United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Oscar attendance was down this year.
They are saying it is because there were not many good movies. I think many like myself do not care to watch any more because we are sick of hearing the liberals bash the conservatives -- especially our president.
M-Bob

TV Ratings: Oscars Hit New Viewership Low With 26.5 Million

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh I don't know, a majority of Republicans overwhelmingly seem to elect d-list TV stars to be President a lot. So that whole "No one cares what you stars think" riff rings a little hollow coming from Republicans now a days. I think it would be a lot more true if Republicans said "You teachers and anyone who works/helps the poor, you all just need to stay quiet! no one care what you think". :wave:
tulc(if people were looking to be accurate) :oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think that was meant to be a direct insult?
Cut back on your coffee intake -- you are being rude.
Thought that was against the rules here?
MB

So you are down on teachers and ones who work with the poor?
Sad.. double period
LOL! :D
You know what actually against CF rules? Editing a post to change the meaning of something someone else posted. :wave:
tulc(just in case M-bob was curious) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
LOL! :D
You know what actually against CF rules? Editing a post to change the meaning of something someone else posted. :wave:
tulc(just in case M-bob was curious) :)

Good news I found the ignore button thanks -- Bob

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh I don't know, a majority of Republicans overwhelmingly seem to elect d-list TV stars to be President a lot. So that whole "No one cares what you stars think" riff rings a little hollow coming from Republicans now a days.

Americans do love their reality shows... the problem with the trump white house show is that it actually has real world consequences.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Celebrities are entitled to their views - the difference is though that they have a platform. My observation is that I find that what comes out of their mouth more moderate and thoughtful then some US politicians - the recent Maine republican candidate calling the 17 year old student from Florida a skin-head lesbian comes to mind - not to mention the crazy tweets everyone endures

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Celebrities are entitled to their views - the difference is though that they have a platform. My observation is that I find that what comes out of their mouth more moderate and thoughtful then some US politicians - the recent Maine republican candidate calling the 17 year old student from Florida a skin-head lesbian comes to mind - not to mention the crazy tweets everyone endures

Nothing wrong with celebrities speaking their mind, but there are places for it - like their facebook page, interviews, blogs. Why make Award shows about their personal beliefs on politics? That's not what its supposed to be about.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Nothing wrong with celebrities speaking their mind, but there are places for it - like their facebook page, interviews, blogs. Why make Award shows about their personal beliefs on politics? That's not what its supposed to be about.
I guess from their perspective, they are using the opportunity of an international stage with an audience of many millions. Whether you support their view or not I can see why they would use that 30 second media grab to highlight their concerns.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess from their perspective, they are using the opportunity of an international stage with an audience of many millions. Whether you support their view or not I can see why they would use that 30 second media grab to highlight their concerns.

I get that they're doing that, but it irritates a lot of people who think they should use the 30 seconds to discuss what the award show is supposed to be about - movies and awards :sigh:

Upvote 0