Dating Christian Style?

N

Nanopants

I don't think there is a clearly defined difference, except that there is *supposed to be* a reason for Christians to date other Christians.

It all depends, but from my perspective, partnering up with a non-Christian runs the risk of potential separation because of differences in faith, or being pulled away from the faith to remain with that person. Then obviously some will convert to the faith, but obviously missionary dating isn't going to make that happen. On the other hand, dating Christians could lead to the same risks since there are some who profess faith but either who fall away, fall from grace, and/or are false believers. So I'd say "Christian" isn't exactly a fool proof label to let you know who is safe or who you should date, but still I think it's just natural for Christians to want to be with someone who shares their deepest convictions and what not, and to think that would help determine the best match possible.

Upvote 0

PinkSweetart

Robots and rainbows, magic and mischief! ;)
Jan 27, 2008
:) <--- This smiley likes you.
✟34,095.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
^Christian dating is pretends to be clean.

Non-Christians tend to admit they're doing disgusting stuff.
I really like this!

But yeah, I really don't think there is a difference because no two people are alike. Even more so when it comes to relationships. I mean you have the stereotypes for both types, but that doesn't prove anything.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yep, that's because dating isn't christian.
Biblical is: ask God, ask permission to the father, marry and then get to know each other and meeting with others around, LOL with a veil.

Upvote 0

dmpeace

May 26, 2007
✟17,874.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Biblical is: ask God, ask permission to the father, marry and then get to know each other and meeting with others around, LOL with a veil.

True that, sanctify the Lord in your heart for dating = big difference.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Pretty much. From my experience growing up in the church, half the people do stuff the church wouldn't condone, the other half lie about it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CCHIPSS

Love will overcome evil (Romans 12:9-21)
Jul 10, 2014
Vancouver, BC
✟34,527.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
Ideal Christian Dating is:

God is my #1. My date is a wonderful gift from God.

If she doesn't believe in God, she is still a daughter of God that I must honour. If she believes in God, she is my sister in Christ that I must love. So I will love and honour her even if the dating doesn't work out.

And I don't want to take anything from her or take advantage of anything. I absolutely refuse to be her future regret no matter what. I pray that God will make me a blessing for her, a light in the darkness, from the beginning to the end.

Upvote 0
S

SummerGirl

I get what's trying to be said here... but I don't think that clean and disgusting are the right words. I've never really felt that pure or impure is correct either. Unless you're into some really strange things, physical intimacy is something wonderful and special. We're supposed to look at it as a connection so deep that it's meant to be shared with one other. That to me is something beautiful.

There are a lot of Christians that don't wait for that one person, and there are many that do, or at least give it their best effort. This is not an easy thing to do. There are also non-Christians that also wait because they see that connection as something special and beautiful as well. I've known a few.

I agree with those that say you can't generalize Christian and Non-Christian dating. It's different for each person because each of us is unique and we each see it our own way.

Upvote 0
S

SummerGirl

That's how things were done back in Biblical times. Nowhere in the Bible does it actually say this is how God intended for it to be done. Just saying. ;)

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox

There are cases where the dad does not know many guys his daughter's age that she doesn't introduce to him. Are you saying that is wrong?

And do you mean ask the dad's permission to marry or to court?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jupiter Drops

be like a flower and turn your face to the sun
Jan 20, 2012
✟21,341.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't think that there really is a "style," but I do know a few things when true Christians date each other: They are always respectful to each other, never cross any intense physical boundaries, are emotionally faithful and true to each other, try to be selfless, try to live up to what God wants for them, and are patient and kind to each other.

Otherwise, all the dating games look the same to me.

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
I don't think that there really is a "style," but I do know a few things when true Christians date each other: They are always respectful to each other, never cross any intense physical boundaries, are emotionally faithful and true to each other, try to be selfless, try to live up to what God wants for them, and are patient and kind to each other.

Otherwise, all the dating games look the same to me.

So Christian and dating. I guess that is what Christian dating looks like.

Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,390.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
And do you mean ask the dad's permission to marry or to court?

Hopefully just the former because doing the latter too is a bit overboard these days, I think most dads today would roll their eyes at a guy asking permission to date their daughter. At least if they're all adults.

Upvote 0