Darwinian Evolution

What does the term "Darwinian Evolution" mean to you?

• Total voters

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Well, D.E. was a reasonable hypothesis in the 1850s. However when genetic code was discovered in should have been shelved. And the reason I debate against it is well, its wrong. Honestly, it isn't needed for anything.

Two things:
  1. The Theory of Evolution has come along way since Darwin's time.
  2. The modern Theory of Evolution is an applied science and companies even have filed patents based on it. In other words, it is used for things.
The fact that creationists don't know and/or dismiss the fact that modern evolution is an applied science speaks to how blind modern creationism is.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Bro. Otto

Mar 31, 2019
Northeast Pennsylvania
✟9,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh what the heck, one more video. This one is part of an excellent series. By the way, all of these videos provide links to sources on YouTube:

I've not known you to put effort into any reply. I actually thought I may get an answer or some kind of rational response and you post that? You post that? Videos??
The flagellum came from the T3SS? LOL.
Wow, no wonder you guys believe this: It helps a cell and POOF out of Darwin's magic cap it comes,....in video form. What's next, a Tex Avery cartoon on how a whale evolved? Always, ALWAYS so easy.
Darwin needed it simple. A warm pond and organic chemicals was all that was needed. Genetic code and the genome destroyed that.
Oh, and sorry I made the process a flagellum, I should have wrote elbow, then you may have had to work in a reply rather then post an unscientific video.
Listen, you once again, as with SLS in the past, have missed it all together; It has been established that mutations are not some treasure trove of evolutionary delights. With the safeguards of the genome I've listed previously we realized the few remaining ERRORS in the genome are MISTAKES, a failure of those correction enzymes.

[A little tangent: Which takes us to Gametes (the last bastion of hope for the atheist?) These DO NOT have replication safe guards. Meaning: ALL the damage and errors and mistakes the may suffer while on their trek to organismhood, remains. So we went from a cell to a whale with mistakes?]

Ok, back to the flagellum.
Excerpt from the link listed below:
Flagellar motor assembly involves in the region of sixty genes although the number varies from species to species (Chilcott and Hughes 2000). In enteric bacteria these genes are organised into a regulatory hierarchy of three classes(I–III). Class I gene products are transcriptional activators that are needed for the expression of class II genes, while class II genes are mainly involved in encoding structural proteins.The expression of class III genes is completely dependent on all the class II genes and is controlled by the expression of a protein know as FlgM (Liu and -3 -Matsumura 1994). Other bacteria posses‟similar regulatory hierarchies, for example a similar class system exists in Bacillus subtilis, although unlike enteric bacteriaa class I master regulator has yet to be conclusively identified (Barilla, Caramori et al. 1994).
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...links/0046353206e71bf945000000.pdf?inViewer=0

Wow, and your videos made it look so easy..................
Note: what I write applies to germ line and somatic cells alike.
The conundrum of errors rests with each.

So, we need approx 60 genes each at a minimalist length of 3000 base pairs a piece. This would be 180000 random mistakes being made through out a cell's evolution. Pray tell, what culls, collects, organizes and protects these budding genes (coding errors) from deletions, genetic drift and substitutions formed by mistakes over thousands (millions) of years? What MECHANISM does this? Of course, there is none. Where does the rules for its orientation come from? I mean, what keeps D.E. from placing the flagella inside the cell? And how does a cell know where to place the flagellum? Where and how is the gene regulation for that encoded? Let's face it. SLS, the geneticist, may say natural selection. But then I'd ask for evidence of this, and of course there is none: Just wishful thinking on the atheist's part.
I give it to you though, you make it sound oh so easy.
Odd, we KNOW the mechanisms which prevent evolution but not a clue as to how D.E. defeats it, except FAITH. And you guys have plenty of that.
Another thing...how is the regulatory system coded to work in unison with the new piece of machinery. I mean, a cell wouldn't need the flagellum to be "turned on" all the time would it? That's a waste of energy.
And all this being accomplished not by random mutations, but by an aggregate collection of sequencing errors due to outside contaminates?
You want to try and prove this is possible, scientifically?
Come on now, drink deeply of the cup of peer reviewed papers. Over two hundred of them, I am sure the answer rests within. Wink Wink.

The genome contains all that we are. All that we'll ever be.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I've not known you to put effort into any reply. I actually thought I may get an answer or some kind of rational response and you post that? You post that? Videos??
The flagellum came from the T3SS? LOL.
Wow, no wonder you guys believe this: It helps a cell and POOF out of Darwin's magic cap it comes,....in video form. What's next, a Tex Avery cartoon on how a whale evolved? Always, ALWAYS so easy.
Darwin needed it simple. A warm pond and organic chemicals was all that was needed. Genetic code and the genome destroyed that.
Oh, and sorry I made the process a flagellum, I should have wrote elbow, then you may have had to work in a reply rather then post an unscientific video.
Listen, you once again, as with SLS in the past, have missed it all together; It has been established that mutations are not some treasure trove of evolutionary delights. With the safeguards of the genome I've listed previously we realized the few remaining ERRORS in the genome are MISTAKES, a failure of those correction enzymes.

[A little tangent: Which takes us to Gametes (the last bastion of hope for the atheist?) These DO NOT have replication safe guards. Meaning: ALL the damage and errors and mistakes the may suffer while on their trek to organismhood, remains. So we went from a cell to a whale with mistakes?]

Ok, back to the flagellum.
Excerpt from the link listed below:
Flagellar motor assembly involves in the region of sixty genes although the number varies from species to species (Chilcott and Hughes 2000). In enteric bacteria these genes are organised into a regulatory hierarchy of three classes(I–III). Class I gene products are transcriptional activators that are needed for the expression of class II genes, while class II genes are mainly involved in encoding structural proteins.The expression of class III genes is completely dependent on all the class II genes and is controlled by the expression of a protein know as FlgM (Liu and -3 -Matsumura 1994). Other bacteria posses‟similar regulatory hierarchies, for example a similar class system exists in Bacillus subtilis, although unlike enteric bacteriaa class I master regulator has yet to be conclusively identified (Barilla, Caramori et al. 1994).
https://www.researchgate.net/profil...links/0046353206e71bf945000000.pdf?inViewer=0

Wow, and your videos made it look so easy..................
Note: what I write applies to germ line and somatic cells alike.
The conundrum of errors rests with each.

So, we need approx 60 genes each at a minimalist length of 3000 base pairs a piece. This would be 180000 random mistakes being made through out a cell's evolution. Pray tell, what culls, collects, organizes and protects these budding genes (coding errors) from deletions, genetic drift and substitutions formed by mistakes over thousands (millions) of years? What MECHANISM does this? Of course, there is none. Where does the rules for its orientation come from? I mean, what keeps D.E. from placing the flagella inside the cell? And how does a cell know where to place the flagellum? Where and how is the gene regulation for that encoded? Let's face it. SLS, the geneticist, may say natural selection. But then I'd ask for evidence of this, and of course there is none: Just wishful thinking on the atheist's part.
I give it to you though, you make it sound oh so easy.
Odd, we KNOW the mechanisms which prevent evolution but not a clue as to how D.E. defeats it, except FAITH. And you guys have plenty of that.
Another thing...how is the regulatory system coded to work in unison with the new piece of machinery. I mean, a cell wouldn't need the flagellum to be "turned on" all the time would it? That's a waste of energy.
And all this being accomplished not by random mutations, but by an aggregate collection of sequencing errors due to outside contaminates?
You want to try and prove this is possible, scientifically?
Come on now, drink deeply of the cup of peer reviewed papers. Over two hundred of them, I am sure the answer rests within. Wink Wink.

The genome contains all that we are. All that we'll ever be.
To date you have not been worth any effort. Those videos do demonstrate your errors.

You need to learn how to write a proper post. There is no need for excessive verbage. If you have a question then ask it properly. Leading questions with false assumptions in them are never proper questions. Your understanding of this appear to be nonexistent. If you can ask proper questions I will put more effort into answering them.

Try again.

EDIT: And I did not just link videos. If you wanted more information I told you what you could have done with all three videos. They all link the papers that they are based upon. The first links a very very long paper that itself links over 200 peer reviewed articles that it is based upon. Your complaints are groundless.

Upvote 0

Bro. Otto

Mar 31, 2019
Northeast Pennsylvania
✟9,972.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To date you have not been worth any effort. Those videos do demonstrate your errors.

You need to learn how to write a proper post. There is no need for excessive verbage. If you have a question then ask it properly. Leading questions with false assumptions in them are never proper questions. Your understanding of this appear to be nonexistent. If you can ask proper questions I will put more effort into answering them.

Try again.

EDIT: And I did not just link videos. If you wanted more information I told you what you could have done with all three videos. They all link the papers that they are based upon. The first links a very very long paper that itself links over 200 peer reviewed articles that it is based upon. Your complaints are groundless.

A video may be based on evidence, then it may not. You should have quoted and linked the research papers you claim hold the evidence.
As it stands now, yours is just another post without substance.
Not surprised.
Have a nice day. Peace.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟329,323.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
SLS, the geneticist, may say natural selection. But then I'd ask for evidence of this, and of course there is none: Just wishful thinking on the atheist's part.

Just FYI, but sfs is a Christian.

The whole evolution debate is not about atheism. It never was.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
A video may be based on evidence, then it may not. You should have quoted and linked the research papers you claim hold the evidence.
As it stands now, yours is just another post without substance.
Not surprised.
Have a nice day. Peace.
Once again if you want such a response you need to ask proper questions. The videos are based upon evidence. But you did not check out the links at all. At this point me doing any more than I have already done would amount to me doing your homework for you. If you ask proper questions you will get a more thorough answer. You are blaming others for your own faults.

Upvote 0

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟293,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
He wasn't only slightly wrong he was completely wrong.

Darwin was correct in his suggestions regarding the fossil record.

The idea that there ought to be a succession that would corroborate his ideas relating to common descent. Which it, in later years, has been demonstrated time and time again to do so.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟293,810.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
He wasn't only slightly wrong he was completely wrong.

Darwin didn't include any discussion about genetics since that was unknown to him. But he did realise that some mechanism of carrying traits from parent to offspring had to exist. Even without being able to detect genes, the evidence for a mechanism of some kind is incredibly strong. Even though Darwin didn't know what was causing it, he knew the effects were present and he could describe the effects.

Upvote 0