Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have decided to post a daily devotion from the Spirit of Prophesy to uplift and edify the brethren... comments are welcome but not required. May you be blessed by these words of comfort and wisdom.

May 27

Filled With His Fullness

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with
all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:19.

There are many who think that it is impossible to escape from the power of sin, but the
promise is that we may be filled with all the fullness of God. We aim too low. The mark is much
higher. Our minds need expansion, that we may comprehend the significance of the provision
of God. We are to reflect the highest attributes of the character of God. We should be thankful
that we are not to be left to ourselves. The law of God is the exalted standard to which we are to
attain.... We are not to walk according to our own ideas..., but we are to follow in the footsteps
of Christ.
The work of overcoming is in our hands, but we are not to overcome in our own name or
strength, for of ourselves we cannot keep the commandments of God. The Spirit of God must
help our infirmities. Christ has become our sacrifice and surety. He has become sin for us that
we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Through faith in His name He imputes unto
us His righteousness, and it becomes a living principle in our life.... Christ imputes to us His
sinless character and presents us to the Father in His own purity.
We cannot provide a robe of righteousness for ourselves, for the prophet says, “All our
righteousnesses are as filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6). There is nothing in us from which we can
clothe the soul so that its nakedness shall not appear. We are to receive the robe of righteousness
woven in the loom of heaven, even the spotless robe of Christ’s righteousness. We are to say,
“He died for me. He bore my soul’s disgrace, that in His name I might be an overcomer and be
exalted to His throne.”
It is privilege of the children of God to be filled with all the fullness of God. “Now unto him
that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power
that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world
without end” (Ephesians 3:20, 21).

Last edited:

Revelation 14:6-12

May 16, 2011
✟432.00
Faith
SDA
The Desire Of Ages [Quote of the Day]

"
... Since Jesus came to dwell with us, we know that God is acquainted with our trials, and sympathizes with our griefs. Every son and daughter of Adam may understand that our Creator is the friend of sinners. For in every doctrine of grace, every promise of joy, every deed of love, every divine attraction presented in the Saviour’s life on earth, we see “God with us.”

Satan represents God’s law of love as a law of selfishness. He declares that it is impossible for us to obey its precepts. The fall of our first parents, with all the woe that has resulted, he charges upon the Creator, leading men to look upon God as the author of sin, and suffering, and death. Jesus was to unveil this deception. As one of us He was to give an example of obedience. For this He took upon Himself our nature, and passed through our experiences. “In all things it behooved Him to be made like unto His brethren.” Hebrews 2:17. If we had to bear anything which Jesus did not endure, then upon this point Satan would represent the power of God as insufficient for us. Therefore Jesus was “in all points tempted like as we are.” Hebrews 4:15. He endured every trial to which we are subject. And He exercised in His own behalf no power that is not freely offered to us. As man, He met temptation, and overcame in the strength given Him from God. He says, “I delight to do Thy will, O My God: yea, Thy law is within My heart.” Psalm 40:8. As He went about doing good, and healing all who were afflicted by Satan, He made plain to men the character of God’s law and the nature of His service. His life testifies that it is possible for us also to obey the law of God.

By His humanity, Christ touched humanity; by His divinity, He lays hold upon the throne of God. As the Son of man, He gave us an example of obedience; as the Son of God, He gives us power to obey. It was Christ who from the bush on Mount Horeb spoke to Moses saying, “I AM THAT I AM.... Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” Exodus 3:14. This was the pledge of Israel’s deliverance. So when He came “in the likeness of men,” He declared Himself the I AM. The Child of Bethlehem, the meek and lowly Saviour, is God “manifest in the flesh.” 1 Timothy 3:16. And to us He says: “I AM the Good Shepherd.” “I AM the living Bread.” “I AM the Way, the Truth, and the Life.” “All power is given
unto Me in heaven and in earth.” John 10:11; 6:51; 14:6; Matthew 28:18. I AM the assurance of every promise. I AM; be not afraid. “God with us” is the surety of our deliverance from sin, the assurance of our power to obey the law of heaven.

In stooping to take upon Himself humanity, Christ revealed a character the opposite of the character of Satan. But He stepped still lower in the path of humiliation. “Being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.” Philippians 2:8. As the high priest laid aside his gorgeous pontifical robes, and officiated in the white linen dress of the common priest, so Christ took the form of a servant, and offered sacrifice, Himself the priest, Himself the victim. “He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon Him.” Isaiah 53:5.

Christ was treated as we deserve, that we might be treated as He deserves. He was condemned for our sins, in which He had no share, that we might be justified by His righteousness, in which we had no share. He suffered the death which was ours, that we might receive the life which was His. “With His stripes we are healed.”

By His life and His death, Christ has achieved even more than recovery from the ruin wrought through sin. It was Satan’s purpose to bring about an eternal separation between God and man; but in Christ we become more closely united to God than if we had never fallen. In taking our nature, the Saviour has bound Himself to humanity by a tie that is never to be broken. Through the eternal ages He is linked with us. “God so loved the world, that He gave His only-begotten Son.” John 3:16. He gave Him not only to bear our sins, and to die as our sacrifice; He gave Him to the fallen race. To assure us of His immutable counsel of peace, God gave His only-begotten Son to become one of the human family, forever to retain His human nature. This is the pledge that God will fulfill His word. “Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder.” God has adopted human nature in the person of His Son, and has carried the same into the highest heaven. It is the “Son of man” who shares the throne of the universe. It is the “Son of man” whose name shall be called, “Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” Isaiah 9:6. The I AM is the Daysman between God and humanity, laying His hand upon both. He who is “holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners,” is not ashamed to call us brethren. Hebrews 7:26; 2:11. In Christ the family of earth and the family of heaven are bound together. Christ glorified is our brother. Heaven is enshrined in humanity, and humanity is enfolded in the bosom of Infinite Love. ..." - The Desire Of Ages; by Ellen G. White; Pgs 24-26; represented in part, colour added for Biblical texts.

If anyone has not read it, you should...

http://www.connectingwithjesus.org/media/DA.pdf

Upvote 0

k4c

Nov 3, 2003
Rhode Island
✟4,820.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have decided to post a daily devotion from the Spirit of Prophesy to uplift and edify the brethren... comments are welcome but not required. May you be blessed by these words of comfort and wisdom.

May 27

Filled With His Fullness

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with
all the fulness of God. Ephesians 3:19.

There are many who think that it is impossible to escape from the power of sin, but the
promise is that we may be filled with all the fullness of God. We aim too low. The mark is much
higher. Our minds need expansion, that we may comprehend the significance of the provision
of God. We are to reflect the highest attributes of the character of God. We should be thankful
that we are not to be left to ourselves. The law of God is the exalted standard to which we are to
attain.... We are not to walk according to our own ideas..., but we are to follow in the footsteps
of Christ.
The work of overcoming is in our hands, but we are not to overcome in our own name or
strength, for of ourselves we cannot keep the commandments of God. The Spirit of God must
help our infirmities. Christ has become our sacrifice and surety. He has become sin for us that
we might become the righteousness of God in Him. Through faith in His name He imputes unto
us His righteousness, and it becomes a living principle in our life.... Christ imputes to us His
sinless character and presents us to the Father in His own purity.
We cannot provide a robe of righteousness for ourselves, for the prophet says, “All our
righteousnesses are as filthy rags” (Isaiah 64:6). There is nothing in us from which we can
clothe the soul so that its nakedness shall not appear. We are to receive the robe of righteousness
woven in the loom of heaven, even the spotless robe of Christ’s righteousness. We are to say,
“He died for me. He bore my soul’s disgrace, that in His name I might be an overcomer and be
exalted to His throne.”
It is privilege of the children of God to be filled with all the fullness of God. “Now unto him
that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power
that worketh in us, unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world
without end” (Ephesians 3:20, 21).

Thanks brother ECR... I've been meaning to read some of her writings but I just have not had the time. The only thing I've really read was Steps To Christ. I resently purchased a Remnant study Bible with some of her quotes but I really don't use my Bible to study since I have my computer. So thanks for posting these short devotionals.

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
These quotes are from Our Father Cares...

May 28

An Example Of The Believers

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that,
denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in
this present world. Titus 2:11, 12.

There is a great work for us to do if we would inherit eternal life. We are to deny ungodliness
and worldly lusts, and live a life of righteousness.... There is no salvation for us except in Jesus,
for it is through faith in Him that we receive power to become the sons of God. But it is not
merely a passing faith, it is faith that works the works of Christ.... Living faith makes itself
manifest by exhibiting a spirit of sacrifice and devotion toward the cause of God. Those who
possess it stand under the banner of Prince Emmanuel and wage a successful warfare against the
powers of darkness. They stand ready to do whatsoever their Captain commands. Each one is
exhorted to be “an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith,
in purity” (1 Timothy 4:12), for we are to “live soberly, righteously, and godly” in this present
evil world, representing the character of Christ, and manifesting His spirit....
Those who are connected with Jesus are in union with the Maker and Upholder of all things.
They have a power that the world cannot give nor take away. But while great and exalted
privileges are given to them, they are not simply to rejoice in their blessings. As stewards of
the manifold grace of God they are to become a blessing to others. They are entrusted with great
truth, and “unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required” (Luke 12:48). There
are weighty responsibilities resting upon all who have received the message for this time. They
are to exert an influence that will draw others to the light of God’s Word.... We are our brother’s
keeper....
If we are true believers in Jesus we shall be gathering rays from glory, and we shall shed
light on the darkened pathway of those around us. We shall reveal the gracious character of our
Redeemer, and many will be drawn by our influence to “behold the Lamb of God, which taketh

away the sin of the world” (John 1:29).

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Putting Our Gifts To Work

But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after

that. 1 Corinthians 7:7.

God gives more than money to His stewards. Your talent of imparting is a gift. What are you

communicating of the gifts of God, in your words, in your tender sympathy? ... The knowledge

of truth is a talent. There are many souls in darkness that might be enlightened by true, faithful

words from you. There are hearts that are hungering for sympathy, perishing away from God.

Your sympathy may help them. The Lord has need of your words, dictated by His Holy Spirit....

The first work for all Christians to do is to search the Scriptures with most earnest prayer, that

they may have that faith that works by love and purifies the soul from every thread of selfishness.

If the truth is received into the heart, it works like good leaven, until every power is brought into

subjection to the will of God. Then you can no more help shining than can the sun....

All natural gifts are to be sanctified as precious endowments. They are to be consecrated to

God, that they may minister for the Master. All social advantages are talents. They are not to

be devoted to self-pleasing, amusement, or self-gratification.... The gift of correct example is a

great thing. But many gather about the soul an atmosphere that is malarious....

The gifts of speech, of knowledge, of sympathy and love, communicate a knowledge of

Christ. All these gifts are to be converted to God. The Lord stands in need of them, He calls

for them. All are to act a part in preparing their own souls and the souls of others to rededicate

their talents to God. Every soul, every gift, is to be laid under contribution to God. All are to

cooperate with God in the work of saving souls. The talents you possess are given you of God

to make you efficient colaborers with Christ. There are hearts hungering for sympathy, perishing for the help and assistance God has given you to give to them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exalting The Man Of Calvary

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be
lifted up: that whosoever believeth in him should not
perish, but have eternal life. John 3:14, 15.

I point you to the cross of Calvary. I ask you to consider the infinite sacrifice made in your
behalf that through faith in Jesus Christ you may not perish but have everlasting life.... I point
you to Jesus. You are safe in committing to Him the innermost working of your mind. The Lord
Jesus hath purchased you with an infinite price. You may commit the keeping of your soul to
Jesus. You may trust Him as your Counselor.... Constantly draw nigh unto God. He will help
you.
O be sure you receive your illumination from the Source of all light. He is the great central
Light of the universe of heaven and the great Light of the world. He will enlighten every man
that cometh into the world. Reach no cheap, low standard. Cultivate the gentleness of Christ.
Secure the highest attainments, and draw your inspiration from Jesus Christ. He is your Friend.
You may always depend upon Him and find Him faithful and true. When you need His sympathy
in your greatest perplexity, wounded and bruised, He will not pass you by on the other side. To
Him you may come in the simplicity of children. To Him you may come with joy and rejoicing.
With everything that is flattering to your hopes, every success which attends your labors in the
Lord, look up to Jesus and lay every honor at His feet. Everything depends upon your walking in
all humility of mind. Write the name of Christ upon your banner and never dishonor your colors.
All heaven was given to us in Christ Jesus.... O honor Jesus by giving to Him the heart’s best
and holiest services! He has given His life for you. Who is He that hath done this? The only
begotten Son of God, He that was One with the Father before the world was.
Lift up your banner, lift it up higher. Never, never let it trail in the dust of the earth. Exalt
Jesus. Lift Him up, the Man of Calvary, higher and still higher.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
We Shall See His Face

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. Revelation 22:4.

We cannot now see the glory of God, but it is only by receiving Him here that we shall be
able by and by to see Him face to face. God would have us keep our eyes fixed on Him, that
we may lose sight of the things of this world. We have ... no time for any of us to delay that
preparation which will enable us to see the face of God....
Only by looking to Jesus, the Lamb of God, and following in His steps, can you prepare to meet God. Follow Him, and you will one day walk the golden streets
of the city of God. You will see Him who laid aside His royal garments and His kingly crown,
and disguising Himself with humanity, came to our world and bore our sins, that He might lift
us up and give us a revelation of His glory and majesty. We shall see Him face to face if we now
give ourselves up to be molded and fashioned by Him and prepared for a place in the kingdom
of God.

Those who consecrate their lives to the service of God will live with Him through the
ceaseless ages of eternity. “God himself shall be with them, and be their God” (Revelation
21:3)....
Their minds were given to God in this world; they served Him with their heart and intellect,
and now He can put His name in their foreheads. “And there shall no night there; ... for the Lord
God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever” (Revelation 22:5). They do not
go in as those that beg a place there, for Christ says to them, “Come, ye blessed of my Father,
inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world” (Matthew 25:34). He
takes them as His children, saying, Enter ye into the joy of your Lord. The crown of immortality
is placed on the brow of the overcomers. They take their crowns and cast them at the feet of
Jesus, and touching their golden harps, they fill all heaven with rich music in songs of praise to
the Lamb. Then “they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.”

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Learning Of God Through His Works

The Lord is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works. All thy works
shall praise thee, O Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee. Psalm 145:9, 10.

We love to contemplate the character and love of God in His created works. What evidences
has He given the children of men of His power, as well as of His parental love! He has garnished
the heavens and made grand and beautiful the earth.

“O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! ... When I consider thy heavens,
the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; what is man, that thou
art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?”“All thy works praise thee, O
Lord; and thy saints shall bless thee” (Psalm 8:1, 3, 4; 145:10).

Had our world been formed with a perfectly level surface the monotony would have fatigued
the eye and wearied the senses. God has adorned our world with grand mountains, hills, valleys,
and ranges of mountains. The rugged granite, bare mountains, also the mountains decorated with evergreens
and verdure, and the valleys with their softened beauty make the world a mirror of loveliness. The
goodness, wisdom, and power of God are manifest everywhere. In mountains, rocks, hills, and
valleys, I see the works of divine power. I can never be lonely while viewing the grand scenery of
nature. On the journey over the plains and mountains I have had feelings of the deepest reverence
and awe while viewing the frowning precipice and snow-capped mountain heights.

The mountains, hills, and valleys should be to us as schools in which to study the character
of God in His created works. The works of God which we may view in the ever-varying
scenes—in mountains, hills, and valleys, in trees, shrubs, and flowers, in every leaf, every spire
of grass—should teach us lessons of the skill and love of God and of His infinite power.

Those who study nature cannot be lonesome. They love the quiet hours of meditation, for
they feel that they are brought in close communion with God while tracing His power in His
created works.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not To Condemn But To Save

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world
through him might be saved. John 3:17.

There are souls who are trembling in unbelief. They ask, “How can I know that God is
reconciled to me? How can I be assured that He loves and pardons me?” It is not for you, dear
youth, to make yourselves just with God. Jesus invites you to come to Him with all your burdens
and perplexities.... Accept the promise and the provision that God has made.... Look away from
self to Jesus; for in Christ the character of the Father is revealed.

The blood of Christ in ever-abiding efficacy is our only hope, for through His merits alone
we have pardon and peace.

The character of God as revealed by Christ invites our faith and love, for we have a Father
whose mercy and compassion fail not. At every step of our journey heavenward He will be with
us to guide in every perplexity, to give us help in every temptation.

Your reason and imagination should be touched with the life-giving power of Christ, that
forms of beauty and truth may be impressed thereon. There are great and precious truths that
demand your contemplation, in order that you may have a sound foundation for your faith by
having a correct knowledge of God. O that the superficial, vain seeker for truth would learn that the world by wisdom, however much acquired, knew not God.

It is proper to seek to learn all that is possible from nature, but do not fail to look from nature
to Christ for the complete representation of the character of the living God. By contemplation
of Christ, by conformity to the divine likeness, your conceptions of the divine character will
expand, and your mind and heart will be elevated, refined, and ennobled. Let the youth aim high,
not relying upon human wisdom, but living day by day as seeing Him who is invisible, doing
their work as in the sight of the intelligences of heaven....

He who constantly depends upon God through simple trust and prayerful confidence, will be
surrounded by the angels of heaven. He who lives by faith in Christ, will be strengthened and
upheld, able to fight the good fight of faith, and lay hold upon eternal life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Heavenly Election

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure:
for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall. 2 Peter 1:10.

This is the only election regarding which the Bible speaks. Fallen in sin, we may become
partakers of the divine nature and attain to a knowledge far in advance of any scientific learning.

By partaking of the flesh and the blood of our crucified Lord, we shall gain life eternal. In the
sixth of John we read: “Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life” (John
6:54). “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto
you, they are spirit, and they are life” (verse 63).
None need lose eternal life. Everyone who chooses daily to learn of the heavenly Teacher
will make his calling and election sure. Let us humble our hearts before God and follow on to
know Him whom to know aright is life eternal.

“Give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall
never fall: for so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting
kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:10, 11).

Here are your life-insurance papers. This is not an insurance policy the value of which
someone else will receive after your death; it is a policy that assures you a life measuring with
the life of God—even eternal life. O what an assurance! what a hope! Let us ever reveal to the
world that we are seeking for a better country, even a heavenly. Heaven has been made for us,
and we want a part in it. We cannot afford to allow anything to separate us from God and
heaven. In this life we must be partakers of the divine nature. Brethren and sisters, you have only
one life to live. O let it be a life of virtue, a life hid with Christ in God!
Unitedly we are to help one another gain perfection of character. To this end, we are to cease
all criticism. Onward and still onward we may advance toward perfection, until at last there will
be ministered unto us an abundant entrance into the heavenly kingdom.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Our Sure Foundation

For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if
any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; every
man’s work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed
by fire; and the fire shall try every man’s work of what sort it is. 1 Corinthians 3:11-13.

As fire reveals the difference between gold, silver, and precious stones, and wood, hay, and
stubble, so the day of judgment will test characters, showing the difference between characters
formed after Christ’s likeness and characters formed after the likeness of the selfish heart. All
selfishness, all false religion, will then appear as it is. The worthless material will be consumed;
but the gold of true, simple, humble faith will never lose its value. It can never be consumed; for
it is imperishable.

Character is not obtained by receiving an education. Character is not obtained by amassing
wealth or by gaining worldly honor. Character is not obtained by having others fight the battle
of life for us. It must be sought, worked for, fought for; and it requires a purpose, a will, a
determination. To form a character which God will approve, requires persevering effort. It will
take a continual resisting of the powers of darkness to ... have our names retained in the book
of life. Is it not worth more to have our names registered in that book, have them immortalized
among the heavenly angels, than to have them sounded in praise throughout the whole earth?

In the probationary time granted us here we are each building a structure that is to have the
inspection of the Judge of all the earth. This work is the molding of our characters. Every act
of our lives is a stone in that building, every faculty is a worker, every blow that is struck is for
good or for evil. The words of inspiration warn us to take heed how we build, to see that our
foundation is sure. If we build upon the solid rock, pure, noble, upright deeds, the structure will
go up beautiful and symmetrical, a fit temple for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Joe67

Sep 8, 2008
✟8,967.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2 Peter 1:5-10 is the same character building as Romans 5:1-5.

Which is built on this foundation.
1 Peter 1:2-4
2 Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, KJV

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Happiest People

Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand
there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11.

Do not think that when you walk with Jesus you must walk in the shadow. The happiest
people in the world are those who trust in Jesus and gladly do His bidding. From the lives of
those who follow Him, unrest and discontent are banished.... They may meet with trial and
difficulty, but their lives are full of joy; for Christ walks beside them, and His presence makes
the pathway bright....

When you arise in the morning, rise with the praise of God on your lips, and when you go
out to work, go with a prayer to God for help.... Wait for a leaf from the tree of life. This
will soothe and refresh you, filling your heart with peace and joy. Fix your thoughts upon the
Saviour. Go apart from the bustle of the world and sit under Christ’s shadow. Then, amid the
din of daily toil and conflict, your strength will be renewed. It is positively necessary for us to
sit down sometimes and think of how the Saviour descended from heaven, from the throne of
God, to show what human beings may become if they will unite their weakness to His strength.

Having gained renewal of strength by communion with God, we may go on our way rejoicing,
praising Him for the privilege of bringing the sunshine of Christ’s love into the lives of those we
meet....

Heavenly intelligences are waiting to cooperate with human instrumentalities, that the world
may see what human beings may become through a union with the divine. Those who consecrate
body, soul, and spirit to God’s service will constantly receive a new endowment of physical,
mental, and spiritual power. The inexhaustible supplies of heaven are at their command. Christ
gives them the life of His life. The Holy Spirit puts forth its highest energies to work in mind
and heart. Through the grace given us we may achieve victories which, because of our defects of
character and the smallness of our faith, may have seemed to us impossible.

To every one who offers himself to the Lord for service, withholding nothing, is given power
for the attainment of measureless results.

Upvote 0