Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
So here's a long story short. There is a guy at work that talks to me in passing. We're in different departments so I don't often see him. I work in a call center type of environment so I'm glued to the phone.

Well a couple of months ago he says to me "We should go to the movies sometime" but never asked for my number.

A couple of times in passing he said "When are we going to that movie?" But he didn't stop to talk with me... it was literally in passing.

Last week we had a company meeting and although there were plenty of open seats, he asked to sit next to me. We couldn't say much to each other because it was a company meeting...

Then today he was leaving work, saw me coming back from lunch and came back into the building with me. He flirted and tease a bit but did not pounce on the opportunity to ask for my number.

So the question is... Should I have just offered him my number? Should I just allow him to pursue me if he is really interested? Or is the truth, he's just not that into me? HELP:confused:

PetLuv

CrazyVille, population: You
Feb 12, 2006
LaLa Land
✟11,575.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I would dismiss it as his way of being friendly. :)
With what you have described about his personality I think that if he were asking you on a date he would have asked for your number.

Also, I'm going to caution you to be careful about dating within your company. I've seen it go badly enough to never do it myself.

Upvote 0
T

twnsrkr

I would dismiss it as his way of being friendly. :)
With what you have described about his personality I think that if he were asking you on a date he would have asked for your number.

Also, I'm going to caution you to be careful about dating within your company. I've seen it go badly enough to never do it myself.

I thought you didn't dig guys?

Upvote 0

PetLuv

CrazyVille, population: You
Feb 12, 2006
LaLa Land
✟11,575.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I thought you didn't dig guys?

I date only men - I am not interested in dating at this time though.
I don't believe in romantic love, perhaps that was what you are thinking of.

Out of curiosity, what would that have to do with the post she made anyway?:confused:

I think it is that if I don't spend time in a dating situation with men I would be less likely to be able to read them.

Upvote 0

nick garai

Feb 21, 2013
Surrey, British Columbia
✟10,173.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Go up to him and give him your number. Maybe he is just shy and waiting to get a response from you. It probably isn't wise to date within the company though. I agree with this. It can get kind of messy if things don't work out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fenny the Fox

Apr 21, 2009
Rock Hill, SC
Visit site
✟23,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I think it is that if I don't spend time in a dating situation with men I would be less likely to be able to read them.

I kinda figure so as well. But that is silly, anyway: that is what I was going for.

Upvote 0

anewday

This girl is on fire.
Apr 24, 2010
Golden Coast
✟30,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So here's a long story short. There is a guy at work that talks to me in passing. We're in different departments so I don't often see him. I work in a call center type of environment so I'm glued to the phone.

Well a couple of months ago he says to me "We should go to the movies sometime" but never asked for my number.

A couple of times in passing he said "When are we going to that movie?" But he didn't stop to talk with me... it was literally in passing.

Last week we had a company meeting and although there were plenty of open seats, he asked to sit next to me. We couldn't say much to each other because it was a company meeting...

Then today he was leaving work, saw me coming back from lunch and came back into the building with me. He flirted and tease a bit but did not pounce on the opportunity to ask for my number.

So the question is... Should I have just offered him my number? Should I just allow him to pursue me if he is really interested? Or is the truth, he's just not that into me? HELP:confused:

Sounds like he is interested but too shy to actually take the initiative. If I were you, next time I see him I would as for HIS number so we could hang out and take it from there. Yeah, dating somebody who works for the same company would be tricky, but if nothing else you could at least see if there is potential with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not too concerned about dating someone from work (plus again we are in different departments). Most people have met their spouse at work. My parents met at work and were married for over 30 years until she passed away.

I'm not sure how to read him though. Part of me wants to put it out there and if we go out, great! If not, I can move on. I just don't want to be the pursuer... most guys that I end up chasing after never work out for me. I really wish he would try a little harder.

Upvote 0

stephanieamber

i am gonna love like you've never seen.
Jan 6, 2009
#upperleftusa
Visit site
✟14,418.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
can I just ask what the big deal is about getting a phone number? I think the fact that he's brought up the movie a few times in person is way more ballsier than getting your # and senselessly texting you.

Why not make a suggestion about when you're free to see a movie and see what happens? Perhaps he doesn't ask for your number because you're not giving him any reason to think you'd give it to him.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't. Date. Co-workers.

One couple of my office got married 13 years ago or so, it's still a good marriage and I know another couple from the office, who also have a good relationship for I think 8 years, but it's a big company and they work at different departments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

If he asks it again like making a joke, make a joke back: oh, tomorrow will be fine or something, or pick me up at 8 o 'clock. Don't know if that's wise, but that's what I should do if I liked him. But I wouldn't say: here's my number, only if he asks.

Upvote 0

Maka

Dec 4, 2012
✟21,686.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm not too concerned about dating someone from work (plus again we are in different departments). Most people have met their spouse at work. My parents met at work and were married for over 30 years until she passed away.

I'm not sure how to read him though. Part of me wants to put it out there and if we go out, great! If not, I can move on. I just don't want to be the pursuer... most guys that I end up chasing after never work out for me. I really wish he would try a little harder.

I'm clueless when it comes to reading guys. If part of you wants to put it out there then you should. It's not like he didn't show any interest at all. There was some interest in getting to know you, even if it's just as friends.

Upvote 0

septemberskies

You can find me on cloud no.9
Sep 16, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Visit site
✟19,453.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Democrat
can I just ask what the big deal is about getting a phone number? I think the fact that he's brought up the movie a few times in person is way more ballsier than getting your # and senselessly texting you.

Why not make a suggestion about when you're free to see a movie and see what happens? Perhaps he doesn't ask for your number because you're not giving him any reason to think you'd give it to him.
If I could rep this post twice I would. Maybe you're right and I can see it this way too. Good post.

Upvote 0