Debate; Me vs. 2 Trinitarians. | Your input is appreciated.

TheGenuineChristian

υπερμονοθεϊσμός
May 21, 2011
Washington State, Kent.
Visit site
✟7,850.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
So I've started a debate on youtube "Does the Bible teach Jesus is Almigthy God?", me versus 2 Trinitarians. We already uploaded our Opening Statements [and I also have my 1st Rebuttal uploaded, now waiting for his]. Please share your thoughts. I will post the link to the video/s here as they are uploaded.

Does the Bible teach Jesus is Almighty God? - My Opening Statement - YouTube - My Opening Statement.

Does the Bible teach Jesus is Almighty God? affirmative opening statement - YouTube - Their Opening Statement.

Does the Bible teach Jesus is Almighty God? - My 1st Rebuttal - YouTube - My Rebuttal of Their Opening Statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2kai2Wo1hU - Their Rebuttal of My Opening Statement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBRYaLysxb4 - Their Rebuttal of My Rebuttal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCvHFo7Ska4 - My Rebuttal of Their Rebuttal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6brKJMy5dGc - My Closing Statement.

I'm waiting for his Closing Statement still.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2012
✟8,675.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's almost 4 am so I am a little tired to watch your videos ;)

Personally I am undecided whether I am a trinitarian or if I believe in emanations cosmology...

However I like the ideas of both, and I'll probably just remain open to both. I don't see any reason to pick one over the other, and I don't see that belief in one over the other changes my relationship with God any.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was taught of His Father, this is Gods temptation, to be in flesh, born of a woman. What word of God is not God. The temptation is to think that you are less than One with the Father, for Him as for us, less than God. This is Jesus' I do nothing of myself, it is God. God has nothing to prove. We are in the Son who is in the Father seated in a place that is immeasurable, a place of One before the world was. This is the liberty of the manifistation of the Sons of God. That everything without to us will become clean and therefore will be clean. All things are of the Father, who is this One. These things are a present reality but the face of the covering that is cast over all the nations and peoples is the face of a man, one who tills the ground, flesh. In The Stone, cut without hands, that becomes a great mountain is where this face is broken that reveals the Truth that always was.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot to be said for the famous observation that IF Jesus were not actually God, he would be deserving of no admiration on our part whatsoever, considering that he held himself out to be God on many occasions. Someone not being a Trinitarian, I understand, but not those who say that Jesus was a great teacher and moralist--someone who might be a model for our daily living--although he was not God.

Upvote 0

2ducklow

angel duck
Jul 29, 2005
✟9,570.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
There's a lot to be said for the famous observation that IF Jesus were not actually God, he would be deserving of no admiration on our part whatsoever, considering that he held himself out to be God on many occasions. Someone not being a Trinitarian, I understand, but not those who say that Jesus was a great teacher and moralist--someone who might be a model for our daily living--although he was not God.
and what about those like me who say Jesus is not God, he is the sinless son of god, the last adam, the new man, the new creation of god? can't understand that either? can you understand that the bible says God is not a man, and the bible says Jesus is a man? can you understand that the bible says Jesus was begotten by God and conceived by Mary? can you understand that the bible says the beginning of Jesus Christ was his begatting / conception? can you understand that Jesus died, and god cannot die? Can you understand that the bible says God the Father is the one and only true or real God? can you understand that Jesus said that he was going to his God and our god? which means his god is our god. what can't you understand about all these thingss?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gabriell called Jesus the Son of God. Anyway the original Trinitarians added
a 4th goddess and 5th god.
Father, Jesus, Spirit, Mary, little Jesus. Everyone forgets about him.
So there are two Jesus' one big and one small. In Revelations one Jesus has white hair
and brass feet and the other has seven eyes and seven horns.

It's all the same Jesus. Right?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
and what about those like me who say Jesus is not God, he is the sinless son of god, the last adam, the new man, the new creation of god? can't understand that either? can you understand that the bible says God is not a man, and the bible says Jesus is a man? can you understand that the bible says Jesus was begotten by God and conceived by Mary? can you understand that the bible says the beginning of Jesus Christ was his begatting / conception? can you understand that Jesus died, and god cannot die? Can you understand that the bible says God the Father is the one and only true or real God? can you understand that Jesus said that he was going to his God and our god? which means his god is our god. what can't you understand about all these thingss?

Here's an idea. Pick one question at a time and ask me. ^_^

I'll be glad to answer.

Upvote 0

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What to know the real truth. Go to Mark 15:38. There you will find the Open Temple:
Go in. Go see the Father in Heaven yourself. Enter in to the Temple. We all can enter the Tomb, we all know what and who is inside. The young angel in White.
Why you can not enter, is because you do not understand and you underestimate the
dark side and you do not have street smarts. There is a reason why there is a small
and large Jesus. There is a reason why some crosses bear circles. There are 2 Children mentioned in Luke and the first one mentioned is not Jesus and they both
shed blood.

Upvote 0

GarySneakers

Mar 16, 2012
✟585.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Think long and hard if the Blood and Water of Jesus shed by the Centurion's Blade thrust is alive or dead. The Bible and the Roman's claim the Blood and Water is Dead.
Ever wash you eyes in Blood? What can you see, can you see the Open Temple.
The other Kid got it in the Neck. Never disclosed who is Father was. If Jesus was born in Summer as many claim. Who's birthday do we celebrate during December Solstice?
Street Smarts. Small and Large Jesus.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
In the beginning was the word, the word was with god and the word was god.
I am curious, why do you think that verse didn't say 'and the word IS god'? Why, in scripture, does the I AM suddenly become the I WAS?

I often wonder if 'the word' decided that equality with God was not a thing to be grasped? And therefore 'the word' emptied himself/itself of that very equality, to become the likeness of sinful flesh? These are questions I ask myself.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soulgazer

Christian Gnostic
Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
✟19,403.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am curious, why do you think that verse didn't say 'and the word IS god'? Why, in scripture, does the I AM suddenly become the I WAS?

I often wonder if 'the word' decided that equality with God was not a thing to be grasped? And therefore 'the word' emptied himself/itself of that very equality, to become the likeness of sinful flesh? These are questions I ask myself.
They translate "Logos" into English as "word". It's actually a greek philosophical term that means a whole paragraph. However, translators have to pick one word instead of a paragraph.
Logos means not just the word, but the act of forming the word in the mind. So it would be just as accurate to translate "Logos" into "mind", though neither are very accurate. The Proem is Naasene Gnostic, and they gave it a meaning far differently than you might imagine, but they were very found of esoteric meanings, and coding hidden meanings into their text.

Upvote 0

Hillsage

One 4 Him & Him 4 all
Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2009
The land of OZ
✟322,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
They translate "Logos" into English as "word". It's actually a greek philosophical term that means a whole paragraph. However, translators have to pick one word instead of a paragraph.
I know that the word logos, could easily/correctly be translated as "saying". But I wasn't even referring to the word logos/word in my post. I was referring to the word EN/WAS. And the point I was trying to get across, was that John 1 doesn't say 'In the beginning IS the word and the word IS with God and the word IS god.'

But the word EN/WAS seems to be declaring a thing as 'past' or over.

2258 en: I (thou, etc.) was (wast or were)

It seems important to me because in the context of Joh 1:14, which is written in the 'present time' frame, makes special note of the fact that "the word" in the 'past time/birth of Jesus' then became something that it was not...which is "flesh", and not only that, but the very "likeness of sinful flesh" (Rom 8:3)! That's why I think Phi 2 states that "he emptied himself" of being God (?) in order to become a man.

PHI 2:6 who, though he WAS in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, 7 but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

What do you think he "emptied himself" of in the context of these two verses?

Upvote 0