Dallas/Ft Worth
✟78,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
JESUS confirmed the prophecy of Malachi 4:5, revealing for His disciples according Matthew 17:10-13:
You misunderstood this bro

10 The disciples asked JESUS, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?
The scribes are not wrong and Jesus never said they were wrong but confirmed their teachings to be true

11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
Jesus said the truth is he will come and restore all things

12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.
But I’m their time a Elijah type has come and they killed him implies Elijah when he comes will be killed too

13 Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.

There see ….we, like the disciples must understand what Jesus was saying

They understood that Jesus was talking about John

They understand he is using a figure of speech
A type and shadow

John is john
Elijah is Elijah
John is not Elijah and Elijah is not john

Was Jesus the father was the father Jesus? No it’s types and shadows

Jesus came in the name of the father

The theory you are believing is not of yours certainly, I say this because in fact it is a false interpretation of the Word of GOD of those who believed not in JESUS, that's an invention of the spirit of error, spirit of deceit, therefore, it's a false prophecy and will NEVER be fulfilled, but NEVER, because is not true.
But if you cannot accept this truth I cannot continue on this subject with you
Peace to you

Upvote 0

sparow

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2014
✟489,764.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I totally agree on the 457 BC starting date for the decree of Artaxerxes, which was a continuation of and completion of Cyrus' original decree. The temple was built right away by Zerubbabel, but the completion of the city didn't take place until after Ezra and Nehemiah continued in a more complete restoration of temple worship, and Artaxerxes determined to allow a complete rebuilding of the city of Jerusalem.

This takes us to the 3.5 year earthly ministry of Jesus, and ends with his being "cut off." Our only point of difference may be the idea that 3.5 years remained to be fulfilled to complete the 70th Week. But I see no need for the 70th Week to be a complete week, since the 70 Weeks were fulfilled in the cutting off of the Messiah in the 70th Week.

The prophecy indicated that a "ruler to come" would direct his people, an army, to destroy Jerusalem and the temple. This would be the "abomination of desolation," in my understanding. That's how the Church Fathers saw it, and that's how I see it.

I'm not a Preterist, but I do believe the Preterists are right that at least half of the Olivet Discourse had to do with the Roman Army being the AoD in 66-70 AD, leading to the destruction of the city and the sanctuary. This would lead to an age-long experience of Jewish Punishment, to precede their final restoration at the 2nd Coming of Christ.

Just sharing, brother! ;)

Does not history reveal that the temple was destroyed by Assyrian conscripts against the orders of their Roman commanders, and scripture reveals Jesus was the authority behind it.

We might wonder what was wrong with Jerusalem and the temple that warranted their destruction. My suggestion is They did not build what Jesus wanted. What Jesus (the Word of God) wanted was to reconcile the tribes of Israel; the rebuilding was to be with people and their relationship with God. God said, “I am going to build a house and the name of the house is Israel”. So Jesus sets about to do the job Himself, and He builds the New Jerusalem, with Himself as the corner stone and the twelve apostles as the foundation, and every person who enters in is a masonry component.

There are four commands, three to rebuild Jerusalem , one to rebuild the temple; each are important. If counting starts at the fourth command, I vaguely remember arrives at when Jesus rides the donkey into Jerusalem, fulfilling one of the many prophesies and promises that constitute confirming the covenant.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟360,005.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is that what they are doing now is this forum? is this the new trend?

When one doesn’t believe ones interpretation they fall in the category of following satan and lies ???

Sad
Yes, that seems to be the case. Also, quoting foolish person psassages when there is disagreement instead of just sticking to the topic at hand.

Reactions: dfw69
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟114,874.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Never believe anyone that tells you something you have said is false without telling you why it is false. They show no interest in your edification.
What does the Word of GOD say? The Word is GOD, understand?

Discerning spirits is a gift - 1 Corinthians 12:10. Concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.

1John 4:1 warned us, saying:
-
1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of GOD: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

1 Timothy 4:1-2:-

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy;
having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

2 Timothy 4:3-4:-
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Ephesians 6:11-12:-

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the Devil.
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

JESUS warned, saying: Matthew 24:v.24-25:-

24 For there shall arise false Christs,
and false prophets(false preachers of the Word of GOD), and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25 Behold, I have told you before.

Upvote 0