Dating before divorce

jingwei

May 16, 2004
✟8,138.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A typical Christian marriage is the oath of everlasting love until death. By divorcing you betray your husband and the Lord as witness.
Also, the basis of Christian and Hebrew marriage is joining of two flesh as one. There can be no one else because we are no longer hard hearted and primitive as the time of Moses. Mark 10.

Upvote 0

Thithy

It's my life...
May 18, 2004
Cheney, WA
✟15,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You asked for a biblical reason, here one is. According to Matthew 5:31,32 "'The law of Moses says, 'If anyone wants to be rid of his wife, he can divorce her merely by giving her a letter of dismissal.' 32 But I say that a man who divorces his wife, except for fornication, causes her to commit adultery if she marries again. And he who marries her commits adultery.'"

I don't know the grounds for why the 2 of you split up, but if it was for anything other than unfaithfulness (and I consider unfaithfulness to include not only affairs but also abuse of anykind), then I don't feel that you should date again, at all. Personal opinion. Yet it says in Romans that it is better to marry than to burn with lust (sorry I don't have an exact text, but I am not able to find it. I don't have my Bible with me, and so I'm having difficulties). I feel that this text could apply even after a divorce (one that happened for reasons other than marital unfaithfulness). So if you feel you must date/marry again, I would wait until the divorce is final, otherwise it would be commiting adultry, (at least in my opinion).

Upvote 0