Texas
✟19,397.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I heard recently that it may have been George Bush I.

I don't think he's sick, but that could be a rumor. I must admit that I don't really know much about the whole Watergate thing, so where was George I during that time. Any idea?

Upvote 0

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Lord's Envoy said:
remind me who is deep throat again, and wasnt there an X-Files episode based on this guy, or am I thinking of something else?

As I recall, Deepthroat was the inside source who leaked information to the Watergate reporters.

And yes, there are rumors that I have seen, that Deepthroat was George I, but if Deepthroat is sick, then those rumors are most likely wrong.

Upvote 0

ClaireZ

Senior Veteran
Apr 29, 2004
USA
✟12,188.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
CarrieAg93 said:
I don't think he's sick, but that could be a rumor. I must admit that I don't really know much about the whole Watergate thing, so where was George I during that time. Any idea?

This is so long ago, but he was in the Cabinet I believe, and supposedly he outted Nixon, because he was mad about being passed over for VP.

But that is all rumor at this point. I will see if I can find a link to the whole story.

Upvote 0

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Deep Throat also refers to something else.

I would be careful Googling it if I were you.

I thought he was never going to be revealed, didn't the journo in question say that even in the event of his death the identity would remain confidential?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sycophant

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard
Mar 11, 2004
Auckland
✟13,070.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rik said:
Deep Throat was Marilyn Chambers, wasn't it? Or was that Behind the Green Door...Oh, you meant THAT Deep Throat...

(BTW, did you know that Chambers later became a Christian?)

Did she stop 'acting'?

I was watching (well, not really watching, but sort of idly gazing upon) a show on E! last night, about teen idols of the ninties.

The narrator said something like "this formal teen-heartthrob is now pursuing a career as an adult actor" -- I nearly did a spit-take... I think they meant it to be a contrast between teen and adult, but it didn't come across that way.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
deep throat:
an x-rated movie from the 70's
an inside leak during the Nixon admin. (some people believe there was no one deep throat, that it was several sources rolled up into one person to hide the idents of their sources)
there was a character on X-Files who was code named "deep throat"
tulc(who is appalled he knows all this off the top of his head) :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aReformedPatriot

Ron Paul for President!
Oct 30, 2004
Visit site
✟13,811.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
BlessedMan said:
I REALLY hope you're kidding...please tell me our school system isn't THIS bad??? ;)

I was a horrible student in high school. I barely graduated, as it turns out Im a much better college student but my theology major doesnt have much room for indepth american history. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Chrysalis Kat

Gettin' Riggy With It
Nov 25, 2004
TEXAS
✟20,887.00
Faith
Politics
US-Democrat
Rik said:
Deep Throat was Marilyn Chambers, wasn't it? Or was that Behind the Green Door...Oh, you meant THAT Deep Throat...

(BTW, did you know that Chambers later became a Christian?)
You are correct. Marilyn Chambers,did the Behind the Green Door flick, Linda Lovelace did Deep Throat.
Yes, THAT Deep Throat.

Upvote 0

Christi

Mar 28, 2002
Visit site
✟4,038.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
CarrieAg93 said:
I heard on the news tonight that Deep Throat is sick so we may be learning his identity soon. Hubby pointed out that the Pope is not up to par. Hmmm. ;)

If I had to guess, I would guess (99.99999%) that the Pope is NOT "Deep Throat." However, I'm sick with a nasty cold and well............hmmmmm.^_^

Upvote 0