✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Pr 29:1"

297127_efa99311f52e95ac44f1c9e692c4dea6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIll
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Pr 29:22
An angry person stirs up conflict, and a hot tempered person commits many sins. NIV

My prayer for today.

I agree. It is a tragic horror when they, being stiff-necked, go to the grave spewing out rage and anger and hatred with their last breath.

Amen.

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

Stiff-necked.

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Pr 29:1

Reminds me of this verse:

"And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man" ~Gen 6:3

This is kinda' scary, isn't it?

It's a warning, and it should be lit up like a torch for us. God is saying that there will come a time when He will say enough is enough, and the door of grace closes, just like the door of the ark that God Himself closed.

Perhaps 'tis best to heed this warning while there is still time.

PROVERBS 29  stiff necked.jpg

• Agree
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

Fear of man.

We are like a wave of the sea, tossed to and fro' when we "fear man". We are unstable and incessantly and acutely aware of what "man" thinks of us.

Well when ya' think about it, it's a bit like "worship", isn't it? Rather than worship the living God, we're worshiping very flawed and fallen man, which is a sure recipe for mizzzzery and ultimate destruction.

What also comes to mind, is that when we "fear" (worship) man, we are in a "prison" of sorts, and in chains.

We cannot "fear" (worship) both.

"The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe." ~Pr 29:25

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding." ~Pr 9:10

288876_8f017ff7ee321a80cd44901072721419.jpg

Upvote 0

BaptistBibleBeliever

Brother Virgil
Site Supporter
Dec 6, 2018
McHenry
Visit site
✟41,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he” (Pro 29:18 KJV).

This verse is often used at mission’s conferences to convict a young man’s heart that he is needed out on the field because the heathen are dying and going to hell, and will continue to do so unless he surrenders his life and goes there. Often we also hear as a companion verse, “And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us” (Ac 16:9 KJV). Now, when God leads a missionary or a preacher to apply this verse in that way, God bless him and his message. Would to God that it would bear fruit and more men would respond to the missionary call.

However, this verse also speaks to the believer. No, certainly not is it speaking of eternal damnation as if a true believer can lose their salvation, for did not Jesus tell us that he gives us “eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand” (Jo 10:28, 29). If we fell out of the Saviour’s hand, we would fall into the Father’s hand, and He would put us right back in His Son’s hand. Salvation is eternal!

How can it be applied to Christians? It is possible to grow weak and powerless in our Christian lives. Here the idea of the word “perish” could be seen as “withering on the vine.” How is that possible? Through weak, anemic preaching of the Word of God. Pulpits today are filled with men that afraid to preach on sin. Churches are filled with people that have no fear of God and their lives reflect it. They don’t read their Bibles, they don’t pray to God for the filling of His Spirit for service, and they rarely plead the Blood for their cleansing from the filth of this world.

Paul wrote: “Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father” (Gal 1:3-4 KJV). Frankly, the majority of those that “name the name of Christ” refuse to “depart from iniquity” (II Timothy 2:19) and could be said to have lost the effectiveness of the present tense of their salvation. They are “in” the world, and sadly, for the time being, they are also “in” the world.

Father, encourage us today to walk close to You and Your Word, through the ministry of Your Word. Forgive us if we have strayed and cleanse us and fill us with Your Holy Spirit that we would not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. We thank You again for loving us. Amen.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

Fearing Man.
AKA: Fearing man rather than God.

When we are caught up/trapped in the "fear of man", we are literally "hostages" of it. Man's "opinion", which comes and goes like the tide, and is akin to the ups and downs of a roller coaster ride, leave us like a tumble weed, blowing about with the wind, and no "roots" or stability.

It's akin to a "curse".

How tragic to be trapped in such a deadly prison.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

Wisdom.
AKA: When God Sings.

It blesses God's very heart and it delights Him when we seek His Wisdom in His Word, and search for it as if we are searching for "hidden treasure". He promises us that when we do so, we WILL find it.

I don't know about you, but i WANT to HEAR and SEE God rejoicing over me with singing.

Amen?

"The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing." ~Zeph 3:17

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

Fearing Man.

"The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the Lord shall be safe." ~Pr 29:25

It is downright detrimental and dangerous for us to "fear man" rather than God. We can only "bow down" to one, either man, or God.

Most are fueled by/running on "fear", and it boils down to a bottom line of "fear of man", including the driving for to "impress" man.

How utterly tragic. It's another bondage, just as surely as being bound by "shackles".

iu

Upvote 0

TYDANI

Nov 25, 2019
FRANCE
✟1,038.00
Country
France
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
What applies to me today? -One thing that I take from this today is that habits are near to impossible to break and s snaptube telegram web o with our Children we have to be careful. And with ourselves we have to pray if our bad habits continue month after month. This is interesting because this Proverbs reading will be a great exercise to gain a good habit and hopefully one that will carry on for years!

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

Heeding God's Warning.

After warning after warning, and the one being warned does not heed God's Warning yet one more time, as the one warned remains "stiff-necked" (stubborn), God leaves them what they have "reaped" and that is the "fruits of destruction", and "death" and WITHOUT a "Remedy".

How TRAGIC is THAT???!!!

They insisted, and stay right there in Satan's grip, like "blinded" Kai in the Snow Queen, whose vision and perception was distorted as he "fought against" those who attempted to free him from his own demise.

God tells us right in His Word that He will NOT "always strive" with man. This was demonstrated in Noah's day, as he built the ark and preached, and they ridiculed him, rather than repenting. There comes a time when the door of grace will be closed by God Himself.

For now, that door of grace is open. Let's heed the warning and go through that door while we still can, amen?

God has strong words of warning that should shake us up, giving us a "wake up call". And those words are THESE regarding "stubbornness" and "rebellion" :

"For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry." ~I Sam 15:23

iu

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Proverbs 29:

Pompous, Stubborn, Rebellious Self Righteousness.

"He, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy." ~Pr 29:1

Those who are too "proud" and "contemptuous" to "hear" wise counsel, and spurns it contemptuously are walking into their own trap of ensnarement, forged by their own stubbornness and continued rebellion, that is based on "pride".

Tragic.

iu

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.