Deleting my account

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
The whole idea of lumping a bunch of so different people together in one place (as is the case here at Cf) is bound to be exhausting at times.
Carismatics and spiritfilled Protestants sharing a forum with Catholics and Orthodox...

Challenges are lining up each and every day.

Upvote 0

Phronema

Orthodox Christian
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2016
Florida Panhandle
✟739,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I can't imagine where I'd be if no one had been posting here for me to find Orthodoxy. Best case scenario, maybe I'd be Lutheran or Anglican. But given family opposition, neither of them would likely be enough. I'd most likely be struggling in a non-denomination or else having given up going to church altogether, in my particular case. Lord have mercy!

I completely agree with you, Ana. I'm thankful that TAW exists as I've learned so much about Orthodoxy here, and I think it's a shame for anyone to go. Also, even though I'm not Orthodox, I don't venture outside TAW much either, and when I do, I usually figure out quite quickly as to why I don't much.

• Agree
Reactions: Christina C
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,466,515.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey Everyone,
After trying to be polite on other sections of this forum, I've come to realize that CF is not beneficial for me at all (in fact, it is causing me to get angry most of the time) and I'm going to delete my account.

I would ask that you keep my family and me in your prayers as hopefully, I will get transferred to a new position in Virginia Beach from Boston sometime this fall. You can hit me up on the old yahoo group for those that remember it.

In Christ,
Brian

sorry to hear that, Lord have mercy!

that is one of the reasons I tend to stay only in TAW.

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I mostly just stay in here. Once in awhile I go socialize with the good people in OBOB. I stay far far far away from General Theology as most of the people there seem to be nuts.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hey Everyone,
After trying to be polite on other sections of this forum, I've come to realize that CF is not beneficial for me at all (in fact, it is causing me to get angry most of the time) and I'm going to delete my account.

I would ask that you keep my family and me in your prayers as hopefully, I will get transferred to a new position in Virginia Beach from Boston sometime this fall. You can hit me up on the old yahoo group for those that remember it.

In Christ,
Brian

Oh my goodness! Is the yahoo group still around? That was the first internet Orthodox group I was part of during my Inquirer days way back in 2000 - 2001. Where I first got to know Steve Robinson and others who really helped me learn about the Faith.

I'm sorry you're leaving here, but we have to do what is best for us spiritually.

Mary

Upvote 0

Christina C

Sep 23, 2016
England
✟26,752.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hey Everyone,

In Christ,
Brian
I understand where you are coming from, but would just say I have learnt so much from the folks here in TAW and really value this area of CF. I agree with what some others have said - there are some areas of CF that I have ventured into that I really wish I hadn't. In fact going into other areas has sometimes left me feeling very down. It is certainly safer to stay in TAW!

Upvote 0

ZaidaBoBaida

When do I stop being a Newbie?
Jul 17, 2012
Right Here
✟50,881.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey! I resemble that comment ^_^

Yeah but you're nuts in a mostly cute and harmless way. I've seen discussions in GT that bordered on being abusive and downright mean spirited as all the different "traditions" try to shout each other down.

Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,254.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It seems weird, but I think the online forum has actually been good for me. I left CF for almost 3 years I think back in 2011. Mostly because of myself, not other people. The mean rude people don't bother me so much. Before internet forums I already knew there were lots of those people in the world, so it comes as no surprise. What was surprising was learning that I was one of them!

I'd go back and look at posts I got in trouble for, or even when I didn't, and often think "wow is that really me"? I'd never say that to someone's face. It seemed harmless and playful enough when I typed it but reviewing it I see what a sarcastic smart aleck I am. I could have disagreed, I could have expressed the same idea in a kinder way. CF has actually been beneficial in forcing some needed self-evaluation. I think I've improved a bit but of course still have a long way to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,695.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'd go back and look at posts I got in trouble for, or even when I didn't, and often think "wow is that really me"? I'd never say that to someone's face. It seemed harmless and playful enough when I typed it but reviewing it I see what a sarcastic smart aleck I am. I could have disagreed, I could have expressed the same idea in a kinder way. CF has actually been beneficial in forcing some needed self-evaluation. I think I've improved a bit but of course still have a long way to go.
I could not agree more for myself. I've had a lot of "What on earth was I thinking when I posted that" moments. I've often found that I will type up a response to a post which I will come back to later, and end up either not posting the reply or completely rewriting it. Unfortunately there are also many times where I hit the submit button before having a chance to look at it in retrospect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0