Deeper Fellowship!

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
I liked the Title of this Forum. But I wondered when I saw it, with whom do we seek a deeper fellowship? With one another? Or with God?

Well logically if we have a deeper fellowship with Christ, we will, ipso facto, have a closer and deeper fellowship with one another. For all of us who are born again, have this in common: It is in Him that we live and move and have our being. (Acts 17:28) Just as a baby who lives and moves and has its being inside the womb. It stands to reason that if we are in Him and He in us, and we have a deeper, richer, more full and meaningful fellowship with Him, then we cannot help but have a deeper fellowship with one another.

May God grant to us in these days a deeper Fellowship with Him and a deeper love for one another.

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right on!
Of course, That's not always obvious while reading some of these other threads. In many cases our brothers and sisters lack a supportive attitude. I had more pleasant conversations with the atheists.
I'm glad to see this forum! It's like coming in out of the storm. Maybe we can see the Holy Spirit work through the internet here!

Upvote 0

Mϋzikdϋde

Simply Fabulous
Sep 19, 2002
Colorado Springs
Visit site
✟20,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Gerry
AMEN! Glory to God! A safe Harbor!!! It is like one of my all time favorite hymns: "The Haven of Rest"!

"You, oh Lord are a harbor, a harbor from the storm. Oh Lord, You are my calm...Shelter me"

One of my favorites..."Shelter Me..." from Among Thorns

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Originally posted by muzikdude
Right on!
Of course, That's not always obvious while reading some of these other threads. In many cases our brothers and sisters lack a supportive attitude. I had more pleasant conversations with the atheists.
I'm glad to see this forum! It's like coming in out of the storm. Maybe we can see the Holy Spirit work through the internet here!

Amen Muzikdude! I understand exactly what you are saying. There is one Atheist here that has shown me more love than 99.9% of those professing to be Christians.

But if those of us here in this forum can acheive that deeper fellowship, perhaps we can turn many of those around.

You know a part of the problem is that many who know about Jesus think they are saved when in reality they do not have a personal relationship with Him. Some simply do not know the difference.

We need to make sure people understand that living in a "Christian" nation does not make one a Christian, any more than eating at McDonalds makes one a hamburger. And that being brought up in Church means only that one has been brought up in Church and does not make one a Christian.

Perhaps one thing we should learn in this deeper fellowship is exactly HOW to lead others to Jesus!

Upvote 0

Bruno

happy puppy
Dec 6, 2002
MD, USA
Visit site
✟8,655.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by Gerry
You know a part of the problem is that many who know about Jesus think they are saved when in reality they do not have a personal relationship with Him. Some simply do not know the difference. 

This is so true and so sad. Many of my Catholic friends and even my parents are convinced that they are saved. I gave them Bibles as presents and they tucked them away in their darkest drawers never to open them again (I really hope I am wrong on this one). They think I have been brainwashed and some even called me satan. It gives me chills that someone who calls themselves a Christian would never want to open the Holy Bible.

When I asked my Catholic ex-girlfriend if she knows what a born again means her answer was: "That is something that happens to people at other churches."

Upvote 0

Gerry

Jesus Paid It All
May 1, 2002
Visit site
✟14,307.00
Yes, this is very sad. Some people think they have always been saved because they were brought up in Church, or because they live in a "Christian" country or other such thoughts. But if you ask them if they ever met a celebrity or famous person, they will tell you quickly WHO it was and When and Where it was. Yet there is no more important person to meet than Jesus Christ, but they have no memory of When or Where or who introduced them. Stange, but very sad.

If you don't remember meeting Jesus Christ, believe me, you never met Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
One of the things that throws me on many of the Christian forums is how quickly we can argue about abortion, homosexuality, denominations, law and grace....but try posting the simple question "What Does Jesus Mean to You?".

Even better still next time your in church if you are in a bible class, etc. ask someone to explain this without using a cliched answer.

I was watching MTV (ack, can I admit that) with a few from my youth group the other day and there was a programme called "wannabees". These people would dress, dance and totally imitate their "heroes of music". They knew absolutely everything about them, some would even break into tears if they had the chance of meeting them.

It made me think.....

Dave:clap:

Upvote 0

auswiq

Jan 11, 2003
Visit site
✟251.00
Originally posted by The Simple Plan
One of the things that throws me on many of the Christian forums is how quickly we can argue about abortion, homosexuality, denominations, law and grace....but try posting the simple question "What Does Jesus Mean to You?".

Even better still next time your in church if you are in a bible class, etc. ask someone to explain this without using a cliched answer.

I was watching MTV (ack, can I admit that) with a few from my youth group the other day and there was a programme called "wannabees". These people would dress, dance and totally imitate their "heroes of music". They knew absolutely everything about them, some would even break into tears if they had the chance of meeting them.

It made me think.....

Dave:clap:

Well, its man's ubiquitous need to worship something. Ah yes, they'll bow and scrape to their favourite sport/pop/film/whatever hero, but mention Jesus and - OHHH NOO thankyou very much - and pcheeeww - where'd they go? Unreal, isnt it.

Upvote 0