✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
grand-piano-787211__340.jpg

But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled. - Job 4:5 #KJV

We often think that Job went through two attacks. The first attack was on Job’s substance (his possessions) in Job 1. The second attack was on Job’s person (his physical health) in Job 2. But there is a third attack on Job that we seldom think about, and that is the attack by his friends.
More...

• Winner
Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

But now it is come upon thee, and thou faintest; it toucheth thee, and thou art troubled. - Job 4:5 #KJV

We often think that Job went through two attacks. The first attack was on Job’s substance (his possessions) in Job 1. The second attack was on Job’s person (his physical health) in Job 2. But there is a third attack on Job that we seldom think about, and that is the attack by his friends.
More...

Whoa! You hit the nail on the head. Not only were Job's "friends" abominable to him, and "without a cause whatsoever", and lied about him and attacked him viciously when he was at his absolute lowest, but then there's also his wife, which must've twisted like a knife in his heart when she told him to just "curse God and die" already.

As it says in the linked lesson:

"Understand that Satan can use our friends to bring on spiritual warfare as well as he can use our enemies."

Indeed he can.

With friends like this, who needs enemies?

There's all kinds o' "frenemies" out there that Satan attempts to use.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

angeltrue

May 6, 2016
NJ
✟27,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

More...
Thank you for posting that! I have experienced this and am in the midst of an attack from a former-sibling who knows I am struggling hard with medical issues and yet tried to take some of my inheritance left me. I suspected an attack.

Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for posting that! I have experienced this and am in the midst of an attack from a former-sibling who knows I am struggling hard with medical issues and yet tried to take some of my inheritance left me. I suspected an attack.

I am so sorry to hear that. I just prayed that God would look out for you and protect you in the days head.

Upvote 0