• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dealing with big crowds.

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been attending this Church now for nearly a month.
Trinity Grace Church Park Slope
I love it however crowds do stess me and make me sweat. However they are very helpful. The Pastor openly knows I have Asperger's and is very supportive. Also since attending I have been more outspoken I attended two groups and even one night dinner party.

If it was not for the grace of God I would have never been able to do this. What I struggle with of corse is crowds and load noises. I also struggle with envy and regrets as if I did not have Asperger's I would have been in a relationship and closer to God.

What I am getting is if God made me in his image why does he let me suffer with a intense disability and why does my Sister who has full Autism have to suffer worse. I struggled with and maybe it's Satin who did this to me making me want to give up which I struggle with that message saying I am not which is really hard to fight.

Of course the Church people are so friendly to me more so than I ever had in my life as typically people ignored me even at my old church which caused me to backslide for 15 years. Anyway to conclude I am fighting hard against the enemies negative thoughts.

• Prayers
Reactions: HouseCat71

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟677,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You are very brave to face the large crowds when they cause you so much anxiety. Keep fighting hard! :) I finally made it back to church today after a hiatus of several months so I feel like celebrating with you.

• Agree
Reactions: Tony Ramirez
Upvote 0

crossnote

Berean
Site Supporter
May 16, 2010
So. Cal.
✟250,751.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What I am getting is if God made me in his image why does he let me suffer with a intense disability and why does my Sister who has full Autism have to suffer worse.

And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
(2Co 12:7-10)

Upvote 0

DeepWater

Just The Truth
Aug 6, 2011
Israel (usually)
✟16,539.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love it however crowds do stess me and make me sweat. However they are very helpful. The Pastor openly knows I have Asperger's and is very supportive. Also since attending I have been more outspoken I attended two groups and even one night dinner party.

If it was not for the grace of God I would have never been able to do this. What I struggle with of corse is crowds and load noises. I also struggle with envy and regrets as if I did not have Asperger's I would have been in a relationship and closer to God.

What I am getting is if God made me in his image why does he let me suffer with a intense disability and why does my Sister who has full Autism have to suffer worse. I struggled with and maybe it's Satin who did this to me making me want to give up which I struggle with that message saying I am not which is really hard to fight.

Of course the Church people are so friendly to me more so than I ever had in my life as typically people ignored me even at my old church which caused me to backslide for 15 years. Anyway to conclude I am fighting hard against the enemies negative thoughts.

Tony,

God bless you for coming back home to Him.

My Brother, life is full of thorns, and noone gets out of here alive.
Jesus nailed to the Cross proves that God understands how it feels to be going through something that you don't deserve.
Every Apostle, except for John, was murdered., and what makes this amazing, is that they didn't mind.
Paul was almost running to the chopping block, to die.
He understood the JOY of..."absent from the body, present with the LORD".
Many Christians have no idea that Paul was stone to death and was raised from the dead.
He was constantly beaten, he was constantly being abused.
He even had some sort of long standing issue, most Theologians conclude it was some sort of painful issue with His eyes, and this never left him.
Peter wanted to be crucified upside down, out of respect to the Lord's position, and was.
Christians were burned while singing praises to the Lord. Others died happily singing the Psalms while they were fed to Lions as an arena full of thousands and thousands of depraved Romans cheered while they were torn apart and eaten.
Life can be like that.. as noone gets out of here alive, unless Jesus comes soon, and the end time signs are now everywhere around us, telling us that He is about to come and get us and take us HOME.

Did you ever read "Foxe's Book of Martyrs ?
You should.
All Christians should read that book as well as one by CS Lewis, entitled "The Screwtape Letters".
If you will PM me your mailing address, i will send them both to you.
Also, its always a blessing to take time to read about the lives and lifestyles of some very amazing believers who lived in past History, who are not in the bible.

St. Francis of Asessi, is an interesting read.
So is Madame Guyon.... very interesting Saint.
Hildegard of Bingen is also an interesting one to discover.
Rich Mullins is another you might investigate.
So many are.....these are just a few.

God's Grace is so amazing, as when you need it the most, it helps the most.
There are 2 things that can never fail you in this Life, Tony.
One is God's Love and one is God's Grace.
Tony......Lean on both, and stay there.

I wish i could tell you that your life will soon be a bed of roses and all issues will become resolved perfectly.
However, Life does not allow this, for anyone.
In your case, and in all cases, we hurt, we pray, and God gives Grace that allows us to keep going forward, one day at a time, until we meet Him in person.
The best spiritual advice i can give you, is, when you need more help, then get closer to the Helper, and never ever give up.
Brother, God is not only help for today, but He is truly hope for tomorrow.

blessings,

<dw><

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,158.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

My daughter's fiance, although he does not have Aspergers, can't handled large crowds. We went to open homes in Christchurch, where he and my daughter is living (I and my wife are planning to relocate to there in the spring). We went to the first house where we were the only ones, and he coped with that okay, but the next house had a large number of people looking through it, and he preferred to stay in the car because the number of people made him very anxious. This is also a reason why he and my daughter are going to be married in a Registry office with just around 17 guests, because he wouldn't be able to cope with a big wedding with many guests.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
It's not so much the crowds but the noise.

Example watch a party on TV at moderate 2.1 soundbar volume. For me boost the amplify the sound with 7.1 Atmos that is what's its like for me.

So you are one of those people with extra-sensitive ears, huh? I have no idea what you are talking about, but did read it is common for people with Asperger's syndrome to have better than normal hearing.

Try joining a small Bible study group. It would not have more than 10-20 people at the house.

Upvote 0

Tony Ramirez

Christian with Asperger's Syndrome
Apr 12, 2019
Brooklyn, NY
✟60,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Try joining a small Bible study group. It would not have more than 10-20 people at the house.
Already did. There were four people and it was quiet. As I said I am getting more comfortable at the church.

Upvote 0