Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Those are nice scriptures but bible words do not convey priesthood authority, because:
Hebrews 5:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

IOW you do not just get to decide that you are worthy to preach and baptize people, you do not take this priesthood honor upon yourself, you must be called of God as was Aaron, being ordained by Moses, with the laying on of hands. This is the model. This keeps order in the church so people can't just go willy-nilly teaching their gospel and baptizing.

Bible words mean nothing to those who do not hold the bible as the word of God. To all others---they are what we go by!
Mat 18:19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes, this is the end of "the restitution of all things" that started in 1830 and will end I hope in just a few years.

First the true church had to be restored in order to get things ready for the new Jerusalem to come down out of heaven. The priesthood had to be restored and the world needed to be taught the gospel and baptized. Not just for the living, but for the dead.

Things are moving fast to that end day, but there will be certain things happen on this earth that will prepare it and the people who are living on earth and in the spirit world for the second coming. It will be glorious.

Things are moving to the end---The end brings this:

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
No human can save another, no human can forbid into haven any other, no ritual saves, no commandment saves---JESUS ALONE SAVES.

What you say is just untrue. Peter and the apostles were given the keys of the kingdom of heaven from Jesus. They had the power to bind and loose and Jesus/heaven recognized it as done. Jesus even gave Peter and the apostles the right to judge people after death, whether they would be saved or not.
Matthew 19:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

So yes, Jesus is the final arbitrator of your salvation, but many holy priesthood men are between you and him. Sorry Luther.

The expressions “shall be bound in Heaven” and “shall be loosed in Heaven” are examples in Greek [original language of the New Testament] of the periphrastic future perrfect passive construction and should, therefore, be translated “shall have been bound already” and “shall have been loosed already” in Heaven. In other words, Peter’s pronouncement of “binding” or “loosing” is dependent upon what Heaven has already willed rather than upon earth’s giving direction to Heaven. (CRISWELL STUDY BIBLE, p. 1134)

Good research, but it is tainted with protestant bias that is just too noticeable. Jesus gave Peter and the apostles this authority to control the church and its growth, and to direct heaven as to how to proceed. The apostles gave this aurthority to local elders and to bishops, bishops to deacons and others. It is the leaders of this organization that did have the power to excommunicate a member from the church. Jesus/Heaven recognized this excommunication and took their names out of the book of life. Jesus/Heaven also recognizes a new membership into his church and adds their name to the book of life, but only from authorized representatives with proper authority. This keeps order in the church.

Whatever is bound on earth will be bound in heaven, whatever is loosed on earth will be loosed in heaven is the standard translation. the Christian Standard Bible (CEB) does translate it that "whatever shall have been bound already".
This translation was a 1995 translation and certainly has has a Christian protestant bias that by-passes priesthood authority. I will stick to the standard translation.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Things are moving to the end---The end brings this:

2Pe_3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe_3:12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
Like I say, the end is moving fast toward us, we must be ready for it. I am sure we will be surprised that it is here.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
He absolutely did. See post #227. Do you have anything to say to that? Your gods apparently need something in order to become God, as per JS' theology. How is that not a different God than the one of the Bible, who said that He is "I AM", not "I will become/have become since getting the priesthood"?
You are assuming that Jesus Christ did not need to overcome the world and be perfected, however Jesus said He did:
(New Testament | John 16:33)

33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
(New Testament | Luke 13:32)

32 And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.

And there are other scriptures:

(New Testament | Luke 2:52)

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.

(New Testament | Matthew 3:13 - 15)

13 ¶ Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me?
15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him.

(New Testament | Philippians 2:5 - 6)

5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

We believe that Jesus is the God of the Bible.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
'No, I don't. The traditional Christ of whom they speak is not the Christ of whom I speak. For the Christ of whom I speak has been revealed in this the Dispensation of the Fullness of Times. He together with His Father, appeared to the boy Joseph Smith in the year 1820, and when Joseph left the grove that day, he knew more of the nature of God than all the learned ministers of the gospel of the ages.'" (LDS Church News Week ending June 20, 1998, p. 7).

Your god is one of flesh and bones that has not only a grandfather but a great, great, great, great...….great grandfather---all still living.
(New Testament | Luke 24:38 - 40)

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
He said non-Mormons don't worship God.

“Many men say there is one God; the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are only one God. I say that is a strange God anyhow—three in one, and one in three! It is a curious organization anyhow. All are to be crammed into one God, according to sectarianism. It would make the biggest God in all the world. He would be a wonderfully big God—he would be a giant or a monster.”
(Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 372; History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 476)
You said: "He said non-Mormons don't worship God." No, he didn't say that either. One thing I do know is that Elohim is plural.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What you say is just untrue. Peter and the apostles were given the keys of the kingdom of heaven from Jesus. They had the power to bind and loose and Jesus/heaven recognized it as done. Jesus even gave Peter and the apostles the right to judge people after death, whether they would be saved or not.
Matthew 19:28 King James Version (KJV)
28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

So yes, Jesus is the final arbitrator of your salvation, but many holy priesthood men are between you and him. Sorry Luther.

Good research, but it is tainted with protestant bias that is just too noticeable. Jesus gave Peter and the apostles this authority to control the church and its growth, and to direct heaven as to how to proceed. The apostles gave this aurthority to local elders and to bishops, bishops to deacons and others. It is the leaders of this organization that did have the power to excommunicate a member from the church. Jesus/Heaven recognized this excommunication and took their names out of the book of life. Jesus/Heaven also recognizes a new membership into his church and adds their name to the book of life, but only from authorized representatives with proper authority. This keeps order in the church.

Whatever is bound on earth will be bound in heaven, whatever is loosed on earth will be loosed in heaven is the standard translation. the Christian Standard Bible (CEB) does translate it that "whatever shall have been bound already".
This translation was a 1995 translation and certainly has has a Christian protestant bias that by-passes priesthood authority. I will stick to the standard translation.

I realize you believe that your keys and priesthood and rituals save----the bible says otherwise---JESUS ALONE SAVES. No one contradicts what Jesus says. What do you think Jesus is doing now--as our High Priest in the Heavenly sanctuary? He takes each individual and He places His shed blood on the person that has taken Him as His God and thus covers his sins with His righteousness. He started with those that died first and has been working His way forward. The saved are written in the Book of Life. Then
When He is done He will say "IT IS DONE." His High Priest duties will be at an end. That is when He says:
Rev_22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

No one can change thier mind then---all will have made their permanent decisions.

You baptisms for the dead do nothing. Jesus alone pleads His blood be on the saved---Not Peter not any priest, Not JS has a say in the matter for Jesus alone knows the heart. Not even a spouce or parent or sibling knows another's hidden thoughts---certainly no priest. He alone can know and cover anyone with His righteousness--no one else can do it for Him. Luther was right.

Upvote 0

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟430,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

What does Luther have to do with anything?

Good research, but it is tainted with protestant bias that is just too noticeable. Jesus gave Peter and the apostles this authority to control the church and its growth, and to direct heaven as to how to proceed.

What? Peter is telling heaven what to do? Uh...Peter1000...are you sure you're not Roman Catholic? :p Just kidding, of course; I don't think your average Roman Catholic would agree with this idea, either. It's pretty out there. Christ may have given Peter and then the rest of the apostles this authority, but it does not in any way supersede His own.

It's an imperfect analogy, but when your boss makes you a mid-level manager, you still answer to him. You don't get to go mad with the power he has given you and start to tell the entire organization what to do.

The apostles gave this aurthority to local elders and to bishops, bishops to deacons and others.

No. I guarantee you that my local bishop does not have the authority to tell heaven what to do, or to control the growth of the Church (if he did, why would the Church not be much larger, more well known, etc.), and it has nothing to do with him not being Mormon, because the men you call 'bishops' in your religion have no control over such things, either. Again, if they did, why can they apparently not control the religious demographics of even Salt Lake County, which is just one place but also arguably the geographic heart of your religious organization? That's right: Salt Lake County is now minority Mormon, according to the Salt Lake City Tribune (which got its numbers from the LDS Church itself). Do you mean to tell me that they want the heartland of their religion to lose its Mormon majority? They could control it, but they just don't want to?

It is the leaders of this organization that did have the power to excommunicate a member from the church. Jesus/Heaven recognized this excommunication and took their names out of the book of life.

The historical Christian Church says no to this as well. St. John Chrysostom was excommunicated at the Synod of the Oak (403 AD). We know that he was quickly rehabilitated, as by 428 AD his relics were enshrined at the Church of the Holy Apostles in Constantinople.

Even figures that are not considered saints can be good examples of how wrong you are (just to prove that it's not about how great this guy or that guy is). The British monk Pelagius, who has to his ignominious 'credit' the teachings which formed the basis of the heresy of Pelagianism (that man can be saved by just being really, really morally good, without the divine assistance of God), was once called before a synod in Jerusalem to defend his beliefs, and walked away being exonerated. Apparently he did not fight for the heresy of which he was accused, and so since he and the bishops could agree as to what the right faith is (or at least that it was not that of which he was accused), they did not excommunicate him. He's still not a saint, and he's still technically considered a heresiarch, but it remains an open question as to what he died believing. The same can be argued about many other early Christians, such as the great scholar Origen, who was certainly condemned by bishops both during his lifetime and afterwards, but there is also a question as to how much of the heresy known as Origenism is directly his fault, and how much is some of his students taking some of his messy cosmological ideas too far after his death. (Some people also try to say that about Nestorius, Theodore of Mopsuestia, etc., but their error is clearly Christological in nature, and harder to navigate around, since it is considerably later than Origen, and was clearly both fought against by the Orthodox like HH St. Cyril of Alexandria and others, and defended at length by those of what would become the Church of the East, the Christians living mostly in the Persian empire whose Christology stressed an absolute division of the natures of divinity and humanity within the person of Christ; this was at the heart of Nestorius' unwillingness to confess the Orthodox Christological title of Theotokos, or 'Bearer of God', with reference to St. Mary. So I feel that Nestorius and his party is a much more clear cut case.)

Anyway, point is, no, that's not how it works. That's not how it works with people who Christianity accepts, and it's not even how it works with questionable people, either.

Jesus/Heaven also recognizes a new membership into his church and adds their name to the book of life, but only from authorized representatives with proper authority. This keeps order in the church.

Jesus/Heaven? Jesus is heaven? Alright then...

This is so incredibly strange and weirdly dependent on idea of the Mormon organization being projected onto heaven that I don't even know what to say. Someone else can take this one, because I'm starting to get a headache and I think I need to lay down.

When your doctrine is entirely dependent on which English translation of the Bible you use, watch out -- it's probably not actually supported by the historical reading of the text.

To that point, the aforementioned St. John Chrysostom completely contradicts you on the meaning of the apostles judging the twelve tribes of Israel in his 64th homily on Matthew, when he writes:

But what is, "Judging the twelve tribes of Israel"? This is, "condemning them." For they are not surely to sit as judges, but like as He said the Queen of the South should condemn that generation, and the Ninevites shall condemn them; so now these also. Therefore He said not, the nations, and the world, but the tribes of Israel. For since both the Jews alike and the apostles had been brought up under the same laws, and customs, and polity; when the Jews said, that for this cause they could not believe in Christ, because the law forbade to receive His commandments, by bringing forward these men, who had received the same law, and yet had believed, He condemns all those; like as even already He had said, "therefore they shall be your judges." (Matthew 12:27)​

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
(New Testament | Luke 24:38 - 40)

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
40 And when he had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet.

You quote scripture, but you do not really comprehend it.

Luk_24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Your God the Father is flesh and bones---Only Jesus is now flesh and bones. He was spirit before He became flesh. He keeps His flesh--God the Father is still spirit.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You quote scripture, but you do not really comprehend it.

Luk_24:39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Your God the Father is flesh and bones---Only Jesus is now flesh and bones. He was spirit before He became flesh. He keeps His flesh--God the Father is still spirit.
John 4:24 is one of the incorrect scriptures. Joseph Smith received the correct verse through revelation:

(New Testament | John 4:23-24)

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
JST 24 For unto such hath God promised his Spirit. And they who worship him, must worship in spirit and in truth.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
John 4:24 is one of the incorrect scriptures. Joseph Smith received the correct verse through revelation:

(New Testament | John 4:23-24)

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
JST 24 For unto such hath God promised his Spirit. And they who worship him, must worship in spirit and in truth.

Of course he changed the verse---he had to for it disproves his believes about God.

New International Version
God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

New Living Translation
For God is Spirit, so those who worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.”

English Standard Version
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Berean Study Bible
God is Spirit, and His worshipers must worship Him in spirit and in truth.”

Berean Literal Bible
God is Spirit, and it behooves those worshiping Him to worship in spirit and truth."

New American Standard Bible
"God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

King James Bible
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Christian Standard Bible
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in Spirit and in truth."

Contemporary English Version
God is Spirit, and those who worship God must be led by the Spirit to worship him according to the truth.

Good News Translation
God is Spirit, and only by the power of his Spirit can people worship him as he really is."

Holman Christian Standard Bible
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

International Standard Version
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

NET Bible
God is spirit, and the people who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

New Heart English Bible

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For The Spirit is God, and it is fitting that those who worship him worship in The Spirit and in The Truth.”

GOD'S WORD® Translation
God is a spirit. Those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

New American Standard 1977
“God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Jubilee Bible 2000
God is a Spirit and those that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

King James 2000 Bible
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
God is a spirit; and they that adore him, must adore him in spirit and in truth.

Darby Bible Translation
God [is] a spirit; and they who worship him must worship [him] in spirit and truth.

English Revised Version
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.

Webster's Bible Translation
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him, must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Weymouth New Testament
God is Spirit; and those who worship Him must bring Him true spiritual worship."

World English Bible

Young's Literal Translation
God is a Spirit, and those worshipping Him, in spirit and truth it doth behove to worship.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Nestle Greek New Testament 1904
Πνεῦμα ὁ Θεός, καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ δεῖ προσκυνεῖν.
Westcott and Hort 1881
πνεῦμα ὁ θεός, καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας αὐτὸν ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ δεῖ προσκυνεῖν.

Westcott and Hort / [NA27 variants]
πνεῦμα ὁ θεός, καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας αὐτὸν ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ δεῖ προσκυνεῖν.

RP Byzantine Majority Text 2005
Πνεῦμα ὁ θεός· καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας αὐτόν, ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ δεῖ προσκυνεῖν.

Greek Orthodox Church 1904
πνεῦμα ὁ Θεός, καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας αὐτὸν ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ δεῖ προσκυνεῖν.

Tischendorf 8th Edition
πνεῦμα ὁ θεός, καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ προσκυνεῖν δεῖ.

Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894
Πνεῦμα ὁ Θεός· καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας αὐτόν, ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ δεῖ προσκυνεῖν.

Stephanus Textus Receptus 1550
πνεῦμα ὁ θεός καὶ τοὺς προσκυνοῦντας αὐτὸν ἐν πνεύματι καὶ ἀληθείᾳ δεῖ προσκυνεῖν

Westcott and Hort 1881 w/o Diacritics
πνευμα ο θεος και τους προσκυνουντας αυτον εν πνευματι και αληθεια δει προσκυνειν

Tischendorf 8th Ed. w/o Diacritics
πνευμα ο θεος και τους προσκυνουντας εν πνευματι και αληθεια προσκυνειν δει

Stephanus Textus Receptus 1550
πνευμα ο θεος και τους προσκυνουντας αυτον εν πνευματι και αληθεια δει προσκυνειν

Scrivener's Textus Receptus 1894 w/o Diacritics
Πνευμα ο Θεος· και τους προσκυνουντας αυτον, εν πνευματι και αληθεια δει προσκυνειν.

Byzantine/Majority Text (2000) w/o Diacritics

Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants w/o Diacritics

Nestle Greek New Testament 1904 - Transliterated
Pneuma ho Theos, kai tous proskynountas en pneumati kai alētheia dei proskynein.

Pneuma ho Theos, kai tous proskynountas en pneumati kai aletheia dei proskynein.

Westcott and Hort 1881 - Transliterated
pneuma ho theos, kai tous proskynountas auton en pneumati kai alētheia dei proskynein.

pneuma ho theos, kai tous proskynountas auton en pneumati kai aletheia dei proskynein.

ΚΑΤΑ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΝ 4:24 Greek NT: Tischendorf 8th Ed. - Transliterated
pneuma o theos kai tous proskunountas en pneumati kai alētheia proskunein dei

pneuma o theos kai tous proskunountas en pneumati kai alEtheia proskunein dei

ΚΑΤΑ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΝ 4:24 Byzantine/Majority Text (2000) - Transliterated
pneuma o theos kai tous proskunountas auton en pneumati kai alētheia dei proskunein

pneuma o theos kai tous proskunountas auton en pneumati kai alEtheia dei proskunein

ΚΑΤΑ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΝ 4:24 Stephens Textus Receptus (1550) - Transliterated
pneuma o theos kai tous proskunountas auton en pneumati kai alētheia dei proskunein

pneuma o theos kai tous proskunountas auton en pneumati kai alEtheia dei proskunein

ΚΑΤΑ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΝ 4:24 Scrivener's Textus Receptus (1894) - Transliterated

ΚΑΤΑ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΝ 4:24 Westcott/Hort - Transliterated

ΚΑΤΑ ΙΩΑΝΝΗΝ 4:24 Westcott/Hort, UBS4 variants - Transliterated

János 4:24 Hungarian: Karoli
Az Isten lélek: és a kik õt imádják, szükség, hogy lélekben és igazságban imádják.

La evangelio laŭ Johano 4:24 Esperanto
Dio estas Spirito:kaj Liaj adorantoj devas adori Lin laux spirito kaj vero.

Evankeliumi Johanneksen mukaan 4:24 Finnish: Bible (1776)
Jumala on Henki, ja jotka häntä rukoilevat, niiden pitää hengessä ja totuudessa häntä rukoileman.

Jean 4:24 French: Darby
Dieu est esprit, et il faut que ceux qui l'adorent, l'adorent en esprit et en verite.

Jean 4:24 French: Louis Segond (1910)
Dieu est Esprit, et il faut que ceux qui l'adorent l'adorent en esprit et en vérité.

Jean 4:24 French: Martin (1744)
Dieu est esprit; et il faut que ceux qui l'adorent, l'adorent en esprit et en vérité.

Johannes 4:24 German: Modernized
Gott ist ein Geist, und die ihn anbeten, die müssen ihn im Geist und in der Wahrheit anbeten.

Johannes 4:24 German: Luther (1912)
Gott ist Geist, und die ihn anbeten, die müssen ihn im Geist und in der Wahrheit anbeten.

Johannes 4:24 German: Textbibel (1899)
Gott ist Geist, und die ihn anbeten, müssen in Geist und Wahrheit anbeten.

Giovanni 4:24 Italian: Riveduta Bible (1927)
Iddio è spirito; e quelli che l’adorano, bisogna che l’adorino in ispirito e verità.

Giovanni 4:24 Italian: Giovanni Diodati Bible (1649)
Iddio è Spirito; perciò, conviene che coloro che l’adorano, l’adorino in ispirito e verità.

YOHANES 4:24 Indonesian - Terjemahan Lama (TL)
Allah itu Roh adanya; maka orang yang menyembah Dia, wajiblah menyembah dengan roh dan kebenaran."

John 4:24 Kabyle: NT
Imi Ṛebbi d Ṛṛuḥ i gella, ilaq wid ara t-iɛebden a t-ɛebden s Ṛṛuḥ ț-țideț.

요한복음 4:24 Korean
하나님은 영이시니 예배하는 자가 신령과 진정으로 예배할지니라'

Ioannes 4:24 Latin: Vulgata Clementina
Spiritus est Deus : et eos qui adorant eum, in spiritu et veritate oportet adorare.

Sv. Jānis 4:24 Latvian New Testament
Dievs ir Gars; un kas Viņu pielūdz, tiem Viņš ir jāpielūdz garā un patiesībā.

Evangelija pagal Jonà 4:24 Lithuanian
Dievas yra Dvasia, ir Jį garbinantys turi garbinti dvasioje ir tiesoje”.

John 4:24 Maori
He Wairua te Atua: me karakia hoki nga kaikarakia ki a ia i runga i te wairua, i te pono.

Johannes 4:24 Norwegian: Det Norsk Bibelselskap (1930)
Gud er ånd, og de som tilbeder ham, bør tilbede i ånd og sannhet.

Juan 4:24 Spanish: La Biblia de las Américas
Dios es espíritu, y los que le adoran deben adorarle en espíritu y en verdad.
Juan 4:24 Spanish: La Nueva Biblia de los Hispanos
"Dios es espíritu, y los que Lo adoran deben adorar en espíritu y en verdad."

Juan 4:24 Spanish: Reina Valera Gómez
Dios es Espíritu; y los que le adoran, en espíritu y en verdad es necesario que le adoren.

Juan 4:24 Spanish: Reina Valera 1909
Dios es Espíritu; y los que le adoran, en espíritu y en verdad es necesario que adoren.

Juan 4:24 Spanish: Sagradas Escrituras 1569
Dios es Espíritu; y los que le adoran, en Espíritu y en verdad es necesario que adoren.

João 4:24 Bíblia King James Atualizada Português
Deus é espírito, e é necessário que os seus adoradores o adorem em espírito e em verdade.”

João 4:24 Portugese Bible
Deus é Espírito, e é necessário que os que o adoram o adorem em espírito e em verdade.

Ioan 4:24 Romanian: Cornilescu
Dumnezeu este Duh; şi cine se închină Lui, trebuie să I se închine în duh şi în adevăr.``

От Иоанна 4:24 Russian: Synodal Translation (1876)
Бог есть дух, и поклоняющиеся Ему должны поклоняться в духе и истине.

От Иоанна 4:24 Russian koi8r
Бог есть дух, и поклоняющиеся Ему должны поклоняться в духе и истине.

John 4:24 Shuar New Testament
Yuska Wakaniiti tura Ashφ Niin tikishmatainia nuka tuke Wakanφjiai tura tuke Enentßijiai awajitsuk tikishmatratin ainiawai."

Johannes 4:24 Swedish (1917)
Gud är ande, och de som tillbedja måste tillbedja i ande och sanning.»

Yohana 4:24 Swahili NT
Mungu ni Roho, na watu wataweza tu kumwabudu kweli kwa nguvu ya Roho wake."

Juan 4:24 Tagalog: Ang Dating Biblia (1905)
Ang Dios ay Espiritu: at ang mga sa kaniya'y nagsisisamba ay kinakailangang magsisamba sa espiritu at sa katotohanan.

ยอห์น 4:24 Thai: from KJV
พระเจ้าทรงเป็นพระวิญญาณ และผู้ที่นมัสการพระองค์ต้องนมัสการด้วยจิตวิญญาณและความจริง"

Yuhanna 4:24 Turkish
Tanrı ruhtur, Ona tapınanlar da ruhta ve gerçekte tapınmalıdırlar.››

Йоан 4:24 Ukrainian: NT
Дух - Бог, і хто покланяєть ся Йому, духом і правдою мусить покланятись.

John 4:24 Uma New Testament
Alata'ala, Hi'a-mi Inoha'. Jadi', tauna to mpopue' -i, kana mepue' hante kuasa Inoha' Tomoroli' pai' ntuku' ohea to makono."

Giaêng 4:24 Vietnamese (1934)
Ðức Chúa Trời là thần, nên ai thờ lạy Ngài thì phải lấy tâm thần và lẽ thật mà thờ lạy.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
4 4151 [e]
24 Pneuma
24 Πνεῦμα
24 Spirit
24 N-NNS
3588 [e]
ho

-
Art-NMS
2316 [e]
Theos
Θεός ,
God [is]
N-NMS
2532 [e]
kai
καὶ
and
Conj
3588 [e]
tous
τοὺς
those
Art-AMP
4352 [e]
proskynountas
προσκυνοῦντας
worshiping
V-PPA-AMP
846 [e]
auton
‹αὐτὸν›
Him
PPro-AM3S
1722 [e]
en
ἐν
in
Prep
4151 [e]
pneumati
πνεύματι
spirit
N-DNS
2532 [e]
kai
καὶ
and
Conj
225 [e]
alētheia
ἀληθείᾳ
truth
N-DFS
1163 [e]
dei
δεῖ
it behooves
V-PIA-3S

Nope-----just further prof that JS did not receive anything from God.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, read the bible and it tells you the 'keys' are not malarkey. Sorry, read
Matthew 16:19 Peter receives the keys from Jesus
Mark 3:14 12 apostles ordained by Jesus
John 15:16 12 apostles ordained by Jesus
Acts 14:23 elders in every city ordained by apostles.

It is all there you just need to reread it. It is not malarkey. It was important then, it is important today.

Mormon keys are absolutely malarkey and have nothing to do with the real God.

Upvote 0