• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~InHisHands~

At the feet of Jesus
Sep 3, 2006
✟18,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think today I'm finally able to come to grips with the fact that I don't need to smoke. The past few days I've been struggling with the mental part of the addiction. But, I think God is allowing my mind some peace this morning. Hopefully, as I work my way down off of these patches I will be able to handle it better.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kawliga

Aug 16, 2006
Elba, Alabama
✟8,140.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sure, there are plenty of things I can do indoors, but I am really wanting to clean my car up really well so I can get some good coin for it when I sell it. I threw my old cigarette butts out so that I am not tempted to go digging through them. Oh, today I vacuumed my car out really good. There were ashes everywhere. What a mess. I used "luv my carpet" before I vacuumed hoping that it will neutralize the smoker smell. I cleaned and conditioned the leather. I think the leather conditioner overpowers all the smells together, which is nice.

Upvote 0

izarya

Theurgist Extraordinaire
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
Visit site
✟2,645.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hang in there! It is day 10 for me. I just went cold turkey, no patches, pills, or gum! It gets a little easier every day, though I am amazed at how addictive nicotine truely is! After 3 days the nicotine itself is supposedly out of your system chemically, but your body continues to crave it for 2-3 weeks. Read information about the negative effects of smoking to keep your focus. Like this!
WhyQuit.com has been a great resource for me.

Upvote 0