Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The teenager told police that she was attacked in central Sønderborg on Wednesday at around 10pm by a dark-skinned English-speaking man. She said the man knocked her to the ground and then unbuttoned her pants and attempted to undress her.

The girl was able to save herself from further assault by using pepper spray on the attacker, but now she may be the one who ends up in legal trouble.

“It is illegal to possess and use pepper spray, so she will likely be charged for that,” local police spokesman Knud Kirsten told TV Syd.

The case has sparked a backlash among some Danes who point to increasing reports of sexual harassment in Sønderborg and other Danish cities at the same time that police say they are stretched too thin to properly carry out their duties.

http://www.thelocal.dk/20160126/dan...ttacker-with-pepper-spray-now-shell-face-fine

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟912,605.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Twisted, huh?

Not really. I think it is dumb to ban pepper spray but that is a separate issue. If you could use cocaine in self defense it would not suddenly make possessing to cocaine in the first place legal.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Twisted, huh?
It is. People have every right to defend themselves against rape and assault (and pepper spray should not be illegal). I have a feeling more and more women will be obtaining these 'illegal' substances in order to defend themselves.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
When my grandmother lived in California, she had a small squeeze bottle filled with Tabasco sauce in her purse. She would always say to me “possession of a condiment is not against the law”.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
When my grandmother lived in California, she had a small squeeze bottle filled with Tabasco sauce in her purse. She would always say to me “possession of a condiment is not against the law”.
Perhaps carry around a ghost pepper infusion...

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Ghost peppers are 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce.
Make sure the container is 100% leak proof. A tobasco mishap in a purse on the bus can be contained, a ghost pepper mishap might be called a chemical warfare attack.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is. People have every right to defend themselves against rape and assault (and pepper spray should not be illegal). I have a feeling more and more women will be obtaining these 'illegal' substances in order to defend themselves.
Agreed. I have a friend that has a small air horn (size of a cigarette pack).

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I remember right, in India they have peppers which terrorist control researchers have studied and experimented with, to see how effective they could be for shooting the stuff into a space where there are terrorists, in order to non-lethally subdue them.

Also . . . in the supermarket . . . I have seen peppers or something, products of Chile and Peru, maybe . . . and there is a warning on the package not to let the peppers touch your skin. Now that is being inclusive, to sell something like that from another country.

I can just see the smoking pocketbook, and then the hole opening up . . . through the leather which is skin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
If I remember right, in India they have peppers which terrorist control researchers have studied and experimented with, to see how effective they could be for shooting the stuff into a space where there are terrorists, in order to non-lethally subdue them.

Also . . . in the supermarket . . . I have seen peppers or something, products of Chile and Peru, maybe . . . and there is a warning on the package not to let the peppers touch your skin. Now that is being inclusive, to sell something like that from another country.

I can just see the smoking pocketbook, and then the hole opening up . . . through the leather which is skin.

Who would'a thought peppers could be such an effective deterrent? ^_^

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟587,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's like a fog horn, but you can hold it in your hand.

It can be pretty loud . . . enough to get attention, and I suppose if you aim it straight at someone, it could disable the person with such loud noise so nearby.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
It's like a fog horn, but you can hold it in your hand.

It can be pretty loud . . . enough to get attention, and I suppose if you aim it straight at someone, it could disable the person with such loud noise so nearby.

LOL! Ingenius :D

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟174,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Also . . . in the supermarket . . . I have seen peppers or something, products of Chile and Peru, maybe . . . and there is a warning on the package not to let the peppers touch your skin.

Heed this information to not touch them directly. I learned that the hard way and I was even trying to be careful. My chili was awesome, but the minor burns I gave myself were not awesome.

Upvote 0