Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I get what you are saying. I’m not saying I want to marry him tomorrow but we have talked about it which makes me happy to know that he is thinking about marriage. What my mom and aunt suggest is that I not even date him they believe that I should break up with him because God hasn’t told me he’s the one for me and if I haven’t received confirmation from God then I’m wasting my time. That’s where it confuses me and I question should I keep dating him or am I disobeying God by not getting confirmation first and I should not be dating him?
Is this guy divorced or married? What do they know about him?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Neither. They know nothing about him. My mom doesn’t even want me talking to her about him unless God has told me or her that he is the one he chose for me otherwise she says I’m wasting my time and I’m setting myself up for failure.
Sounds like a teaching she picked up from somewhere that she hasn't been able to rightly apply to her own life. The blind leading the blind. Sadly, it does sound like talking to her about your relationship is a waste of time, at least for now. This doesn't mean the relationship is a waste of time.

Upvote 0