Decline in interest in creationism/ID over time.

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I bet you though if you even ask the ones that believe in the evolutionary process (42 % of Americans you say) if they've listened to seminars providing rebuttals that creationists give they'd probably say NO they haven't.
You seem to think creationist 'rebuttals' have merit.
How are you certain that this is so? Surely, merely using bible verses and threats of damnation are not going to sway people that are convinced by evidence.
So... what do you think is so good about creationist rebuttals, and how do you know they are valid?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,200.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Strange way to spell terrorism, genital mutilation, and sexism.

This is a fun game. How about I list a few negatives, maybe quote some scripture and you pick the denomination responsible. Want to play?

• Agree
Reactions: tas8831
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟144,884.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
This is a fun game. How about I list a few negatives, maybe quote some scripture and you pick the denomination responsible. Want to play?
Rock solid whataboutism. No, I can't say I find myself wanting to do anything with you.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟253,200.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Rock solid whataboutism. No, I can't say I find myself wanting to do anything with you.

Gee, and all I was thinking was that we could both show that every belief system has aspects with which all reasonable people would find objectionable.

Maybe next time...

Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
But those things arn't specifically Islams fault, thier plenty of other factors that gave rise to the situation in the middle east. And these problems arn't even specific to Islam Christian militias within africa that commit terror acts exist. I've seen plenty of sexism from Christianity as well. You can't just stereotype an entire religion and all of it's followers.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,311.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship

Sounds more like why glass house people oughtnt play rocks.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟150,311.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
You seem to think creationist 'rebuttals' have merit.
How are you certain that this is so? Surely, merely using bible verses and threats of damnation are not going to sway people that are convinced by evidence.
So... what do you think is so good about creationist rebuttals, and how do you know they are valid?

Creationism v science is like homeopathy v medicine, or
astrology v astronomy. Why would anyone read it?

IF anyone ever comes up with a "rebuttal" of evolution,
it will be a worldwide sensation of the first order.
Wading through "how come still monkeys" nonsense
is never going to be worthwhile.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tas8831

May 5, 2017
Northeast
✟101,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Genital mutilation - like circumcision (I am not against it, but since we are making accusations)? Did you not see all the crosses and praying at the Jan.6 domestic terrorism display? Are you not old enough to remember Christian Eric Rudolf's bombing spree terrorism? Evangelical minister Paul Hill's terroristic murder of people? Or the Christian terrorism of bombing, burning, and shooting up of supposed abortion clinics?
And have you not read your own bible about the role of women? The Quiverfull movement?

Lots of projection/double-standards there, champ.
Let the equivocation and twisted justifications begin!

As an aside, I am against Islam, too, but not because I am a religioinist.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
From Google Trends, showing interest in subjects by way of Google searches over time. Note that these results are for the United States only. I'm not sure if including other countries might skew the results, since outside of the U.S. creationism/ID generally doesn't have as large a presence.

Creationism:

View attachment 303526

Creation Science:

View attachment 303530

Intelligent Design:

View attachment 303527

Discovery Institute:

View attachment 303528

Answers in Genesis:

View attachment 303529
Google owns YouTube, and supposedly they operate separately. Do these trends include creationism research on YouTube as well? If not, maybe more people are using (switching to) YouTube for their research.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Google owns YouTube, and supposedly they operate separately. Do these trends include creationism research on YouTube as well? If not, maybe more people are using (switching to) YouTube for their research.

I don't know how you can seriously put 'research' and YouTube together in the same sentence.

It's the equivalent of getting your information from Comic Books.

The reason that there are few requests for ID 'science' is simple - there literally is no ongoing body of scientific research available to draw on, with or without YouTube.

ID has passed away.

OB

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know how you can seriously put 'research' and YouTube together is the same sentence.

It's the equivalent of getting your information from Comic Books.

The reason that there are few requests for ID 'science' is simple - there literally is no ongoing body of scientific research available to draw on, with or without YouTube.

ID has passed away.

OB
Feel free to substitute 'interest' instead... that is the word used in the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Feel free to substitute 'interest' instead... that is the word used in the OP.

Cause and effect. There is no interest in ID research because there is no research to be interested in. ID doesn't even publish stuff about ID. ID has been very quiet for years.

ID started out as a means of smuggling Creationism into schools under a different name. That was clearly established in Dover vs Kitzmiller. It's 'research' consisted mainly of opinion pieces published in the Discovery Institute parody of a technical journal.

Now ID is dead we can all stop pretending it's a scientific concept and go back to Creationism and the real agenda.

At least, Creationism is honest about being a religious belief.

OB

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Cause and effect. There is no interest in ID research because there is no research to be interested in. ID doesn't even publish stuff about ID. ID has been very quiet for years.

ID started out as a means of smuggling Creationism into schools under a different name. That was clearly established in Dover vs Kitzmiller. It's 'research' consisted mainly of opinion pieces published in the Discovery Institute parody of a technical journal.

Now ID is dead we can all stop pretending it's a scientific concept and go back to Creationism and the real agenda.

At least, Creationism is honest about being a religious belief.

OB
Come on now... the OP refers to the 'Creationism/ID' trend, not just ID.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Same thing. ID is Creationism with a fake 'scientific' veneer.

OB
You’re sure reading a lot into my comment. All I’m saying is that it may be possible that many of those interested in Creationism/ID are now searching more on YouTube (for example), if it’s not included in the declining google search trend results.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟988,187.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
You’re sure reading a lot into my comment. All I’m saying is that it may be possible that many of those interested in Creationism/ID are now searching more on YouTube (for example), if it’s not included in the declining google search trend results.

If ID isn't producing any new research or propaganda material then you won't find anything new on Google or YouTube. My point is that it doesn't really matter where you look if ID 'research' has faded away.

OB

Upvote 0