses on it in school, not to mention extensive reading. I was called into the deliverance ministry before I even knew if I believed in it! People simply began knocking on my door saying God told them I could help them. I had to learn on-the-fly and I quickly learned everything I could, but I used to get violently sick after some sessions, eventually getting deathly sick for almost a year.

We confronted some very powerful principalities and Jezebel actually physically manifested herself to me on various occasions. She split up 3 separate churches I was involved with and took my wife, who up to that point, was one of the most Godly women I'd ever known. She barely acknowledges God today, 11 years later.

I continue to war if God calls me on occasion, but I am understandably somewhat skittish. I have talked with many prominent deliverance men around the country and they have no real answers other than I had to have confronted a very powerful demon. I love Jesus with all my heart and serve Him in every way i can, but other than warring for my family and close friends, I tread softly and carry a big God.
I took my step daughter through some deliverance on her request and, although I successfully irradicated the demons, she has gone into the spiritual battle of her life ever since. The only thing I can think of is that perhaps we need more prayer support. It's just not always like we see on TV. We must be careful. We can't give up or run away entirely, but we need to discern whether or not God wants us in the ministry before we jump in and get eaten for breakfast by the devil.

Upvote 0

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Indeed. It is a warfare, it is so tearing at the nerves sometimes and then when you want to give up God finally does his miracle. I have read about fifty books on deliverance. My dad has an enormous library. That is true about unforgiveness I wont touch people with that. I pray for them and bind their demons but NO rebuking or they come back seven times stronger.
I know about being called to it on the fly. I basically started my ministry in high school. I was a counselor and we werent supposed to pray but I had a LOT of people come to me.. a record number who asked for prayer and hugs!
I bet God worked some miracles through me then without my knowledge.:bow: :clap: :prayer:
Tell me more about Jezebel because I got a word of knowledge she is the one keeping me sick. No not the spirit that breaks up churches but the one who is bossy. My dad said its a generational curse from my mom. I repented and commanded her out of me but I think she may still reside. What does she look like was the manifestation a phsyical form or through a host?
I saw a demon of lust once.. she IS UGLY
Short, fat, greasy hair, long pointed nose and a thin face with a blubbery bod.

Upvote 0

kukumot

Aug 26, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟171.00
Faith
Christian
PHP:
Tell me more about Jezebel because I got a word of knowledge she is the one keeping me sick. No not the spirit that breaks up churches but the one who is bossy. My dad said its a generational curse from my mom. I repented and commanded her out of me but I think she may still reside.

I have battled the Spirit of Jezebel myself. It is the same spirit that both breaks up churches and is bossy. Just manifests itself differently and causes different problems. But the same spirit.

As far as Jezebel keeping you sick - I couldn't say, but your Dad may be right about it being a generational curse. As you command it out of you, also break any curses that may be there. You may have to do this often.

My husband and I once did an internet search on the spirit of Jezebel, and found numerous good sites full of information (which we lost with a computer crash/reformat, so I can't share them now). Try typing "Spirit of Jezebel" or "Jezebel spirit" into Google or Yahoo and see what you get.

Upvote 0

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have been doing some research thanks for the tip. I googled jezebel spirit pain. It came up with some interesting things. Described why I began acting like a nut after I backslid. Jezebel is a perfectionist who is prone to fits.. sounds like me the last three yrs. The scariest thing is after I began warfare against her tonight..shes a strong sucker, I began to have TERRIBLE PAIN but God told me to remain calm because I am being delivered after a fast. My husband manifested as her and attacked me.. oy! I bound it and left him alone before he killed me. Another thing in the ministry make sure your spouse is strong or you face danger. Mine is strong but this thing is strong as well and when he gets sleepy he lets his guard down. Im not scared but I was threatened.:mad:

So I am in here working, praising interceding for the people who come to me and hoping he doesnt come down and try to kill me.:bow: :prayer: :clap:
Must mean something big is on the horizon!! He only "turns" when myself and God are accomplishing something huge!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kukumot

Aug 26, 2003
Florida
Visit site
✟171.00
Faith
Christian
Ahab is the passive spirit, that allows Jezebel to operate unchecked, and even enables or aids her in her control and manipulation.

Many people who operate in Jezebel are married to an Ahab (I am not saying ALL so please no one take offense).

It is also possible for a person to operate out of the Jezebel spirit at some times, and the Ahab spirit at other times (I know someone who does).

And it is possible for two people who both operate out of the Jezebel spirit to be married (I also know of a case - they each alternated between Ahab and Jezebel, depending on the situation).

You see, some people can operate out of the Jezebel spirit at certain times and in certain situations, but not at other times. But other people are just swimming in Jezebel and every thought and move just stinks of her (I have a family member like this...her husband is always Ahab, allowing her to go unchecked).

Reactions: Tini
Upvote 0

hal

Sep 18, 2003
Coronado, CA
Visit site
✟15,287.00
Faith
Christian
Dear Kukumot. I agree with you completely. I am familar with all those you mention and have met Win Worly and Neil Anderson personally. I have cast demons out of myself and others with a minimum of manifestation. However, in a Win Worly meeting I have seen the biblical manifestation of screeming, etc. I have a website ministry and prayer and healing class that is based on Mark 16:15-20

Upvote 0

Lottedah

Aug 26, 2003
✟15,560.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well I cast ahab out of him and it seems jezebel is his operator. I sincerely think I must have "caught" it off of him when I was backslidden and misbehaving. Oy.. how did u battle jezzie?:confused:
I am being submissive even though he is acting totally demonized, he is prowling the house like a caged cat. And Im being sweet and nice and understanding:pink:

Upvote 0

Lee

Dec 14, 2002
United States of America
✟466.00
Faith
Non-Denom
WOW! You guys have quite the experience in this field.

I am now praying to God about engaging in this ministry field. I will not have the support of my church because they fear by this already. This is one of my reason why I pray to God about it.

Just some of the few reasons that I want to understand more about this and deal with this are:

1) I had personal experience battling something that I considered demonic oppression.

2) My family is the first generation to get out of ancestrial worship adding with shamanism and animism. So there are still demonic oppression that I believe is holding the family down. Such is my mom's continuous pain daily and her constant nightmares.

3) People at my church give testimonies of spiritual warfare relating to demonic oppression, but they do not know how to fight and defeat this.

4) The majority of the people that I am calling to go for deals with animism, a truly challenging religion. Many people give accounts of demonic oppression.

These are the main reasons for me to desire to get into this. But because of being at a bible college that does not believe strongly in the warfare against the devil and his dominions, I have a disadvantage. Also coming from a cessationist church filled with superstition-people, I am lacking the training for this ministry.

I am asking for advice. What should I do? For the time being, I am reading books about demon and deliverance. But books will not compare to actions and experiences. Please tell me, what road I shall take in order to be fitting for this ministry. And I believe that God is calling me for this, because there is a desire in me to learn more and more about this ministry. Also suddenly, there is a strong development of this passion and love in my heart for the victims of demonization.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.