• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Daily Devotion: Rizpah (A Picture of a Mother’s Love)

Discussion in 'Daily Devotionals' started by D4L, May 26, 2019.

1. D4L

D4L Well-Known Member Supporter

+835
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Good morning my dear friends in Christ!

But the king took the two sons of Rizpah the daughter of Aiah, whom she bare unto Saul, Armoni and Mephibosheth; and the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul, whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite:” - II Samuel 21:8

Herbert Lockyer in his book All the Kings and Queens of the Bible says of Rizpah. “Without tent to screen her from the scorching sun all day and the saturating dew at night, and with only her black widow’s sackcloth to rest upon to keep her from the rocky ground, Rizpah watched her precious dead till the anger of Jehovah relented and the rain came. There she remained at... #D4Ldevotion #D4L #Christian

Refreshing Daily in God's Word: Daily Devotion: Rizpah (A Picture of a Mother’s Love)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. brinny

brinny everlovin' shiner of light in dark places Supporter

+102,597
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Profoundly poignant. Another name i have been unfamiliar with. Yet how profound her testimony and sacrificial.

Thank you for sharing this. My own mother passed away after being very ill. God is GOOD. His grace is inexplicable. Before she died we were, by God's grace, able to begin a "new" relationship of forgiveness and grace. Praise God that He can grow beauty from ashes.

God bless you.

3. D4L

+835
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Brinny, so sorry to hear about your mother passing away. So glad though you were able to establish a new relationship with her prior to her passing. In Christ alone!

4. brinny

+102,597
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    Praise God for His grace, as it was only possible through His inexplicable grace. She gave her life to Christ before she passed away, which was another mooooooving of His grace.

5. D4L

+835
    United States
    Baptist
    Married
    Amen. God's grace is good! My dad fought God his whole life. He got dementia that progressively became worse. After my son died last February, he listened to my son-in-law and me witness to him, but refused to respond. Before my son's death, he wouldn't even listen.

His dementia progressed to the point it was nearly impossible to carry on a conversation with him. Late last year I was sitting with him while my mother was at the doctor and he seemed to be in his right mind. I witnessed to him once again, but this time he wanted me to help him pray and ask Jesus to save him. He died on March 1st of this year. I am not certain he was saved, but I have hope he could be, which I did not have before.

God is so good!

Last edited: May 27, 2019
  6. brinny

+102,597
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Constitution
    :heart: Praise God! Yes, God is GOOD!! The fact that he asked you to help him pray is a miracle. God can mooooove in ways that we cannot even fathom.