Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
View media item 61877Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

Then Jerubbaal, who is Gideon, and all the people that were with him, rose up early, and pitched beside the well of Harod: so that the host of the Midianites were on the north side of them, by the hill of Moreh, in the valley.” - Judges 7:1

Midian was the fourth son of Abraham by Keturah (Genesis 25). Midian’s descendents were known as Midianites and they dwelt in the area east of Jordan. Midian is the land where Moses fled when running from Pharoah. But by far, the best known stories involving the Midianites take place in... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: The Midianites A Picture Of God’s Peace

Reactions: brinny

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i love the testimony of Gideon, especially when the Angel of the Lord greeted him with:

"And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour." ~judges 6:12

Gideon was hiding from the Midianites at the time, because they were terribly abused and oppressed by the Midianites. When he heard the Angel of the Lord call him "mighty man of valour" he surely must've questioned if he was imagining things.

However, God patiently trained this man into becoming exactly what He called him, and that was a "mighty man of valour."

He used Gideon mightily. And He can do the same for us.

Thank you for this blessed reminder about Gideon on this sunny, warmer, and more humid Tuesday morning in June, brother.

God bless you.

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0

D4L

Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2017
Birmingham, AL
✟459,678.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i love the testimony of Gideon, especially when the Angel of the Lord greeted him with:

"And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour." ~judges 6:12

Gideon was hiding from the Midianites at the time, because they were terribly abused and oppressed by the Midianites. When he heard the Angel of the Lord call him "mighty man of valour" he surely must've questioned if he was imagining things.

However, God patiently trained this man into becoming exactly what He called him, and that was a "mighty man of valour."

He used Gideon mightily. And He can do the same for us.

Thank you for this blessed reminder about Gideon on this sunny, warmer, and more humid Tuesday morning in June, brother.

God bless you.
A good afternoon to you Brinny. I do love the story of Gideon. I love the way his army was whittled down to a level that they could not take credit for the victory. Hope you have a blessed Tuesday!

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A good afternoon to you Brinny. I do love the story of Gideon. I love the way his army was whittled down to a level that they could not take credit for the victory. Hope you have a blessed Tuesday!

Amen and exactly!!!

Thank you, and a blessed Tuesday to you as well. :)

Reactions: D4L
Upvote 0