Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Residents of El Paso became Americans in 1845 when the "Republic of Texas" was annexed by the United States. Some of those residents trace their ancestry back to the early 1600's when the first Spaniards explored the area. Bottom line: they are Americans who happen to be of Spanish/Native American ancestry.

The shooter was grossly ignorant of his state's history.

• Winner
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Just because no ones there to defend the house doesn’t mean it doesn’t belong to anyone.

I didn't say anything about no one being there.

And all of this is getting away from the point that the shooter was fearful of an “Hispanic invasion of Texas” but there is no Hispanic invasion.

Would "invasion by illegals coming over the Mexican border who just happen to be Hispanic since that's the majority race living in Mexico" (with emphasis on the word "illegals) sound better?

Hispanics have lived in that region for the entire existence of Texas and the United States.

Yes, and many of them were born there, or somewhere else in this country, or they immigrated legally and are therefore citizens. Those aren't invaders. The ones who sneak across the border (or storm across in large numbers) and then "live in fear" of being caught by ICE for being here illegally are the invaders.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,964.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It meets the definition of invasion. If you want to say that it's dangerous rhetoric, I'd agree....just like certain recent uses of "concentration camps".
For sure it does! Many Canadian families invade the US as well. Disneyland is amazing, I hear. I hope to invade the US with my family as well to visit Yellowstone, Crater's of the Moon, and the Oregon coast sometime.

• Haha
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0