dalai lama under fire - bizarre -

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's very disturbing to see that, I felt repulsed and disgusted just like 99% of others, at least. I'm reading defense arguements that he is always playful and teasing, 'crazy wisdom', we're seeing it with eyes of lust when it was innocent etc but still, even if that is true, the Dalai Lama should have self control and understand how it will be perceived? Life is so confusing, thank God we have a compass!

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Dalai Lama has been seen hanging around pedophiles in the past...

Really? When?

I have to say, I've always admired him. I've tried to make sense of it, but that's just weird. Whatever the case, it looks like just one more religious that likes to mess with little boys. :( People are sick and tired of that nonsense, as we should be.

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pray all Buddhists hear the Gospel and believe. Buddhism has some interesting tenets, but it is all for naught if you do not believe and call on the name of Jesus.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟66,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Really? When?

I have to say, I've always admired him. I've tried to make sense of it, but that's just weird. Whatever the case, it looks like just one more religious that likes to mess with little boys. :( People are sick and tired of that nonsense, as we should be.

Various celebrities and politicians.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really? When?

I think it is more of a human nature issue than a "religious" issue. Many people with like problems will go to church hoping to find a cure. It is much like sick people going to a hospital. If I had a sick friend who went to the hospital, but did not get better, I would not say "sounds like just one more hospital person who likes to be sick." Maybe these people hate who and what they are, and are looking for some way out. Still sad what goes on. They need Jesus, not religion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Here's a video that goes into detail about this incident and explains Tibetan culture.

If I were to be charitable, I'd say it's probably due to bad translation. The boy just wanted a hug, and it's my understanding the words are similar in Tibetan.

At the very least, it's embarrassing.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Really? When?

I think alot could be due to cultural differences. I am not an expert on Tibetan culture, but I know what is and isn't considered sexual or intimate varies from culture to culture.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,262,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
It's very disturbing to see that, I felt repulsed and disgusted just like 99% of others, at least. I'm reading defense arguements that he is always playful and teasing, 'crazy wisdom', we're seeing it with eyes of lust when it was innocent etc but still, even if that is true, the Dalai Lama should have self control and understand how it will be perceived? Life is so confusing, thank God we have a compass!

Despite his media image, the Dalai Lama is very much steeped in a non-western culture, one that was very isolated until relatively recently, and his attitudes are relatively traditional, some even difficult to understand from a western POV. So I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that he saw his behavior as innocent, and wasn't aware it would be broadcast around the world.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,751,968.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is nauseating. I looked it up and he is 87 years old. My father had some dementia at that age and did say inappropriate things out of the blue to women. VERY uncharacteristic from the man who lived a godly life and was gentle.
Don't know if that is the problem with the Dali Lama but it is a possibility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,083.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is nauseating. I looked it up and he is 87 years old. My father had some dementia at that age and did say inappropriate things out of the blue to women. VERY uncharacteristic from the man who lived a godly life and was gentle.
Don't know if that is the problem with the Dali Lama but it is a possibility.
It sounds pretty shocking, but I do think it's possible that this has come out of some combination of cultural differences, poor translation, and/or mental changes due to aging. I mean, maybe not, but it's possible.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,640.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I had two coworkers, one a Bhuddist and one an Athiest, they went to see the Dalai Lama speak on stage when he came to this part of the country on tour about 10 years ago. Given that one of them was an actual Bhuddist what they said wasn't very complementary. God Bless All :)

Upvote 0