Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61884Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.” - Judges 16:30

The Philistines were known as a powerful “sea” people that settled along the Mediterranean coast from Joppa to southern Gaza. It was an area that spanned some fifty miles long and fifteen miles wide. The Philistines power, according to Merrill/Unger, was due to their... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Philistines An Organized People Turned To Chaos

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
What comes to mind for me is that their champion in Gath (Goliath), as big n' bad as he was, was defeated by one smooth stone that a young shepherd boy, who was too small to wear the kings soldiers armor, brought that big ol' bully down before he could even fathom what was going to happen to him and as he railed against and insulted not only David, but the God of Israel.

When i think of Dagon, i'm reminded when God made an absolute mockery of this god, when the Ark was brought into the house of Dagon by the Philistines, and God knocked it on its face before the Ark. Then a second time Dagon was knocked over and it had again fallen before the Ark of the Lord, but this time only a "stump" of it was left. Its head and hands had fallen off.

LOL! It's actually kinda' humorous, if you picture it, and the sequence of its falling.

It's like God is saying "had enough yet?"

Thank you for this most memorable account of God's challenging false gods and the people who believe in them, on this sunny, and not as humid or hot Thursday morning in June, brother. (This is one of my fav'rite parts of the Bible).

God bless you.

iu

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What comes to mind for me is that their champion in Gath (Goliath), as big n' bad as he was, was defeated by one smooth stone that a young shepherd boy, who was too small to wear the kings soldiers armor, brought that big ol' bully down before he could even fathom what was going to happen to him and as he railed against and insulted not only David, but the God of Israel.

When i think of Dagon, i'm reminded when God made an absolute mockery of this god, when the Ark was brought into the house of Dagon by the Philistines, and God knocked it on its face before the Ark. Then a second time Dagon was knocked over and it had again fallen before the Ark of the Lord, but this time only a "stump" of it was left. Its head and hands had fallen off.

LOL! It's actually kinda' humorous, if you picture it, and the sequence of its falling.

It's like God is saying "had enough yet?"

Thank you for this most memorable account of God's challenging false gods and the people who believe in them, on this sunny, and not as humid or hot Thursday morning in June, brother. (This is one of my fav'rite parts of the Bible).

God bless you.

iu
A good morning to you Brinny. When I hear the name Dagon that is exactly what i think of, along with the little old lady that would scream on the late night commercial, 'I've fallen and I can't get up.' Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A good morning to you Brinny. When I hear the name Dagon that is exactly what i think of, along with the little old lady that would scream on the late night commercial, 'I've fallen and I can't get up.' Hope you have a blessed Thursday!

LOL!

Thank you, and a blessed Thursday to you as well. :D

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0