Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Someone could be wearing something quite revealing and still be modest.
Someone could be covering up completely and still be immodest.

Modesty is culturally defined and circumstantial; and usually has far more to do with intent than anything else.

Frankly, I think we immediately step into error the moment we start to judge other people by the way they look and trying to define what is and isn't "modest"; which almost always results in finding ways to play the moral busybody and the self-righteous hypocrite.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I wasn't interested in 'arguing these points'. But I did find your answer interesting enough to even give you an 'informative' rating. But whether it is true or not, it's really not a point worth arguing about anyway IMO. :)
With 'your explanation, I now hope my 'bolding' didn't make it sound like I took any kind of offense, to promt an apology. I do appreciate your explanation though, and agree with your position concerning provability.

Reactions: AlexDTX
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is highly unlikely that God made leather garments miraculously. He stopped creating on the 7th day.
Did He?

John 5:17
But He answered them, “My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.”

• Agree
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,569.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
If a beautiful, well endowed,sexy looking woman were to sashay into the church in a tight red see through mini dress with a plunging neckline and a long split up both sides of this scrap of dress which exposed her thighs almost to her waist...
Even other women will double take and most of the men ( well the heterosexual ones at least) absolutely Will Not be able to focus on the sermon.

So modesty does depend on a person's beauty? To me that could be legalistic.

Reactions: Johnny Boyd
Upvote 0