South-east
✟17,940.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let me repeat. Science is in a constant quest for the truth. End of story. No more, no less. The physical sciences are contantly tested against observations from the physical universe. Constantly. all sciences agree on the Earth being about 4 billion years old. The science that now supports evolution is now very deep with understanding.

When some Christians argue against evolution .. it is immediately obvoius that they DON'T even understand what that theory says. Before you argue against an idea, please take the time to understand it thoroughly. For example, buy a copy of the book ... Biology In Focus by Campbell. Read the whole book. Then come back and talk about what evolutuon says. And keep in mind that this book was literally written and reviewed by hundreds of the world's best biologists.

I could care less if Darwin chose to be an atheist. I am not limited by his notions about God.

Christians need to get out of the dark ages.
Seriously!!
You do realise that science operates under the a priori assumption of naturalism.

Therefore, if any interpretation of data could point to God, it is invalid.

How in the world do you expect that science can come up with the truth when God is the Creator, if it by definition cannot accept that as a conclusion?

Well done on taking man's word over God's by the way.

Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,256.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, a quick background on my POV and biases... I would like to state upfront that I am a YEC (Young Earth Creationist) and believe Genesis is actual history and not myth or metaphors. I converted from being an atheist in my mid 20's and, as a young Christian, held on to the secular based Old Earth/Universe views I had been taught all my life and became a theistic evolutionist... until I ran across some YEC books, etc. I now feel theistic evolution is a compromise of God's Word and has serious theological difficulties with sin and death before Adam and Eve fell from grace.
I think the creationist scientists are mostly correct, or are at least usually on the right path, a lot more of the time than the evolutionary POV, whether theistic or non-theistic.
I am NOT a scientist or achedimic, and I do not try to pretend I am. I have always been interested in science and do a lot of reading... I am retired now and no longer try to read the technical journals or keep up with them. My background is more technical in mechanical engineering.

This post is about the possibility that Dark Matter postulate may have been falsified... twice. If this is true, this would have enormous impact on what has become the default explanative force behind almost everything that happens in the cosmos... i.e., gravity. I am sure some sort of 'ad hoc' will come forth from the "gravity centric" crowd (both evolutionist and creationist) with some new but little understood mechanism of correcting for the new studies findings which would falsify gravity as the main force behind the existence of everything from small accretions to solar systems to galaxy clusters.

An alternate force other than gravity has been proposed for a while, but has been pushed aside by those "in power" in the achedimic community. That force is found in the the most common form of matter in the universe, the fourth state of mater, plasma. Where plasma exists, electro-magnetic fields exist... and those are thousands of times stronger than gravity.

I would like to present a video explaining the history of the development of the "dark matter" explanation and what the recent test show to indicate that "dark matter" is no longer viable:
Dark Matter Falsified — Again? | Space News – The Thunderbolts Project ™

If the forces produced by plasma are indeed the main forces in the universe instead of gravity, then all the Big Bang theories are wrong and so are the gravity driven theories of creationists like Humphreys.

Creationist Barry Setterfield hosts the video, which is well made. Some may remember him from the CDK controversy (the decay of the speed of light, noted as C in physics equations). He has advanced things since then, but the video is not really about his work.

As a fellow YEC I must admit I kind of liked the theory of dark matter. Afterall didn't God create the things that are seen from the things that are not seen to paraphrase Hebrews. But the video seems to list an impressive list of doubts in the scientific world as a whole to the theory and it seems like many of these grand theories to lack any supporting experimental evidence. But this new theory of plasma being the reason - electro magnetic forces more primary than gravity at the galactic level is also a little speculative. Though since the video could provide some supporting data it seems more credible than dark matter. Of course what ever advances our true understanding is cool. But my question to you is apart from knowing the truth does it really matter from a creationist perspective. Or is it just that the dark matter theory was a prop to the Big Bang Theory. Think I am missing something here.

Upvote 0