Passing Through
✟458,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You're associating transsexualism with degeneracy. I have every right to call that out as hateful and cruel.

If only you were more concerned about your own moral failings and not the perceived failings of others, perhaps your own moral compass would not be so broken.
No, I am not. Nor can you show where I do that, because it didn't happen. I merely state that the expected course of events - in a large number of areas, actually, not simply sexuality issues - are occurring.

Your deflection will not work here. Read what scripture says about this, and you will determine where your compass is.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No, I am not. Nor can you show where I do that, because it didn't happen. I merely state that the expected course of events - in a large number of areas, actually, not simply sexuality issues - are occurring.

Your deflection will not work here. Read what scripture says about this, and you will determine where your compass is.

What scriptures? I do not share your religious beliefs about the Bible.

My moral compass is determined by the principles of non-harm and reciprocity, as all wise teachers have taught through the ages, and which are self-evidently known to be true through reason alone. Yours are based on your own personal interpretation of an arbitrary selection of alleged commandments in an equally arbitrary selection of books supposedly inspired by a middle eastern deity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What scriptures? I do not share your religious beliefs about the Bible.

My moral compass is determined by the principles of non-harm and reciprocity, as all wise teachers have taught through the ages, and which are self-evidently known to be true through reason alone. Yours are based on your own personal interpretation of an arbitrary selection of alleged commandments in an equally arbitrary selection of books supposedly inspired by a middle eastern deity.
Ahh, well, then there is no basis on which to discuss this, if you simply make your own rules according to your own desires. My mistake.

Who defines "harm" is critical.

And it is not personal interpretation, by the way.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Ahh, well, then there is no basis on which to discuss this, if you simply make your own rules according to your own desires. My mistake.

The principles I adhere to are far older and more universal than yours are.

Who defines "harm" is critical.

The fact you even imply it's in doubt shows how flawed and broken your "moral compass" is. Here's a hint, develop some empathy for your fellow human beings.

And it is not personal interpretation, by the way.

Sure it is. Not taking personal responsibility for your beliefs is intellectually dishonest.

• Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well. As long as it runs fine I don't care to look under the hood of any car that's not mine.

But what if they want to use the same gas station as you??!!

• Haha
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat

Unless you are a Republican congressman in a Minnesota airport, you don't usually go to a bathroom to check out other peoples private parts.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Unless you are a Republican congressman in a Minnesota airport, you don't usually go to a bathroom to check out other peoples private parts.

I take it that you are unfamiliar with the procedure for asking the guy in the next stall for some extra toilet paper when your stall doesn’t have any. I hope that you never have to experience this. How did you get this from car talk?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I take it that you are unfamiliar with the procedure for asking the guy in the next stall for some extra toilet paper when your stall doesn’t have any. I hope that you never have to experience this. How did you get this from car talk?

Craig pleaded guilty in August 2007 as part of a plea bargain, meaning he acknowledged he was in the bathroom cruising for sex.

Upvote 0

Foamhead

I like water
Aug 27, 2005
✟42,341.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
Oh, I don't know... maybe....because.....a politician identified as transgender will likely encourage and promote policy and law that creates and enforces serious penalties for those who are not inclined to endorse ill thinking and perception, such as a teacher being fired for refusing to use a person's preferred pronoun.

Virginia high school teacher fired for refusing to use transgender student's new pronouns

Just how little do you favor liberty of conscience and a correspondence view of reality?

He should be fired because he was being rude and disrespectful to the student. He doesn't get to decide for others who they are. When you are at work you follow the rules and guidelines of your employer. If you don't like them or they violate your "deeply held religious beliefs" then get a new career.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I only pay attention to my own car and the pump I'm using, lol. What other folks are doing at the gas station is their own business.

Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The principles I adhere to are far older and more universal than yours are.

The fact you even imply it's in doubt shows how flawed and broken your "moral compass" is. Here's a hint, develop some empathy for your fellow human beings.

Sure it is. Not taking personal responsibility for your beliefs is intellectually dishonest.
No, your principles decidedly do not predate:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. 3And God said, “Let there be light,”a and there was light. 4And seeing that the light was good, God separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.”

And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day"

I possess enough empathy to speak the truth in love. Not to speak hate disguised as "truth", and claim I'm being responsible.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well. As long as it runs fine I don't care to look under the hood of any car that's not mine. Pretty much have got that same attitude with the LBGT folks.
Most do.

But there are some who will not let that be sufficient, that you do you, and I do me. They instead demand enthusiastic and public approval for said activities.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,263,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
No, your principles decidedly do not predate:

"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2Now the earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the surface of the waters. 3And God said, “Let there be light,”a and there was light. 4And seeing that the light was good, God separated the light from the darkness. 5God called the light “day,” and the darkness He called “night.”

And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day"

Why should that have any significance to me? I don't believe in your holy book or your religion. That's just words, as far as I am concerned, a mythological story.

I possess enough empathy to speak the truth in love.

There's nothing loving about characterizing transgender people as a sign of the end times. That's hate, not love. And if you think your god insists on that, then you have a god of hate.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I just don't find presuppositionalism persuasive. One might as well say you can't have any standards for logic without believing in the Flying Spaghetti Monster. In the end, your choice of religion is just as arbitrary when it comes down to whether it "justifies" logic.

Logic is not a skyhook for old-time Christian fundamentalism, that's not how that works.
Persuasion aside, you still understand the necessity of absolutes.

Of course religion and science--or any faith based worldview, such as your own--does not provide the justification (empirical verification) of apparently foundational truths, such as logical truths. But again such non-psychical truth's inaccessibility to the hard sciences does nothing to negate or minimize their necessity for any societal progress and public debate.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Here's a hint, develop some empathy for your fellow human beings.
You should show more respect for other members of this site and certainly more respect for this sites TOS. Seriously, stop attaching the character of other members. It comes across a petulant.

Upvote 0

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟458,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why should that have any significance to me? I don't believe in your holy book or your religion. That's just words, as far as I am concerned, a mythological story.

There's nothing loving about characterizing transgender people as a sign of the end times. That's hate, not love. And if you think your god insists on that, then you have a god of hate.
Actually, your worship of the creation instead of the Creator is what is mythological.

You are missing the entire point. No one is "characterizing transgender people" specifically as a sign of the end as if it is their fault, or something. The rise of this behavior is merely one of many markers, as are many other behaviors we see today.

The precursor of the end is disordered relationships, not just one kind. Man to God, Children to Parents, Husbands to Wives, one man (or woman) to taking advantage of others as friends, in business, etc. Paul writes that society will be characterized by rejection of God and worship of man (meaning man's own desires that contradict what God said, not literally bowing down to worship some man).

Romans 1 characterizes how the world has grown darker and will continue to do so:

Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

Jesus returns when we are in what is like "the days of Noah".

You can scoff all you want, but it will come to pass. Pay attention.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.