Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Who Shall Receive God’s Seal?

And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and
he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom
it was given to hurt the earth and
the sea, saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the
servants of our God in their foreheads. Revelation 7:2, 3.

The seal of the living God will be placed upon those only who bear a likeness to Christ in
character.

As wax takes the impression of the seal, so the soul is to take the impression of the Spirit of
God and retain the image of Christ.

It is obedience to the principles of the commandments of God, that molds the character after
the divine similitude.

The seal of God’s law is found in the fourth commandment. This only, of all the ten, brings to
view both the name and the title of the Lawgiver. It declares Him to be the Creator of the heavens
and the earth, and thus shows His claim to reverence and worship above all others. Aside from
this precept, there is nothing in the Decalogue to show by whose authority the law is given.

The Israelites placed over their doors a signature of blood, to show that they were God’s
property. So the children of God in this age will bear the signature God has appointed. They will
place themselves in harmony with God’s holy law. A mark is placed upon every one of God’s
people just as verily as a mark was placed over the doors of the Hebrew dwellings, to preserve
the people from the general ruin. God declares, “I gave them my sabbaths, to be a sign between
me and them, that they might know that I am the Lord that sanctify them.” Ezekiel 20:12.

Just as soon as the people of God are sealed in their foreheads—it is not any seal or mark
that can be seen, but a settling into the truth, both intellectually and spiritually, so they cannot
be moved—just as soon as God’s people are sealed and prepared for the shaking, it will come.
Indeed, it has begun already; the judgments of God are now upon the land, ... that we may know​
what is coming.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Jesus’ Example In Humility

If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one
another’s feet. For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
John 13:14, 15.

There is in man a disposition to esteem himself more highly than his brother, to work for self,
to seek the highest place; and often this results in evil surmisings and bitterness of spirit. The
ordinance preceding the Lord’s Supper is to clear away these misunderstandings, to bring man
out of hisselfishness, down from his stilts of self-exaltation, to the humility of heart that will
lead him to serve his brother.

The ordinance of feet washing most forcibly illustrates the necessity of true humility. While
the disciples were contending for the highest place, in the promised kingdom, Christ girded
Himself, and performed the office of a servant by washing the feet of those who called Him
Lord.

Reconciliation one with another is the work for which the ordinance of feet washing was
instituted.... Whenever it is celebrated, Christ is present by His Holy Spirit. It is this Spirit that
brings conviction to hearts.

As Christ celebrated this ordinance with His disciples, conviction came to the hearts of all
save Judas. So we shall be convicted as Christ speaks to our hearts. The fountains of the soul will
be broken up. The mind will be energized, and, springing into activity and life, will break down
every barrier that has caused disunion and alienation. Sins that have been committed will appear
with more distinctness than ever before; for the Holy Spirit will bring them to our remembrance.

Having washed the disciples’ feet, He [Jesus]said, “I have given you an example, that ye
should do as I have done to you.” ... Christ was here instituting a religious service. By the act of
our Lord this humiliating ceremony was made a consecrated ordinance. It was to be observed by​
the disciples, that they might ever keep in mind His lessons of humility and service.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Builders, Not Destroyers
And they that shall be of thee shall build the old waste places: thou shalt raise up the
foundations of many generations; and thou shalt be called, The repairer of the breach, The
restorer of paths to dwell in. Isaiah 58:12.

Has God no living church? He has a church, but it is the church militant, not the church
triumphant. We are sorry that there are defective members....While the Lord brings into the
church those who are truly converted, Satan at the same time brings persons who are not
converted into its fellowship. While Christ is sowing the good seed, Satan is sowing the tares.
There are two opposing influences continually exerted on the members of the church. One
influence is working for the purification of the church, and the other for the corrupting of the
people of God....

Although there are evils existing in the church, and will be until the end of the world, the
church in these last days is to be the light of the world that is polluted and demoralized by sin....

There is but one church in the world who are at the present time standing in the breach, and
making up the hedge, building up the old waste places; and for any man to call the attention of the
world and other churches to this church, denouncing her as Babylon, is to do a work in harmony
with him who is the accuser of the brethren....The whole world is filled with hatred of those who
proclaim the binding claims of the law of God, and the church who are loyal to Jehovah must
engage in no ordinary conflict... Those who have any realization of what this warfare means, will
not turn their weapons against the church militant, but with all their powers will wrestle with the
people of God against the confederacy of evil.

Those who start up to proclaim a message on their own individual responsibility, who, while
claiming to be taught and led of God, still make it their special work to tear down that which God
has been for years building up, are not doing the will of God. Be it known that these men are on​
the side of the great deceiver. Believe them not.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Tears And Conflict

Serving the Lord with all humility of mind, and with many tears, and temptations,
which befell me by the lying in wait of the Jews. Acts 20:19.

From the days of Adam to our own time, our great enemy has been exercising his power to
oppress and destroy. He is now preparing for his last campaign against the church.

The better to disguise his real character and purposes, he has caused himself to be so
represented as to excite no stronger emotion than ridicule or contempt. He is well pleased to
be painted as a ludicrous or loathsome object, misshapen, half animal and half human.

If Satan was so cunning at first, what must he be now, after gaining an experience of many
thousands of years? Yet God and holy angels, and all those who abide in obedience to all the
Lord’s will, are wiser than he.

All who are actively engaged in the cause of God, seeking to unveil the deceptions of the evil
one and to present Christ before the people, will be able to join in the testimony of Paul, in which
he speaks of serving the Lord with all humility of mind, with many tears and temptations....

The tempter has no power to control the will or to force the soul to sin. He may distress, but
he cannot contaminate. He can cause agony, but not defilement.

Satan cannot read our thoughts, but he can see our actions, hear our words; and from his long
knowledge of the human family, he can shape his temptations to take advantage of our weak
points of character. And how often do we let him into the secret of how he may obtain the
victory over us. Oh, that we might control our words and actions!

Satan assailed Christ with his fiercest and most subtle temptations; but he was repulsed in
every conflict. Those battles were fought in our behalf; those victories make it possible for us to
conquer. Christ will give strength to all who seek it.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Safety Only In Obedience

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. 1 Peter 3:12.

No man is safe for a day or an hour without prayer. Especially should we entreat the Lord
for wisdom to understand His Word. Here are revealed the wiles of the tempter, and the means
by which he may be successfully resisted. Satan is an expert in quoting Scripture, placing his
own interpretation upon passages, by which he hopes to cause us to stumble. We should study
the Bible with humility of heart, never losing sight of our dependence upon God. While we must
constantly guard against the devices of Satan, we should pray in faith continually, “Lead us not
into temptation.”

When Balaam, allured by the promise of rich rewards, practiced enchantments against Israel,
and by sacrifices to the Lord sought to invoke a curse upon His people, the Spirit of God forbade
the evil which he longed to pronounce, and Balaam was forced to exclaim: “How shall I curse,
whom God hath not cursed?” Numbers 23:8....

The people of Israel were at this time loyal to God; and so long as they continued in obedience
to His law, no power in earth or hell could prevail against them. But the curse which Balaam
had not been permitted to pronounce against God’s people, he finally succeeded in bringing
upon them by seducing them into sin. When they transgressed God’s commandments, then they
separated themselves from Him, and they were left to feel the power of the destroyer.

Satan is well aware that the weakest soul who abides in Christ is more than a match for the
hosts of darkness.... Only in humble reliance upon God, and obedience to all His commandments,
can we be secure.

Let none deceive themselves with the belief that God will pardon and bless them while they
are trampling upon one of His requirements. The willful commission of a known sin silences the​
witnessing voice of the Spirit, and separates the soul from God.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
A Crown For Every Saint

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the
crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. James 1:12.

I saw a very great number of angels bring from the city glorious crowns—a crown for every
saint, with his name written thereon. As Jesus called for the crowns, angels presented them to
Him, and with His own right hand the lovely Jesus placed the crowns on the heads of the saints.
In the same manner the angels brought the harps, and Jesus presented them also to the saints.
The commanding angels first struck the note, and then every voice was raised in grateful, happy
praise, and every hand skillfully swept over the strings of the harp, sending forth melodious
music in rich and perfect strains....

Within the city there was everything to feast the eye. Rich glory they beheld everywhere.
Then Jesus looked upon His redeemed saints; their countenances were radiant with glory; and as
He fixed His loving eyes upon them, He said, with His rich, musical voice, “I behold the travail
of My soul, and am satisfied. This rich glory is yours to enjoy eternally. Your sorrows are ended.
There shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain.”

I then saw Jesus leading His people to the tree of life.... Upon the tree of life was most
beautiful fruit, of which the saints could partake freely, in the city was a most glorious throne,
from which proceeded a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal. On each side of this river was
the tree of life, and on the banks of the river were other beautiful trees bearing fruit....

Language is altogether too feeble to attempt a description of heaven. As the scene rises before
me, I am lost in amazement. Carried away with the surpassing splendor and excellent glory, I lay
down the pen, and exclaim, “Oh, what love! what wondrous love!” The most exalted language​
fails to describe the glory of heaven or the matchless depths of a Saviour’s love.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The EternalWeight Of Glory

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding
and eternal weight of glory. 2 Corinthians 4:17.

I was pointed to the glory of heaven, to the treasure laid up for the faithful. Everything was
lovely and glorious. The angels would sing a lovely song, then they would cease singing and take
their crowns from their heads and cast them glittering at the feet of the lovely Jesus, and with
melodious voices cry, “Glory, Alleluia!” I joined with them in their songs of praise and honor
to the Lamb, and every time I opened my mouth to praise Him, I felt an unutterable sense of the
glory that surrounded me. It was a far more, an exceeding and eternal weight of glory. Said the
angel, “The little remnant who love God and keep His commandments and are faithful to the end
will enjoy this glory and ever be in the presence of Jesus and sing with the holy angels.”

Then my eyes were taken from the glory, and I was pointed to the remnant on the earth. The
angel said to them, “... Get ready, get ready, get ready. Ye must have a greater preparation than
ye now have, for the day of the Lord cometh, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the
land desolate and to destroy the sinners thereof out of it. Sacrifice all to God. Lay all upon
His altar—self, property, and all, a living sacrifice. It will take all to enter glory. Lay up for
yourselves treasure in heaven, where no thief can approach or rust corrupt. Ye must be partakers
of Christ’s sufferings here if ye would be partakers with Him of His glory hereafter.”

Heaven will be cheap enough, if we obtain it through suffering. We must deny self all along
the way, die to self daily, let Jesus alone appear, and keep His glory continually in view.

The work of salvation is not child’s play, to be taken hold of at will and let alone at pleasure.
It is the steady purpose, the untiring effort, that will gain the victory at last. It is he who endureth
to the end that shall be saved. It is they who patiently continue in well-doing that shall have​
eternal life and the immortal reward.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No More Death—Ever!

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death,
neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are
passed away. Revelation 21:4.

In the home of the redeemed there will be no tears, no funeral trains, no badges of mourning.
“The inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their
iniquity.” Isaiah 33:24. One rich tide of happiness will flow and deepen as eternity rolls on....

Let us consider most earnestly the blessed hereafter. Let our faith pierce through every cloud
of darkness and behold him who died for the sins of the world. He has opened the gates of
Paradise to all who receive and believe on Him.... Let the afflictions which pain us so grievously
become instructive lessons, teaching us to press forward toward the mark of the prize of our high
calling in Christ. Let us be encouraged by the thought that the Lord is soon to come. Let this
hope gladden our hearts....

We are homeward bound. He who loved us so much as to die for us hath builded for us a
city. The New Jerusalem is our place of rest. There will be no sadness in the city of God. No
wail of sorrow, no dirge of crushed hopes and buried affections, will evermore be heard. Soon
the garments of heaviness will be changed for the wedding garment. Soon we shall witness the
coronation of our King. Those whose lives have been hidden with Christ, those who on this earth
have fought the good fight of faith, will shine forth with the Redeemer’s glory in the kingdom of
God.

It will not be long till we shall see Him in whom our hopes of eternal life are centered. And
in His presence, all the trials and sufferings of this life will be as nothingness.... Look up, look
up, and let your faith continually increase. Let this faith guide you along the narrow path that
leads through the gates of the city of God into the great beyond, the wide, unbounded future of
glory that is for the redeemed.​

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
CompassedWith God’s Mercy

Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the Lord, mercy shall
compass him about. Psalm 32:10 .

We often think that those who serve God have more trials than the unbeliever, and that the
path marked out for them to travel in is rugged.... But does the sinner enjoy his worldly pleasure
and enjoyment unalloyed? Oh, no. There are times when the sinner is fearfully troubled. He
fears God but does not love Him .

Are the wicked free from disappointment, perplexity, earthly losses, poverty, and distress?
Many of them suffer a lingering sickness, yet have no strong and mighty One to lean upon, no
strengthening grace from a higher power to support them in their weakness. They lean upon their
own strength. They obtain no consolation by looking forward to the future, but
a fearful uncertainty torments them; and thus they close their eyes in death, not finding any
pleasure in looking forward to the resurrection morn, for they have no cheering hope that they
shall have part in the first resurrection....

The Christian is subject to sickness, disappointment, poverty, reproach, and distress. Yet
amid all this he loves God, he chooses to do His will, and prizes nothing so highly as His
approbation. In the conflicting trials and changing scenes of this life, he knows that there is
One who knows it all, One who will bend His ear low to the cry of the sorrowful and distressed,
One who can sympathize with every sorrow and soothe the keen anguish of every heart....

Amid all his affliction, the Christian has strong consolation. And if God permits him to suffer
a lingering, distressing sickness before he closes his eyes in death, he can with cheerfulness bear
it all.... He contemplates the future with heavenly satisfaction. A short rest in the grave, and then
the Life-giver will break the fetters of the tomb, release the captive, and bring him from his dusty
bed immortal, never more to know pain, sorrow, or death. Oh, what a hope is the Christian’s! Let
this hope of the Christian be mine. Let it be yours

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hope For The Hopeless

Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him
return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will
abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my
ways, saith the Lord. Isaiah 55:7, 8.

It is your thought that your mistakes and transgressions have been so grievous that the Lord
will not have respect unto your prayers, and will bless and save you.... The closer you come
to Jesus, the more faulty you will appear in your own eyes; for your vision will be clearer, and
your imperfections will be seen in broad and distinct contrast to His perfect nature. But do not
be discouraged. This is evidence that Satan’s delusions have lost their power; that the vivifying
influence of the Spirit of God is arousing you, and your indifference and unconcern are passing
away.

No deep-seated love for Jesus can dwell in the heart that does not see and realize its own
sinfulness. The soul that is transformed by grace will admire His divine character; but if we do
not see our own moral deformity, it is unmistakable evidence that we have not had a view of the
beauty and excellence of Christ. The less we see to esteem in ourselves, the more we shall see to
esteem in the infinite purity and loveliness of our Saviour. A view of our own sinfulness drives us
to Him who can pardon....

God does not deal with us as finite men deal with one another. His thoughts are thoughts of
mercy, love, and tenderest compassion. “He will abundantly pardon.” He says, “I have blotted
out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions.” ...

Look up, you who are tried, tempted, and discouraged, look up.... It is ever safe to look up; it
is fatal to look down. If you look down, the earth reels and sways beneath you; nothing is sure.
But heaven above you is calm and steady, and there is divine aid for every climber. The hand of
the Infinite is reaching over the battlements of heaven to grasp yours in its strong embrace. The
mighty Helper is nigh to bless, lift up, and encourage the most erring, the most sinful, if they will​
look to Him by faith. But the sinner must look up

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Enjoyment Of The Truth

Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
Psalm 86:11.

Say with your whole heart, “I will walk in Thy truth.” Every resolution expressed in the fear
of God will give strength to purpose and to faith. It will tend to stimulate and to humble, to
strengthen and confirm. “I will walk in thy truth.” Truth deserves our confidence none the less
because the world is flooded with fables. Because error and counterfeit are in circulation it only
evidences the fact that there is truth, genuine truth, somewhere....

It is not enough for us to hear the truth only. God requires of us obedience. “Blessed are they
that hear the word of God, and keep it.” Luke 11:28. “If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye
do them.” John 13:17.

We may walk in the enjoyment of the truth. It need not be to us a yoke of bondage, but a
consolation, a message to us of glad tidings of great joy, animating our hearts and causing us to
make melody in our hearts unto God. Through patience and comfort of the Scriptures we have
hope. The Christian hope is not gloomy, comfortless. Oh, no, no. It does not shut us up in a
prison of doubts and fears. The truth makes free those who love and are sanctified through it.
They walk in the glorious liberty of the sons of God.

We who claim to believe the truth should reveal its fruits in our words and character. We are
to be far advanced in a knowledge of Jesus Christ, in the reception of His love for God and for
our neighbor, in order to have the sunlight of heaven shining in our daily life. Truth must reach
down to the deepest recesses of the soul, and cleanse away everything unlike the spirit of Christ, and the
vacuum be supplied by the attributes of His character who was pure and holy and undefiled, that
all the springs of the heart may be as flowers, fragrant with perfume, a sweet-smelling savor, a
savor of life unto life.

It is truth enshrined in the soul that makes one a man of God.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Let Jesus Lead

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the
Father, but by me. John 14:6.

Oh, that we who are pilgrims and strangers in this foreign country ... might comprehend
Christ, the way, the truth, and the life. He says, “No man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”
The path He has marked out is so plain and distinct that the veriest sinner, loaded with guilt, need
not miss his way. Not one trembling seeker need fail of finding the true path, and of walking in
pure and holy light, for Jesus leads the way.

The path is so narrow, so holy, that sin cannot be tolerated therein, yet access to the path has
been made for all, and not one desponding, doubting, trembling soul needs to say, “God cares
nought for me.” Every soul is precious in His sight.... When Satan was triumphing as the prince
of the world, when he claimed the world as his kingdom, when we were all marred and corrupted
with sin, God sent His messenger from heaven, even His only begotten Son, to proclaim to all
the inhabitants of the world, “I have found a ransom. I have made a way of escape for all the
perishing. I have your emancipation papers provided for you, sealed by the Lord of heaven and
earth.” ...

It is not because there is any flaw in the title which has been purchased for you that you do
not accept it. It is not because the mercy, the grace, the love of the Father and the Son is not
ample, and has not been freely bestowed, that you do not rejoice in pardoning love.... If you are
lost, it will be because you will not come unto Christ that you might have life.

God waits to bestow the blessing of forgiveness of sins, of pardon for iniquity, of the gift of
righteousness upon all who will believe in His love, and accept of His salvation. Christ is ready
to say to the repenting sinner, “... Behold, I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee....”
Zechariah 3:4-7. Christ is the connecting link between God and man. The blood of Jesus Christ​
is the eloquent plea that speaks in behalf of sinners.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
In LoveWith Christ

For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from
sinners, and made higher than the heavens. Hebrews 7:26.

The character of Christ was one of unexampled excellence, embracing everything pure, true,
lovely, and of good report. We have no knowledge of His ever visiting a party of pleasure or a
dance hall, and yet He was the perfection of grace and courtly bearing. Christ was no novice; He
was distinguished for the high intellectual powers He possessed even in the morning of His life.
His youth was not wasted in indolence, neither was it wasted in sensual pleasure, self-indulgence,
or frittered away in things of no profit. Not one of His hours from childhood to manhood was
misspent, none were misappropriated....

Jesus was sinless and had no dread of the consequences of sin. With this exception His
condition was as yours. You have not a difficulty that did not press with equal weight upon Him,
not a sorrow that His heart has not experienced. His feelings could be hurt with neglect, with
indifference of professed friends, as easily as yours. Is your path thorny? Christ’s was so in a
tenfold sense. Are you distressed? So was He. How well fitted was Christ to be an example! ...

The Inspired Record says of Him: “Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with
God and man.” Luke 2:52. As He grew in years He grew in knowledge. He lived temperately;
His precious hours were not wasted in dissipating pleasures. He had a truly healthy body and
true powers of mind. The physical and mental powers could be expanded and developed as yours
or any other youth’s. The Word of God was His study, as it should be yours.

Take Jesus as your standard. Imitate His life. Fall in love with His character. Walk as Christ
walked. A new spring will be given to your intellectual faculties, a large scope to your thoughts,
when you bring your powers into vigorous contact with eternal things which are intrinsically​
grand and great.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟427,404.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have decided to post a daily devotion from the Spirit of Prophesy to uplift and edify the brethren... comments are welcome but not required. May you be blessed by these words of comfort and wisdom.

May 27

Filled With His Fullness

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with
all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:19.

There are many who think that it is impossible to escape from the power of sin, but the
promise is that we may be filled with all the fullness of God. We aim too low. The mark is much
higher. Our minds need expansion, that we may comprehend the significance of the provision
of God. We are to reflect the highest attributes of the character of God. We should be thankful
that we are not to be left to ourselves. The law of God is the exalted standard to which we are to
attain.... We are not to walk according to our own ideas..., but we are to follow in the footsteps
of Christ.
The work of overcoming is in our hands, but we are not to overcome in our own name or
strength, for of ourselves we cannot keep the commandments of God. The Spirit of God must
help our infirmities. Christ has become our sacrifice and surety. He has become sin for us that
we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Through faith in His name He imputes unto
us His righteousness, and it becomes a living principle in our life.... Christ imputes to us His
sinless character and presents us to the Father in His own purity.
We cannot provide a robe of righteousness for ourselves, for the prophet says, “All our
righteousnesses are as filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6). There is nothing in us from which we can
clothe the soul so that its nakedness shall not appear. We are to receive the robe of righteousness
woven in the loom of heaven, even the spotless robe of Christ’s righteousness. We are to say,
“He died for me. He bore my soul’s disgrace, that in His name I might be an overcomer and be
exalted to His throne.”
It is privilege of the children of God to be filled with all the fullness of God. “Now unto him
that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power
that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world
without end” (Ephesians 3:20, 21).
Great to have this right at the top where everyone can be uplifted....

God Bless
Rick

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Privilege Of Assurance

And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. 1
John 3:19.

I would impress upon our young men and young women the necessity of making their calling
and election sure. I would beseech you to do no
haphazard or uncertain work where your eternal interests are involved. By so doing you lose
happiness, peace, comfort, and hope in this life, and you lose also your immortal inheritance.

My young friends, you are judgment bound, and through the grace of Christ you may render
obedience to the commands of God, and daily gain fortitude and strength of character, so that
you need not fail or be discouraged. Divine grace has been abundantly provided for every soul,
so that each one may engage in the conflict and come off victorious. Do not become sluggish;
do not flatter yourselves that you may be saved in walking in accordance with the natural traits
of your character—that you may drift with the current of the world, and indulge and please self,
and yet be able to withstand the forces of evil in a time of crisis, and come off victorious when
the battle waxes hot.... You must learn every day to obey the orders of the Captain of the Lord’s
host.

My young friends, do you pray? Are you educating yourselves to offer petitions for pure
thoughts, for holy aspirations, for a pure heart and clean hands? Are you educating your lips to
sing the praises of God, and are you seeking to do the will of God? This is the kind of education
that will be of the greatest value to you; for it will aid you in the formation of Christlike character.

Do not settle down in Satan’s easy chair, and say that there is no use, you cannot cease to
sin, that there is no power in you to overcome. There is no power in you apart from Christ, but it
is your privilege to have Christ abiding in your heart by faith, and He can overcome sin in you,
when you cooperate with His efforts.... You may be living epistles, known and read of all men.
You are not to be a dead letter, but a living one, testifying to the world that Jesus is able to save.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
God Calls For Our Best Affections

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else
he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. Matthew
6:24.

Many are on the enchanted ground of the enemy. Things of the least importance—foolish
social parties, singing, jesting, joking—engross their minds and they serve God with a divided
heart.... The declaration of Christ, “No man can serve two masters,” is unheeded.

One of the most marked features of the earth’s inhabitants in the days of Noah was their
intense worldliness. They made eating and drinking, buying and selling, marrying and giving in
marriage, the supreme objects of life. It is not sinful, but the fulfillment of a duty, to eat and drink, if that which is lawful is not carried to excess.... God Himself instituted marriage when He gave Eve to Adam. All God’s laws are marvelously adapted to meet the nature of man. The sin of the antediluvians was in
perverting that which in itself was lawful. They corrupted God’s gifts by using them to minister
to their selfish desires....

Excessive love and devotion to that which in itself is lawful, proves the ruination of thousands
upon thousands of souls. To matters of minor importance is often given the strength of intellect
that should be wholly devoted to God. We need always to be guarded against carrying to excess
that which, rightly used, is lawful. Many, many souls are lost by engaging in those things
which, properly managed, are harmless, but which, perverted and misapplied, become sinful
and demoralizing.

If we are constantly thinking of and struggling for the things that pertain to this life, we
cannot keep our thoughts fixed on the things of heaven. Satan is seeking to lead our minds away
from God, and to center them on the fashions, the customs, and the demands of the world, which
bring disease and death....

In this world we are to obtain a fitness for the higher world. God has left a trust with us, and
He expects us to use all our faculties in helping and blessing our fellow men. He calls for our
best affections, our highest powers.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Above The Fog Of Doubt

Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
Psalm 31:24.

Even Christians of long experience are often assaulted with the most terrible doubts and
waverings.... You must not consider that for these temptations your case is hopeless.... Hope in
God, trust in Him and rest in His promises.

When the devil comes with his doubts and unbeliefs, shut the door of your heart. Shut your
eyes so that you will not dwell upon his hellish shadow. Lift them up where they can behold the
things which are eternal, and you will have strength every hour. The trial of your faith is much
more precious than gold.... It makes you valiant to fight the battle of the Lord....

Satan connects with everyone that will connect with him. If he can get those that have had
an experience in religion, they are his most effectual agents to reach just such men and compass
their souls with unbelief. Youcannot afford to let any doubts come into your mind. Do not please the devil enough to tell about the terrible burdens you are carrying. Every time you do it, Satan laughs that his soul can control you and that you have lost sight of Jesus Christ your Redeemer....

We are to show forth Him who hath called us out of darkness into His marvelous light. It is
by living faith that we rest in that light. It is by living faith that we rejoice in that light every day.
We are not to talk our doubts and trials, because they grow bigger every time we talk them. Every
time we talk them, Satan has gained the victory; but when we say, “I will commit the keeping
of my soul unto Him, as unto a faithful witness,” then we testify that we have given ourselves to
Jesus Christ without any reservation, and then God gives us light and we rejoice in Him.

The soul that loves God, rises above the fog of doubt; he gains a bright, broad, deep, living
experience, and becomes meek and Christ-like. His soul is committed to God, hid with Christ in
God.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
How To Maintain Integrity!

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God
through Jesus Christ our Lord. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye
should obey it in the lusts thereof. Romans 6:11, 12.

Some regard sin as altogether so light a matter that they have no defense against its indulgence
or its consequence....

If you suppose for a moment that God will treat sin lightly, or make provisions or exemptions
so that you can go on in committing sin, and the soul suffer no penalty from so doing, you are
under a terrible delusion of Satan. Any willful violation of the righteous law of Jehovah exposes
your soul to the full assaults of Satan.

When you lose your conscious integrity, your soul becomes a battlefield for Satan; you have
doubts and fears enough to paralyze your energies and drive you to discouragement....

Remember that temptation is not sin. Remember that however trying the circumstances in
which a man may be placed, nothing can really weaken his soul so long as he does not yield
to temptation but maintains his own integrity. The interests most vital to you individually are
in your own keeping. No one can damage them without your consent. All the satanic legions
cannot injure you unless you open your soul to the arts and arrows of Satan. Your ruin can never
take place until your will consents. If thereis not pollution of mind in yourself, all the surrounding pollution cannot taint or defile you.

Eternal life is worth everything to us or it is worth nothing. Those only who put forth
persevering effort and untiring zeal with intense desire proportionate to the value of the object
they are in pursuit of, will gain that life which measures with the life of God....

We have the example of Adam and Eve before us, and the result of their transgression should
lead every soul of us to avoid sin, to abhor sin as the hateful thing it is, and to feel, in view of
the sufferings which sin is sure to inflict, that it is better to suffer loss of all things than to depart
from the least of God’s commandments.

Upvote 0